PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from my very first POOL function.

tblake87
08-21-10, 01:52 PM
Today was my very first POOL function and it was an amazing one. We went to the Run for the Fallen, which was in dedication for a local Marine by the name of SSgt Matthew Ingram who was killed in action in Afghanistan.

Let me tell you this was one of the most inspirational things I've ever experienced in my entire life. About 20 of us poolees showed up along with our Gunnery Sergeant and 3 Staff Sergeants and at least 200 other people attended as well. The poolees began by running a mile and half while holding the USMC guide and yelling cadences. Afterwards, we took turns handing off the USMC guide and American Flag and running a lap with it. We kept that up from 0900 to 1300 - not once did either the guide or flag stop moving! In total, I ran and walked over 6 miles, which I have never been able to do before today. It was amazing to see such a turnout over a fallen Marine and effort put out by the current Marines and poolees, which really shows the Marines take care of their own and are still part of the brotherhood even after death and I for one cannot wait to be a part of the brotherhood.

RIP SSgt Matthew Ingram, you may be gone but you are definitely not forgotten.

Rough Hands
08-21-10, 04:16 PM
Today was my very first POOL function and it was an amazing one. We went to the Run for the Fallen, which was in dedication for a local Marine by the name of SSgt Matthew Ingram who was killed in action in Afghanistan.

Let me tell you this was one of the most inspirational things I've ever experienced in my entire life. About 20 of us poolees showed up along with our Gunnery Sergeant and 3 Staff Sergeants and at least 200 other people attended as well. The poolees began by running a mile and half while holding the USMC guide and yelling cadences. Afterwards, we took turns handing off the USMC guide and American Flag and running a lap with it. We kept that up from 0900 to 1300 - not once did either the guide or flag stop moving! In total, I ran and walked over 6 miles, which I have never been able to do before today. It was amazing to see such a turnout over a fallen Marine and effort put out by the current Marines and poolees, which really shows the Marines take care of their own and are still part of the brotherhood even after death and I for one cannot wait to be a part of the brotherhood.

RIP SSgt Matthew Ingram, you may be gone but you are definitely not forgotten.

Very motivating.

Steve018
08-21-10, 10:00 PM
That sounds very cool. Hopefully our town will put up a memorial for two Marines our town has last recently. Both have died in combat last week and I'm guessing at our next PT we will probably do something in their remembrance.

berts78
08-21-10, 11:56 PM
thanks for that. cool beans bro.

Cellinheim
08-22-10, 04:18 PM
Awesome.