PDA

View Full Version : HQMC Backlogged???

USMarine0161Vet
08-12-10, 08:50 AM
So I just got off the horn with the Prior Service Recruiter.. Who told me that HQMC is backlogged and has been on a serious delay on approving reenlistment packages..

Why does this matter? I am submitting a package for reenlistment and for the reserves and apparent I rate a reup bonus, however, if the delay is an issue, I may not rate any bonus?? according to the PSR that it doesn't matter when I submit it, its when HQMC approves it...
Anyone have any thoughts or direction on this one?
Thanks
DMac

hussaf
08-12-10, 09:20 AM
That's not shocking at all.

usmc3521
08-12-10, 10:38 AM
hmmm, not sure. I am just waiting on my age waiver(out over 3 year waiver) to come back which my psr says can take 30 days or less.

Hell my tattoo waiver was approved in 2 weeks

BR34
08-12-10, 12:01 PM
This sucks, I just submitted my package Monday. Great!

Supersquishy
08-12-10, 02:32 PM
Was told a few days ago 2-3 weeks.

Danny C Smith
08-12-10, 02:59 PM
I was told Sept. 12, 2001 that I was to dammed old and had to many
dependants.:D Recruiter's exact words.
HeII, I tried though.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-13-10, 12:28 AM
I think if it's bonus related, then as long as you have the packet in prior to the drop dead date, you'll be ok.

Doesn't surprise me at all they are backlogged. HQMC is one of the most UNDER manned units (for what they do) in the Marine Corps. When I was at the Intelligence Department, which basically tracked ALL the 0231's in the Marine Corps (along with a bunch of other intel related crap and MOS's, doctrine, policy/procedure, forms etc etrc etc) our 'shop' consisted of the General, his aide, an Admin Gunny, the Intell Operations Sgt (me) and a PFC admin clerk. And a civilian sec'y. We handled it all. (I'm not counting the Colonel, the SES, the lawyer..).

Now, we didn't do orders etc but we davmn sure did most everything else.

Now reenlistments/Personnel etc branch did have more folks when I was there....but as I recall, they were constantly busy, esp. this time of year. I think the shop had something like 10 Marines total for the entire Marine Corps.

USMarine0161Vet
08-14-10, 02:42 AM
Well I just talked to another recruiter, who "advised me" that HQMC is backed up and didn't think that it would be sent and approved by 30sept10, which then would not allow me the bonus.. However, I got lost in words and thought I heard him say, that since I am a waiver Marine( been out longer than 3 years).. I wouldnt rate it anyways.. or it would take too long... Not sure, I think ima wait til 2011 FY and see what the Corps has to offer!
S/F

Averitt
08-17-10, 01:53 PM
I am looking to re-enlist and even though they are backlogged, can I still submit a package? The recruiter didn't seem to care about me submitting a package. He just told me to check back with him October 1st. I hate to let 6 weeks worth of waiting to go to waste if I can submit it now.

Supersquishy
08-17-10, 04:43 PM
Doesn't the Next Fiscal Year start in October? as in the 1st?

Sgt Leprechaun
08-17-10, 07:38 PM
Yup.

And submitting a package now would likely be a waste of your time. Wait.