PDA

View Full Version : Armory/Gunsmithing

florczak2287
08-12-10, 09:16 PM
I was talking to a friend of Mine about getting out and going into gunsmithing He mentioned something about some kind of program where I could get my civilian certification straight out of the Marine Corps (Via some ojt paperwork from my chain of command) without another school,and I would be interested in any knowledge anyone may have on this. I am a 2111. :nerd:

hbharrison
08-12-10, 09:31 PM
Have not seen that so can't say but I do know some schools that are done with home schooling should be right for GI Bill they are certified may worth looking into also. As a gunsmith you are going to have to know all guns and brands.

hbharrison
08-12-10, 09:36 PM
Computer got ahead of me. You will also need to apply for a FFL and you will need very good records and keep them updated. When you apply for the FFL you will get a lot of info from outside people who can get you to people who have software and records keeping stuff for gunsmithing. I say go for it if you like it.

florczak2287
08-12-10, 09:40 PM
Thanks harrison, appreciate the info.

hbharrison
08-12-10, 11:49 PM
Before I forget A.G.I. is one of the schools they have a lot of videos on guns to complete drawings of all parts on each gun also try Brownells for gunsmithing parts and tools they have one of the largest selections around and it is good stuff. They also have books and videos. And if you think about buying guns from gun comapnies unless you are willing to buy say 25,000 bucks worth forget it they will not sell to you and unless you have a store front to put them in just he way it is. Got to have a lot of money to open a gun store. I worked on guns at my house for years and it was fun.