PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Security Forces... for a POG?

SSDD
08-22-10, 08:52 PM
I was reading about re-enlistment incentives and came across MCSF and thought it sounded amazing. But upon closer inspection, it occurred to me that I might have to be a grunt to do this. Is that true? Because my MOS has zero possibility for travel or doing anything different or exciting, and even guarding nuclear subs sounds really awesome to me, just for a change of pace for a while. Also I heard it was a 5 year billet but that didn't seem right.. Anyways any insight or info would be appreciated,
Thanks

josephd
08-22-10, 10:18 PM
as far as I know security forces is its own MOS, not like a b-billet or some sort of re enlistment incentive. The 5 year billet means its a 5 year contract because of the school time after SOI/ITB. After a some time with a FAST Co. or other job duties as a security force member you get rotated to a regular infantry unit.

Quinbo
08-22-10, 10:20 PM
Even an ordinary farmer can be out standing in his own field.

spotts
08-23-10, 06:45 AM
Security Forces is a B Billet and MOS is 8152. Or at least it was in 1990 when I went through the school.

stretchusa
08-23-10, 03:08 PM
Security Forces is a B Billet and MOS is 8152. Or at least it was in 1990 when I went through the school.
This^ plus its only a 5 year contract when you first enlist not reenlist.

gwamo1
08-25-10, 08:10 AM
You also have to be able to re-enlist in your original MOS.

thewookie
08-25-10, 05:48 PM
Is that true?

Nope. You can be a cook, a admin guy/gal or a candlestick maker. ;)

For Marines reenlisting as an NCO, the tours can be as short as a year, or it was when I was in Greece.

josh9971uw
08-29-10, 01:13 PM
I was MSFG for my first enlistment. First, its a secondary MOS, 8152 marine security forces guard. Not to be confused by marine security guards. It requires that your primary MOS is infantry, most common are 0311s. During an initial 4 year enlistment the first year is usually boot, ITB, security forces school and depending on your contract/qualifiers depends on if you go to a FAST team, secret or top secret facility and the missions you'll perform. Of course there are attachments to MCSFG such as armorer that arent 03s but then they also arent standing post or an 8152 designator either.

The MSG doesnt require you to be an 0300 field and its cadre positions are open to all MOSs, calls for 18+ months time on station. Can't be married, have x amount of dependents, needs TS clearance, 90+ GT, 4.2 Pro/cons avg+