PDA

View Full Version : cammies

beznuts
08-18-10, 03:03 PM
I just EASed in may, under honorable conditions, and am now inactive reserve until 2012. Can i wear cammies outside of base? It's not about wearing the tops and bottoms. I have one pair of desert pants that i had in iraq, and they are old and broke in and kinda dirty. Am i authorized to wear them just as regular pants?

Apache
08-18-10, 03:49 PM
why in sam hill would you choose to look like a bum in a city?

beznuts
08-18-10, 04:08 PM
I am not wearin them out to bars, more like four wheeling and muddin

Backhaus 1103
08-18-10, 04:14 PM
Unless you're going muddin down western in jacksonville I doubt you're going to get caught by anyone who cares...or anyone at all. When I eas I don't want to see cammies let alone put any on my body, but its you not me.

Quinbo
08-18-10, 04:42 PM
If you go strictly by the book then while in the IRR you are still subject to the UCMJ. You would be violating a standing order by wearing cammies off base. Do they really call them freakin pants these days? Good grief!

Outside of that .... if you wear them hunting or cut the legs off and wear them to the beach no one is gonna give a fork.

beznuts
08-18-10, 04:52 PM
no they call'em trousers. but only jackasses call that in real life!

USMCM38A1
08-18-10, 04:56 PM
There are so many non Marines wearing our cammies that I don't see why you couldn't wear them four wheeling or hunting etc....Semper Fi

Vandrel
08-18-10, 04:59 PM
Unless you're going muddin down western in jacksonville I doubt you're going to get caught by anyone who cares...or anyone at all.

lol

08-18-10, 05:09 PM
Who's gonna stop ya?

Kegler300
08-18-10, 05:26 PM
I don't see a problem with wearing cammies for hunting, fishing, four-wheeling, cutting grass, etc., but that's it.

DrZ
08-18-10, 05:33 PM
Wear them while you can...won't take long before you can't get them buttoned! lol. I wore my jungles whenever I worked on the car, went hunting, fishing, mowing the lawn, etc. They were tough... wicked away sweat.... and nobody (wife) cared if I ripped gaping holes in them.

Vandrel
08-18-10, 10:49 PM
Wear them while you can...won't take long before you can't get them buttoned! lol.

LOL, man I was digging through the garage and found my deserts I wore 7 years ago, f'n small/reg, hard to imagine my fatass used to fit in those.

hussaf
08-18-10, 11:37 PM
Dude, my crap from BC is a size 28 waist.

I remember there was a pretty big craze to wear those Gore Tex jackets when they replaced the field jackets...for like the stuff you said, plus snowboarding. Of course its not technically allowed, but I remember the guidance I got (when they first came out, I mean) was as long as there's no name tapes, Marine Corps tapes, rank, etc its relatively cool (with most of command). Pretty much the logic rule applies...anything a non-douche would wear cammies for is basically a "field environment"...just in the civilian world. I did, however, see a guy at a college Halloween party wearing MARPAT for his uniform. While I am certainly no stickler his gayness was so strong that I yelled at him in front of everyone; for being uncreative in his costume, being a d-bag b/c he was loving soaking up all the praise for being a Marine, and being belligerently out of uniform.