PDA

View Full Version : Who Are You!

Cellinheim
08-21-10, 07:16 PM
Ok, so in an attempt to better get to know each other... Tell me about your pets, favorite band, where you want to be in twenty years...

Cellinheim
08-21-10, 07:20 PM
To start this off... I like Heavy metal (new age stuff not pre-95), I have a Bernese Mountain Dog AKC registered. I drive a CHEVY Silverado crew cab 2007 Classic...

DBrown
08-21-10, 07:22 PM
Let's make this like an eHarmony ad minus the trying to find a partner part and chemistry match.

Cellinheim
08-21-10, 07:25 PM
No not really. Just attempting at actually Get to know some of the people who actually respond here, instead of just bumping into them in a random article.

Cellinheim
08-21-10, 07:27 PM
If it is a bad Idea, do not post. it will dissipate after a week or so with no responses.

DBrown
08-21-10, 07:30 PM
Nah it's cool man I was just being a smart ass. Well let's see; I'm 20, work at Lowe's, I don't really have a favorite band but if I had to choose it would be Chevelle, I drive an 89 Toyota Pickup, and in 20 years I hope to be sitting on a beach in Spain if not sooner.

shadox
08-21-10, 07:50 PM
Lets see here I work at mcdonalds, still live with my parents (until i ship), have no car, like all rock and country but disturbed is my overall favorite, and have 3 cats that annoy the fck out of me.

Hance23
08-21-10, 08:46 PM
Hey guys, I have two huge german shepherds that are pretty badass, my recruiter totally got me hooked on the band Skillet, I drive a 01 toyota tacoma, and in 20 years hopefully i'll be close to retiring from the Corps and sitting my butt on a beach like DBrown!

Aguilar90
08-21-10, 09:07 PM
Im 19, no car, from Miami but currently on a long ass vacation in California, i listen mostly House music but i have all types of music in my ipod, in 20 years imma be settled down finishing to raise my kids and about to end my time in the Corps.

sparkie
08-21-10, 09:16 PM
I have 2 black labs, one weights in at 150 lbs. raised 3 kids. Husband of one just back from Afgan,,,, Got one grandkid here,,,one on the way. Like poker,,, Don't like liars. 59 soon,,,, things hurt. Glad I didn't die in nam, Still can't face the wall. Drunk alot, and don't really care what you think. Semper Fi, children.

Cellinheim
08-21-10, 09:22 PM
Still can't face the wall

...That is truly Deep Marine.

Oh, seeing as I forgot to answer my own question here... In twenty years I plan on (if everything goes...roughly :P) On being retired from the Corps and running my own Coffee Shop.

Dillon
08-21-10, 09:28 PM
In twenty years I want to retired, or in politics (fight another war entirely), pets? I have a cat but I prefer foxes, I like foxes. I don't really have a band but I do like sacred spirit, carl sagan's theme, and parody songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsnqIGFyry4

Here's my favorite song by them, I like to think of myself as very peaceful and earth friendly. And very philosophical if I do say so myself... but I do not consider myself a hippie, code pinkist, or any of that, rubbish.

DBrown
08-21-10, 09:41 PM
Im 19, no car, from Miami but currently on a long ass vacation in California, i listen mostly House music but i have all types of music in my ipod, in 20 years imma be settled down finishing to raise my kids and about to end my time in the Corps.

PM me some House artists/albums to check out, I need to build up my house collection.

Steve018
08-21-10, 09:54 PM
I'm 18, about to turn 19. love a lot of music but mainly Metallica, ZZ Top and Led Zeppelin. From Chi-town! Actually a suburb so I'm no city boy. Hopefully, if my best dreams come true, in twenty years I hopefully will retire from the Marine Corps. I also enjoy long walks on the beach and gardening ;)

Rough Hands
08-21-10, 10:01 PM
20-years-old. Female. From Alaska. My dog actually recently passed away, he was a mixed breed. I drive a silver 2006 Toyota Corolla. Favorite band is The Dear Hunter. In twenty years, I'm not sure where I'll be or I'd like to be, really... I'll come back to that one.

