PDA

View Full Version : No Honor anymore

The DUKE
08-17-10, 09:47 PM
So I guess the same court system that says &quot; Hey no problem you homo's can get married any time you want&quot; might just have shoved one up our butts as well, the things that make you go &quot;Hmmmmm!&quot; <br />

Komenko
08-17-10, 09:59 PM
the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals is 2/3s progressive. you just showed the proof. the U.S. Attorney better appeal that ruling!

jetdawgg
08-17-10, 09:59 PM
@The DUKE

I would not be surprised if he is an illegal immigrant also:usmc::mad:

The DUKE
08-17-10, 10:03 PM
US appeals court panel: Law against faking receipt of military medals is unconstitutional

Published August 17, 2010

| Associated Press
<!-- /user-interaction -->PASADENA, Calif. – A three-year-old federal law that makes it a crime to falsely claim to have received a medal from the U.S. military is unconstitutional, an appeals court panel in California ruled Tuesday.

The decision involves the case of Xavier Alvarez of Pomona, Calif., a water district board member who said at a public meeting in 2007 that he was a retired Marine who received the Medal of Honor, the nation's highest military decoration.

Alvarez was indicted in 2007. He pleaded guilty on condition that he be allowed to appeal on First Amendment grounds. He was sentenced under the Stolen Valor Act to more than 400 hours of community service at a veterans hospital and fined $5,000.

A panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals sided with him in a 2-1 decision Tuesday, agreeing that the law was a violation of his free-speech rights. The majority said there's no evidence that such lies harm anybody, and there's no compelling reason for the government to ban such lies.

The dissenting justice insisted that the majority refused to follow clear Supreme Court precedent that false statements of fact are not entitled to First Amendment protection.

The act revised and toughened a law that forbids anyone to wear a military medal that wasn't earned. The measure sailed through Congress in late 2006, receiving unanimous approval in the Senate.

Dozens of people have been arrested under the law at a time when veterans coming home from wars in Afghanistan and Iraq are being embraced as heroes. Many of the cases involve men who simply got caught living a lie without profiting from it. Almost all the impostors have been ordered to perform community service.

The U.S. Attorney's Office in Los Angeles said it was deciding whether to appeal Tuesday's ruling.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-18-10, 01:52 AM
I expect nothing less from the leftards on the 9th circut. Take heart lads...they are the MOST overturned court in the US.

revleo
08-18-10, 02:10 AM
kinda out of the corner of my eye and all i have to say is "are you f******* Sh****** me

m14ed
08-18-10, 02:52 AM
And if we use our same freedom to claim that we're Doctors, Lawyers, LawEnforcement Officers and with out being such...
These Clowns will let you yell fire in a loaded Theater.

Kinda Catchy hey ?? Dr.FederalSpecialAgent m14ed.esq.

wonder how that would look on a name tag ?

revleo
08-18-10, 03:10 AM
i went to seminary on my own dime was cheaper than secular college and i was interested in how people thought and what better way to learn about people than by the ethics they are taught via religion so you might say that yes i have a few titles but i earned them all