PDA

View Full Version : 410 +

Senior Poolee
08-22-10, 12:46 AM
Hey Poolees, <br />
I was approved to exceed the 410 days of being in the DEP with out being discharged. My recruiter said I was the first in the history of the DEP to do this. Just wondering if maybe...

DBrown
08-22-10, 12:52 AM
Why are you going passed the 410 day mark instead of shipping?

Senior Poolee
08-22-10, 01:12 AM
The short of it is, I had Mono. On my third ship date (Aug. 1st) I was at MEPS. I had my Med Docs on my mono with a release from my doctor saying I was good to go on leaving. But the MEPS doctor said it's a mandatory 3 month wait after diagnoses. I was diagnosed late June. The next ship date I was good to go for was October 18th. I'm what my recruiter calls a "Special Case". I was just seeing if he was bull shi**ing me that I'm the first in the history of the DEP.

Cellinheim
08-22-10, 04:16 PM
I can see where a medical situation in the nature of yours would invoke this. I dunno of anyone else myself. We have a poolee in our poole that has been waiting to be a Marine for a total of three years now, but his situation is a lot different than yours. He did not actually re-DEP in until this past month. Seeing as he is "retired" due to an injury from Boot, he was merely waiting on his approval to get back to the Isle.

DevilDogsSon269
08-26-10, 08:27 AM
U are not the first. We had some one who had his date pushed back 5 times. That was after a 9 month DEP. He shipped nearly 2 years after swearing in.

alphamarine23
08-30-10, 12:16 AM
Ya I DEP'ed in two years ago and won't ship until next January. But I was disenrolled for the NROTC scholarship and now I'm enlisting again because I want to go enlisted first. Waiting sucks! There are no recruiters at my station that were there when I first enlisted. Good luck though!