PDA

View Full Version : Never Believe it

bgsuwoody
08-12-10, 05:57 PM
Well it is deployment number two for me and it is the second time that my deployment has changed dramatically within 2 months of leaving. Last time we trained for Iraq and went to Afghanistan.

This time our MEU is going to consist of heading off to Pakistan to help in the relief efforts and we will be leaving significantly earlier than expected.

Its another day for me in the Marine Corps and I am ready to take on yet another, what could be, significant challenge for the Marines of 3/8. I hope that you all keep us in your prayers, and stay informed of the situation in Pakistan. Keep doing what you do and we'll keep doing what we do. I thank you all again for your support and I'll be leaving soon.

Without expectations, without reservations, and filed with motivation
Cpl Woodall

Covey_Rider
08-12-10, 06:04 PM
It always changes...I was told I had two months before this last pump...and two days after I was given that "two month" heads up we got told that we were leaving in 3 days. And away we went.

hbharrison
08-12-10, 06:29 PM
Keep your head and your azz down and your eyes open will take care of the prayers.:beer::flag:

bgsuwoody
08-12-10, 07:28 PM
kinda where i am at right now Covery lol

Zulu 36
08-12-10, 09:05 PM
Stay safe, Woody. We'll be praying for you and the rest of 3/8.

AlohaMarine
08-12-10, 09:08 PM
Don't worry, I'll keep Waikiki looking good for you guys. You fight the Taliban, I will take care of the Hulaban and Pele the goddess of the Volcano.

Bdchi1
08-12-10, 09:44 PM
Woody...you're on our list brother. Do that thing you do and we look forward to your tall tales when you return. Semper Fi Marine. God's speed.

josephd
08-12-10, 09:49 PM
get some and good luck Cpl.

Danny C Smith
08-13-10, 09:13 AM
Good luck and hang tough Woody.
You are all in our prayers and we know that you all will do an
outstanding job.
I just want to go with ya.

Semper Fi.

Lcpl03bellator
08-13-10, 09:24 AM
gl, and stay safe.

kenrobg30
08-15-10, 12:09 PM
People look at you funny, when you practise ducking, but to hell with them, duck anyway. Give 'em hell Brother, and PRACTISE :beer: KEN

Backhaus 1103
08-15-10, 12:54 PM
Stay safe bro and hit those *****es where they live.

brian0351
08-15-10, 12:57 PM
Ironically, we're fighting a war in two countries and yet your going to help the country where Osama bin Laden actually is!

doc h fmf
08-15-10, 01:03 PM
Good Luck Semper Fi Brother.
What Company? Iwas In H$s And Lima Companies 85-90

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

viper1833
08-15-10, 03:14 PM
Good Luck Bugs, see you got your good cookie congrats brother :cool:

Osotogary
08-15-10, 03:29 PM
bgsuwoody,
If your Battalion's and Regiment's...well, FPO, is an active MOTOMAIL address, the folks here, actually, anyone who becomes a free MOTOMAIL member , will be able to write to you and you should get the message in, I believe, 48 hours. If I am not mistaken, pictures can be sent as well. There are limitations of coarse.
All the best to you and your fellow Marines. Take nothing for granted...ever.
Adios, for now.
Gary

Old Marine
08-15-10, 03:49 PM
Have a safe and good tour Woody. God's Speed.

micarr57
08-15-10, 09:16 PM
good luck brother i'll pray for you and your mem and i don't do that for just anyone
but MARINES aren't just anyone
SEMPER FI

bgsuwoody
08-21-10, 05:56 PM
Well I'll be out the door within the near future, I am on my pre deployment leave (also known as a 96) so its been tough getting my life and my bills together, but I'm managing and am ready to get out there and do that thing.

Should have the re-enlistment package finalized on Monday and will be signing another 4 years away when I hit the Suez. Got a new little plan, and am really excited for it actually.

If I dont get on again. I wish you all well and my boat should have internet so I should be able to give some status reports.

Semper Fi
Cpl. Woodall

linda1945
08-21-10, 10:51 PM
Semper Fi Woody!! Keeping you in my prayers!! Good Luck and stay safe!!
Lin

Gunner 0313
08-21-10, 11:19 PM
:flag:Semper Gumby bro ! Stay safe !

