PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done Active Reserves before?

NeverQuit
08-12-10, 07:11 PM
So i'm trying to get back in, all AD boat spaces are full for 0311, PS recruiter suggested AR. I want to deploy pick up and all that fun stuff anyone have any info on it besides the recruiters sale pitch?

stein07
08-13-10, 10:19 AM
Are you in the IRR? The MOBCOM website lists open billets for deployment.

NeverQuit
08-15-10, 04:01 PM
I'm in the IRR as of the 7th, I'm considering lat moving as i believe it would give me a better chance when it comes to reenlisting on the active side of the house, having 2 MOS that i could fall into never hurts. I just don't know what best suites me. Call it grunt pride but it's always been hard to picture myself anything but infantry. I have 110 GT score so i believe most things are available. As far as MOBCOM goes i have been looking into the billets and there usually isn't anything i would qualify to do.

gwamo1
08-16-10, 05:49 PM
MOBCOM failed me too. I've been working hard to put my package together for AR but it's not a guarantee. From what I understand, and I could be wrong, is they will open up the "career" side on September 1st, but won't release any MOSs they are accepting. You just put in your package and wait. I could be wrong, but that's the way it was explained to me by my AR recruiter.

awbrown1462
08-16-10, 07:32 PM
the Reserve unit in my area is the 4th Tanks they have no AR all the full time Marines are Active Duty Marines stationed with the Reserves