PDA

View Full Version : irregular performance?

Aguilar90
08-17-10, 02:03 AM
i have noticed that some days in PT i kick butt like literally ace on the run and all exercises, but some other days i just feel like crap, lose my breath easily and cant catch up no matter how much i push myself my body just doesnt respond, does this happen to anybody else?? i dont smoke, or drink alcohol, not even sodas, i only drink water, milk or natural juices.

Rough Hands
08-17-10, 04:59 AM
What's your diet and sleep schedule like? Everybody has their off days, but there can be little things that will throw you off - like your workout routines, what you're eating, the amount of sleep you get, etc.

Good Squire
08-17-10, 06:23 AM
It's possibly the intense humidity in Miami. I live in Houston TX and some days I can run forever(not a very fast runner but that'll improve) and other days such as last saturday I thought I was going to die. Make sure to hydrate and don't let the weather f**k with you, I'm sure that's the problem. Just remember, ANY CLIME ANY PLACE!

Aguilar90
08-17-10, 06:19 PM
well im actually on vacations in California and here is dry heat, but either ways i was used to the humidity in Miami, and this has happened to me in both places so i doubt is the weather. @ Rough Hands, my sleep patterns have remained constant, since i was 16 i've been going to bed around 2 or 3am and that hasnt changed, my nutrition did, however, improve, before i would barely eat anything throughout the day because i was always doing something and now that im on vacation i get my three meals normally. today i did PT and did way better than yesterday, it baffles me

Cellinheim
08-17-10, 06:42 PM
Has your body acclimated to PT yet? It could be that you are not yet used to your own workouts. How often have you been doing them?

Aguilar90
08-17-10, 06:48 PM
i do PT on my own at least three times a week, and this week i started working out with the local recruiting station. idk i really just hope this doesnt happen when i hit PI

Cellinheim
08-17-10, 06:51 PM
The primary thing is your mental status. As long as you hit your goals consecutive regardless of how fast you should be fine. How long have you been working out?

Aguilar90
08-17-10, 07:08 PM
since i DEP'd in which was in April 1st

Cellinheim
08-17-10, 07:48 PM
You should be conditioned enough for that to stop by now... Prior to exercise, are you drinking water, milk, or juice? On your food, how salty is it?

BassPro0007
08-17-10, 10:08 PM
i do PT on my own at least three times a week, and this week i started working out with the local recruiting station. idk i really just hope this doesnt happen when i hit PI

Like cellinheim was getting at, it sounds like your body is not quite used to PT yet. It can take two or three months to get used to extensive cardio workouts. Just keep at it man and you'll get used to it. Also what you eat and drink the day before can make a huge difference.

Aguilar90
08-18-10, 09:19 PM
cool im just gonna keep on exercising then hopefully by the time i go to bootcamp im gonna be used to it thanks a lot y'all

Cellinheim
08-19-10, 06:00 PM
I have one last thing to add. Drink PLENTY OF WATER. Juice is cool at mealtimes. It is said that the average person needs about half of a gallon of water for every one-hundred pounds of body weight. Hydration is key. It prevents cramps, fatigue, and worst of all PASSING OUT!

Dillon
08-19-10, 07:06 PM
I'm thinking it might have something to do with your insulin levels, or perhaps how well you hydrate yourself.

Hummel
08-19-10, 08:32 PM
Remember to drink alot of water. During Cross Country I didn't hydrate well on the weekends and mondays I always sucked.

Aguilar90
08-20-10, 06:20 PM
insulin levels? i do hydrate, i drink at least half a gallon of water a day

Cellinheim
08-20-10, 08:35 PM
average person needs about half of a gallon of water for every one-hundred pounds of body weight

I am not saying I do not believe you. This is just one of the only things it would appear to be. Just giving a pointer as to what the problem may have been. Sometimes it feels like we are drinking plenty, but in fact we are not.

Dillon
08-20-10, 08:41 PM
insulin levels? i do hydrate, i drink at least half a gallon of water a day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin

wilsontc11
08-20-10, 09:03 PM
Man, i've been having the exact same problem. Sometimes I kick ass on the mile and a half, other times I barely make it to the finish line, and then other times I just say **** it and dont even go the whole way... I don't really believe that its that my body "isnt used to PT".

I went on vacation about a month ago (for 1 week), barely ran at all, came back, and my mile and a half time dropped by literally 20 seconds. maybe we just need to go easier? I dont know... will try the tips you guys have shared though

Rough Hands
08-21-10, 03:28 PM
Man, i've been having the exact same problem. Sometimes I kick ass on the mile and a half, other times I barely make it to the finish line, and then other times I just say **** it and dont even go the whole way... I don't really believe that its that my body "isnt used to PT".

I went on vacation about a month ago (for 1 week), barely ran at all, came back, and my mile and a half time dropped by literally 20 seconds. maybe we just need to go easier? I dont know... will try the tips you guys have shared though

Sometimes your body needs rest - overtraining can be a big problem for some people.

berts78
08-22-10, 12:11 AM
may want to check your diet, what you eat is a huge factor and what you do for activities everyday. Whether you just sit around or your on your feet or not. stretching could play a MAJOR part in it as well bro stretch before and after your workouts and PT and every single day just randomly stretch while watching a movie or something while your bored and then when you even get more bored go workout or run or do something that involves sweating etc. I hope i helped some.