Kenneth Havelka
08-22-10, 10:15 AM
God Bless you and your 3/8 Battalion.You'll be in my prayers.
Semper Fi

rb1651
08-22-10, 11:28 AM
Stay safe Woody, you'll be in my prayers.

Phantom Blooper
08-26-10, 04:33 PM
26th MEU deploys early to provide aid to Pakistan

August 26, 2010 4:16 AM
SUZANNE ULBRICH
Updated at 4:08 p.m.

Nathan Anderson will miss his honeymoon and the birth of his first child in March.

The sergeant with Battalion Landing Team 3/8 will instead be providing humanitarian aid to Pakistan as his unit shipped out a month early for deployment with the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit Thursday.

He and wife, Cpl. Jessica Anderson, of Marine Wing Support Squadron 272 aboard New River Air Station, said “I do” at the Onslow County Magistrate Office Saturday. It wasn’t the big wedding they planned for Sept. 10, but it’s what their duty calls for.

“We’ll … deal with it,” said Sgt. Anderson as he headed out for his third deployment.

Cpl. Anderson said the celebrations would wait until her new husband returns.

“We’ll (have the wedding and the honeymoon and celebrate the birth) when he gets home,” she said.

More than 2,000 troops from Camp Lejeune will deploy over the next few days in support of humanitarian aid missions in Pakistan. Much of the country was flooded by monsoon rains that began in mid-July.

26th MEU Marines and sailors will board the Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group in Norfolk, according to officials.

Marines will support relief efforts in coordination with Pakistan’s government, other U.S. government agencies and non-governmental organizations. The MEU’s capabilities will allow Marines to provide food, water, transportation and other relief support to those seeking aid.

“This is an opportunity for 26th MEU Marines and sailors to help a key partner nation,” said Col. Mark J. Desens, 26th MEU commanding officer. “We have a versatile flexible force that we will use to alleviate suffering of the Pakistani citizens affected by this disaster.”

The troops have been trained to do a lot of different things, said 1st Lt. Dennis Dunbar, and are prepared to do whatever is asked.

“Once we get on the ship we’ll hit the deliberate planning part,” he said.

Leaving a month early was “definitely hard,” said Cpl. Tyler Horton, as he held his 4-month-old daughter Lillian. His first deployment was June 2009 to Afghanistan.

“You’ve got to do what you’ve got to do,” he said.

Following assistance in Pakistan, 26th MEU will continue its originally scheduled deployment supporting commanders in the Mediterranean and Arabian Sea regions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More than 2,000 troops from Camp Lejeune will deploy in support of humanitarian aid missions in Pakistan.

Marines and sailors with 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit will depart the base beginning today to board the ships of Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group in Norfolk, according to unit officials. The Marines will continue to board personnel and equipment throughout the weekend.

The early deployment will fulfill a Department of Defense requirement to depart before the end of the month.

Much of Pakistan was flooded by monsoon rains earlier this month.

Following assistance in Pakistan, 26th MEU will continue its originally-scheduled deployment supporting commanders in the Mediterranean and Arabian Sea regions.

bootlace15
08-26-10, 06:35 PM
woody, Good luck brother and watch where you walk,If you know what I mean.

tdrt
08-27-10, 08:42 AM
your going to help the country where Osama bin Laden actually is!

Maybe the MF'er drowned!

Good luck Woody -- do good and come back safe.

yellowwing
08-27-10, 08:51 AM
Maybe the MF'er drowned!

Good luck Woody -- do good and come back safe.
Bin Laden drowning in pig crap would be Justice!

Keep an eye on your Marines, Woody! Keep them out of those Pakistani Strip Clubs and tattoo parlors. Fair winds and following seas, Semper Fi! :iwo:

vipere6
08-27-10, 08:55 AM
My prayers are with you Woody. Be safe.

Simper Fi

HurricaneRJ
08-27-10, 04:55 PM
3/8 and 1/8 leaving at the sametime. I'll be a country over stay safe and Semper Fi'

MD8724
08-29-10, 08:51 AM
Hope you brought something to keep you entertained. You probably won't make it off ship in Pakistan. :)