PDA

View Full Version : Is this Manymoonsago?

jetdawgg
08-14-10, 09:14 PM
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/postgazette/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=142308983

You may have to cut and paste into your browser

Phantom Blooper
08-14-10, 09:17 PM
GIBSON JOHN W.
On April 24, 2010, age 60, of Pittsburgh. John was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran. Beloved husband of Janice Gibson; cherished brother of Mary Alice Pollock; also nieces and nephews. Friends received from 9-11am on Thursday at the GEORGE IRVIN GREEN FUNERAL HOME, INC., 3511 Main St., Munhall 412-461-6394 where a Blessing Service will be held at 11am.
Send condolences at post-gazette.com/gb

This fits his profile and he hasn't been on since February.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=44095

SlingerDun
08-14-10, 09:21 PM
:flag:

Wyoming
08-14-10, 09:50 PM
Moons was one of the good guys.

RIP Marine.:flag:

Semper Fidelis.

Who is gonna make the phone call?

SgtThrasher
08-14-10, 09:52 PM
The description sure sounds like him.He hasn't made a post in many months and I've wondered if he had health issues.

DocGreek
08-14-10, 10:36 PM
:flag:....Rest in peace, Brother. John was a very good man, and one of my Friends.....GOD be with you.....:flag:

hbharrison
08-14-10, 10:38 PM
Did not know him or have the pleasure of his company so R.I.P. Marine.

mcvet57103
08-14-10, 10:46 PM
Rest easy Marine, I'll see you at final Muster. Semper Fi

ameriken
08-15-10, 12:13 AM
I read through his obit this morning, and went through some of the comments in the guestbook link. One of the entries said something about their times together at "Penn State" and moons doesnt make mention of Penn State in his profile. Because of that slight little glitch I was hoping it wasnt him, but I admit that may be wishful thinking. Everything else makes sense. There are a few other mentions in his guestbook from people who knew him through an 'internet forum', so I am 99% sure this must be him.

He was definitely one of the good guys. God Bless you John. Semper Fi :iwo:

jetdawgg
08-15-10, 08:48 AM
Phantom Blooper discovered the links and started this dialog. I am going to call the Funeral Home today and see if I can obtain a Eulogy. If successful I will scan it for posting.

Moons definitely was one the smarter posters and like most of us a Good Marine.

I really enjoyed his Dirty Old Man dialog:D Not that he is alone with those thoughts.

He was really missed and he left without notifying us. I hope that he understood that we all cared very deeply. I wish his family well.

Kenny, about Penn State, I saw that too but maybe he did some work there as a lawyer:usmc:

Quinbo
08-15-10, 08:53 AM
Moons is already missed. I've been wondering for months where he went. Rest in peace Marine.

I believe he got his law degree at penn state.

jetdawgg
08-15-10, 09:03 AM
Called the Funeral Home and got the answering service. They are closed today.

They may call me at some point today as the answering service will pass my name and number to them. :usmc:

Rooger
08-15-10, 07:33 PM
As far as I know and I live in Pittsburgh.....this is moons, I had the Privilege and Honor of meeting him here on this forum. I'm Saddened By the loss of Our Brother..... I knew from my conversations on here that he did have some health issues but not the extent of them.

John was one of the "Good guys" as BigAl has said.
I will Miss Him and his humor.
Rest in Peace Brother.

jetdawgg
08-16-10, 08:20 AM
I got a call from the Funeral Home this AM. As per the Director, it was Moons.

He was cremated and a Catholic Priest Blessed the Urn. Moons' wife then took the urn with her.

The Director could not provide too much information so I instructed him to provide Moons' wife with my contact info and also contact info to the site:usmc:

NoRemorse
08-16-10, 09:00 AM
Fvck. That blows; like really.

Pardon my ineloquence but ain't seen him for a while and got worried months back. Thought maybe he just took some time off. Rest in peace brother; you've been missed.

Wyoming
08-16-10, 12:23 PM
Thanks Micheal. Keep us informed.

ameriken
08-16-10, 04:04 PM
I got a call from the Funeral Home this AM. As per the Director, it was Moons.

He was cremated and a Catholic Priest Blessed the Urn. Moons' wife then took the urn with her.

The Director could not provide too much information so I instructed him to provide Moons' wife with my contact info and also contact info to the site:usmc:

Thanks for the message Mike, as well as for looking in to this. I am saddened by the news. If you do talk with his wife, please pass along our blessings and condolences. :iwo:

Rooger
08-16-10, 05:05 PM
Mike.... Please keep me informed, If There is anything i can do, since I live in Pittsburgh.. As per His Family.....Let me know. Maybe visit his resting place and place flowers or whatever for all of us....Contact me through here.

Roger.

jetdawgg
08-16-10, 06:18 PM
Marines, this is a f'n sad story. I feel all the pain. This hurts us all, particularly those that passed posts back and forth with the Marine.

I will do my best to keep all of the Marines here abreast of the situation. Hopefully she does call,

None the less we all send our condolences.

Rooger, will do Marine:usmc::cry:

sparkie
08-16-10, 06:59 PM
Fkn sad,,,,,, He was my friend.

Rooger
08-16-10, 08:12 PM
Thanks Mike I'm hoping she does call, I'm sure she knows what the Corps Meant to him.

I stand ready.:usmc::cry:

ameriken
08-17-10, 02:54 PM
It was very strange to see someone unknowingly resurrect a thread today that MMA started just over a year ago. The dates on the posts throughout the thread made it almost appear as if MMA just recently started it.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86664

After learning about his death over the weekend, it was just very wierd when I saw his name show up in the political forum. For a second I had hoped that we had wrong information and that he had come back and was posting again.

Which just saddens me more to know we lost another good Marine. Even though we were on opposite ends of the political spectrum, he was a good guy to debate with. I specifically remember that thread, and like jetdawgg, I feel the pain to know that he is now gone.

jetdawgg
08-17-10, 03:34 PM
@ameriken

A part of MMA will live on in all of us who engaged dialog with him. Still is very painful to comprehend though:usmc:

No word from his family yet. I will have to give them some time to gather the response:flag:

HOLM
08-17-10, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the updates Jet.

I enjoyed Chatting with MMA here...

Semper FI my brother. You will be missed

Sgt Leprechaun
08-17-10, 06:43 PM
Semper Fi, MMA. You were a worthy adversary and a brother.

"First star to the right, and straight on 'til morning".

Zulu 36
08-17-10, 09:32 PM
RIP, Manymoons. You were a site friend of mine and a quality debater. You have been missed here and now we know why. Better than average excuse, bro. :usmc:

jetdawgg
08-20-10, 08:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1zZSFvOsPc&feature=related

Wyoming
08-20-10, 10:25 AM
Requiescat in Pace and Semper Fidelis, My Brother.