berts78
08-21-10, 11:52 PM
No prob bro. im 20 and leave for boot in january cant wait. im going in as an E-2 should be getting an E-3 before i go if not then hopefully i will graduate honor grad and get promoted to E-3. im going into the reserves since active duty there was no positions open. i just got a new job instead of this old crappy one haha. 15 an hour fulltime good sh*t let me tell ya hard work tho. I plan to work my way to sergeant major and stay in for at least 20+ years prly only in the reserves tho. I would like to start a family here in the next few years with my gf we will see how that goes and i would like to become the best leader i can and serve my country. i listen to basically all kinds of music not a big fan of rock and blues is gay so gospel, country, hip hop, some rock thats me. and im a huge workout freak lol. im pretty obsessed. how did i do did i pass lol?

DBrown
08-22-10, 12:16 AM
20-years-old. Female. From Alaska. My dog actually recently passed away, he was a mixed breed. I drive a silver 2006 Toyota Corolla. Favorite band is The Dear Hunter. In twenty years, I'm not sure where I'll be or I'd like to be, really... I'll come back to that one.

Omfg, I love you just because you know who The Dear Hunter is!

Cellinheim
08-22-10, 07:01 AM
My dog actually recently passed away, he was a mixed breed... In twenty years, I'm not sure where I'll be or I'd like to be, really... I'll come back to that one.

Before I got my Bernese Mountain Dog about six weeks ago after my mixed breed passed away. The wife and I decided on a a breed after we fell in love with one we saw.

As for "twenty years," I ask this because we were encouraged to write down our goals for distance time periods in high school. We all sent ourselves letters which we received four years later... It was pretty enlightening to see the change we had in ourselves...

It also helps to establish a bridge, or map on a How to get there if we write down the steps.

Cellinheim
08-22-10, 07:03 AM
how did i do did i pass lol?

LOL, sure thing man.

Cellinheim
08-22-10, 07:06 AM
should be getting an E-3 before i go

Oh, one more thing, out of curiosity. How is this supposed to happen? I was under the impression that one could only obtain Lance Corporal in Boot.

enrikmolina
08-22-10, 08:31 AM
Hey there!
Im 19, Turning 20 in boot (Nov. 9th )
Got a taco bell dog that can take on anyone from the ankles down, pure breed!
I drive a 2007 Honda Fit!
Favorite Band ~ Well I Dont Really Have One But SOUL MUSIC IS WHERE ITS @ FOR ME!
In 20 years I hope my USMC career will still be going on! Im aiming for officer! :D

the802
08-22-10, 11:50 AM
This is dumb.

Rough Hands
08-22-10, 03:01 PM
This is dumb.

Way to be a Negative Nancy.

Cellinheim
08-22-10, 04:07 PM
No, No Rough Hands. Ignore the post, I personally did not think the post warranted a response. Seeing as so many of us including a Marine did not apparently feel that way. He will feel really awkward when his Leaders are asking him funny questions like "Please fill out your profile..." Wait they already did...:P Anyhow Enough derail.

Nerd
08-22-10, 11:43 PM
This recruit is 18 as of June 18th. I like heavy metal (almost all kinds) especially death metal. I'm actually in a death metal band and I scream in that band. I don't drive, I don't even have my license because i've been lazy about it.

I smoke black & milds because I find them classy haha :P

tblake87
08-23-10, 11:38 AM
I'm currently 22, I will be 23 when I go to Parris Island on January 3rd (Active Duty) - better late than never is the motto I'm going with. I picked my job choices and haven't received any confirmation yet, but my first choice was aircraft mechanic.

I currently live on my own and have a 8 month old Siberian Husky and by far the most hyperactive dog I've ever had and is chipped two teeth trying to chew my steel toe boots. But I will miss her to death when I leave.

I had an 05 Chevy Cavalier that was totaled about 2 months ago, when I got the insurance payout from the woman's insurance who hit me, I put the majority of it in savings and got myself a 92' Mercury Sable for $600 that runs great.

I don't really have any favorite bands as I listen to all genres of music from Country to Rap.

20 years from now, I'll be 42 and hopefully married w/ kids and a good job in some kind of aviation related field of work.

