PDA

View Full Version : Hello Quick Question

luis2787
08-19-10, 02:05 PM
what do i have to do to get security forces in the Marines and do you need a high GT score? i enlisted today so im picking my jobs on monday

WAR-Machine
08-19-10, 02:46 PM
I think it's a GT score of at least 105. You can't just apply for the MOS. They take new people at certain times and the slots fill up fast. That's what happened with me. I didn't get the job, unfortunately.

Hummel
08-19-10, 08:25 PM
what do i have to do to get security forces in the Marines and do you need a high GT score? i enlisted today so im picking my jobs on monday

You actually are infantry with a UW of UV contract. There is probably only one open for your shipdate.

you can read more here....
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/8156.htm

luis2787
08-19-10, 10:10 PM
if i dont get it i still want to do infantry but my recruiter says its really hard to get so idk

WAR-Machine
08-20-10, 08:50 AM
if you don't get it, you can still get an 03XX MOS and try out for security forces.

Steve018
08-20-10, 11:30 AM
I'm hoping for Security Forces too. My recruiter already sent an application and once the new list of available slots come out I'll be able to find out

luis2787
08-20-10, 03:32 PM
is it gonna be hard to get a ifantry slot?

Steve018
08-20-10, 11:22 PM
is it gonna be hard to get a ifantry slot?

I can't really say, I hear infantry is a popular MoS right now so slots may be full a lot of the time. Keep in mind that a brand new list comes out soon with new slots for a lot of the MoS's for the new Marine Corps year in Oct. Always have a back up job, expect the worst and realize that the Marine Corps never garentees anything.

luis2787
08-21-10, 07:37 AM
if i cant get either of them i guess i am going to try to get MOS 0621 - - Field Radio Operator seems like a intresting job

Cellinheim
08-21-10, 11:19 AM
Here is the deal. Seeing as I just got done actually reading all of the official contracts on my recruiters PC this past week... The security forces job is difficult to get in the fact that;

one, it is highly sought after. Travel the world... LITERALLY. Get to stay in some pretty awesome places you would never get to see as a normal grunt/pog.

Two, REALLY REALLY detailed background check. When you fill out your contract for this job it is as if you are resigning all of your paperwork again. This should not be an issue if you wish to actually pursue this job. Point being, that they need the person to get this job to be SPOTLESS, from a credit/criminal standpoint anyhow.

Go for it! If this IS THE JOB you really want apply pressure to the situation. Your recruiter can see ALL of the MOS openings from now until you ship date, not including the changes/additions that roll out in October when the new fiscal year starts. Just remember that your recruiter is busy so actually BUGGING them is not the route to take here.

As for infantry. If you choose this route it may take a while. This is the job that EVERYBODY wants... almost everybody anyhow. Off the rip so the waiting line is rather long.

Final thoughts, If you have something on the contract that says NO there is no way around it, YET. I have a moral waiver preventing me from getting my MOS of choice. No waiver, I have looked. The best option to take here is to enlist into another MOS that is comfortable to yourself, then after your first four years request a Lateral Move. The only issue is that the MOS, being requested, has to be open.

luis2787
08-21-10, 03:41 PM
Here is the deal. Seeing as I just got done actually reading all of the official contracts on my recruiters PC this past week... The security forces job is difficult to get in the fact that;

one, it is highly sought after. Travel the world... LITERALLY. Get to stay in some pretty awesome places you would never get to see as a normal grunt/pog.

Two, REALLY REALLY detailed background check. When you fill out your contract for this job it is as if you are resigning all of your paperwork again. This should not be an issue if you wish to actually pursue this job. Point being, that they need the person to get this job to be SPOTLESS, from a credit/criminal standpoint anyhow.

Go for it! If this IS THE JOB you really want apply pressure to the situation. Your recruiter can see ALL of the MOS openings from now until you ship date, not including the changes/additions that roll out in October when the new fiscal year starts. Just remember that your recruiter is busy so actually BUGGING them is not the route to take here.

As for infantry. If you choose this route it may take a while. This is the job that EVERYBODY wants... almost everybody anyhow. Off the rip so the waiting line is rather long.

Final thoughts, If you have something on the contract that says NO there is no way around it, YET. I have a moral waiver preventing me from getting my MOS of choice. No waiver, I have looked. The best option to take here is to enlist into another MOS that is comfortable to yourself, then after your first four years request a Lateral Move. The only issue is that the MOS, being requested, has to be open.

What about MOS 0621 - - Field Radio Operator you know anything about it

Rough Hands
08-21-10, 04:11 PM
What about MOS 0621 - - Field Radio Operator you know anything about it

Try this out; Radio Operator MOS/Communications (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88922&highlight=field+radio+operator)

Cellinheim
08-21-10, 05:06 PM
Another thing, not to destroy your hopes and dreams here. I am just trying to prep you for what is to come. You will pick a field of the Marine Corps. From there they will offer you a selection of what they have open in that field, not the specific mos, your designation will be something close to MOS 06xx (the double x signifying the specific MOS).

Please understand this is not a "your gonna get screwed," but instead a, "understand you WILL GET TO PICK from what they need."

As far as security clearance, if you have not had any MAJOR run ins with the law your clearance should be fine... Or if you have any ties with any foreign people. Primarily "anti-american" countries. EVERY MOS has security clearance of a specific level.

berts78
08-22-10, 12:01 AM

talk to your local recruiter or check google bro, us poolees are not Marines or recruiters so are help is minimum and this should most likely be posted in the ask a marine section.