Cellinheim
08-23-10, 11:57 AM
Sorry to hear about your car tBlake. My Bernese Mountain Dog will be 16 weeks this wed.

ScarSniper
08-23-10, 04:11 PM
I'm 21, shipping out to Parris Island on December 13th as an Active Duty 03. I've been wanting to be a U.S. Marine for a while, and now I've got the chance...I live in Brooklyn, N.Y. I'm into all kinds of music, as long as it has a groove, a melody and a meaning..from Tupac to John Mayer, doesn't matter, long as it can activate my imagination. To tblake87...I used to have a Siberian Husky as well, named him Silverhaven, he was all white with blue eyes..a puppy, so you know, he kind of looked like a fox..used to get so much attention from the ladies with him!! But my family moved to an apartment which didn't accept pets so I gave him to my cousin. Sucks. You're right though, they are hyper as hell, but then again, they're sled dogs, and I live in the city. Anyway, 20 years? Well, if I earn the title, I hope to be retiring from the Marines by then (maybe do a few more years) and have a family (wife, 4 kids, a dog or 2, decent house that i'd like to be able to say i've worked for) and maybe open up a restaurant/pub because to me cooking is one of the few things in life that give me complete peace of mind and everyone wants to just kick back with a nice cold one after a day of elbow-grease and sh!t-taking! lol

Kiri
08-24-10, 10:15 AM
17, in a band, set to graduate boot before my class graduates high school. Two dogs; corgie and black lab. I have 3 horses that i probably don't ride enough. I go to school and work full time. One of my favorite hobbies is building furniture out of bone, antler, and riverwood; which I usually woodburn designs into.

Also, the Smashing Pumpkins kick ass.

Cellinheim
08-24-10, 12:43 PM
Kool I also build furniture... I mostly use Poplar wood and Red Cedar...:banana:

WAR-Machine
08-24-10, 01:13 PM
I'm an 18 year old male. I have 1 calico cat. I do not own a car, but I drive my dad's 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage, it's a piece of crap. I like listening to many kinds of music ranging from jazz, bebop and blues to heavy metal, classical, and some of the old time music like sonatra and elvis. In 20 years I'd like to still be in the Corps as an officer, be married and be at least a major(I'm doing enlisted first)

Nerd
08-26-10, 12:50 AM
Damn good set up you got there bud, haha. Officer, married, as an O4. How many years enlisted do you want to do?

WAR-Machine
08-26-10, 08:46 AM
I'm enlisting for 4 years to start and once I hit E-4 I'm going to try out for MECEP and hopefully get accepted before the end of my enlistment. Then I plan on staying in as long as possible. I am going to aim high and say, yes I would like to be a general officer one day.

DevilDogsSon269
08-26-10, 01:11 PM
Helloo, I have 5Dogs, a cat, a turtle, and many exotic fish. I am too into music to name specific types nor can I give anything short of a list of my favorite bands. I Have 3 cars currently one is totalled(technically speaking since iI chose to fix it)and one I am selling: 92 Mustang GT(totalled car), 88 Camaro(427 block replacement(selling), Nissan Titan King Cab Shortbed SE(trading in soon for Jeep Wrangler Unl).

In Twenty Years, i will either be dead, still in the Marines(or just retired), or living in Helsinki, Finland or Cork, Ireland doing whatever the hell I want.

PARKER93
08-29-10, 03:13 PM
Im 17, and I just got a new dog. I don't listen to a lot of music mainly older stuff. I drive an 06 mustang, and in 20 years I would like to be in or retired from the Marines.

Good Squire
08-29-10, 08:45 PM
I do not have a car, I have a 12 year old Cocker Spaniel and in 20 years I will just be retiring from the Corps.

VanderFool
08-30-10, 01:11 AM
I'm 19 from Cinci Ohio, have a fat little Beagle who's a little retarded, drive a 94 Plymouth Sundance who purrs like a kitten, I went to UC for a year but now I telemarket every day, which sucks, until I leave for boot, and in 20 years I wanna be chillin on the beach with a bombshell of a wife and some kids.