PDA

View Full Version : Imposter Teacher Claimed Silver Star Purple Heart and Vietnam Veteran SHUT DOWN

historyfishman
08-11-10, 02:56 PM
In December of 2009 I contacted the fine Marines here on this website and needed help in what to do regarding a man I worked with at a public high school. He showed me medals, which included a Silver Star as well Purple Heart medal. He said he was a Vietnam combat veteran. When the age didn't match up I came here.

You suggested the FBI and Stolen Valor act. Well, the teacher was contacted at school this week and told to no longer claim these things. There wasn't enough evidence to warrant a prosecution, so a waring was all they could do. The FBI worked for 9 months, and took it very serious. Thanks for all the help, and those of you who did know who you are. Thanks.

WXSgt
08-11-10, 03:10 PM
if he claimed to have been awarded these to all of yall that would be evidence in itself i would think but good to hear there is something going on to get the posers.

Troutzilla
08-11-10, 03:40 PM
Nice catch Fishman.....

Semper Fi
Trout

:flag:

The DUKE
08-11-10, 04:14 PM
I was under the impression just recently that a federal judge gave a ruling that it wasnt a criminal offense to brag about whether or not you were or were not a combat veteran and that the stolen valor act was un constitutional due to the first ammendment right to freedom of speech.
And as long as you werent using the stolen valor to achieve personal gain or defraud the feds then it really didnt apply.
Im pretty sure it was in all the news outlets, I could be wrong but a little research may turn up some more facts on this issue.

historyfishman
08-11-10, 04:40 PM
One judge doesn't make law. The man showed his father's medals as his own, and tried to use this as a stepping stone in education and with his colleges. He even showed his students to gain more "respect". The law will probably go to the Supreme Court, but as far as I am concerned many Marines have died or been injured, protecting the rest of us, so an imposter has no right to say he was there when he wasn't. Not all speech is protected under the first amendment.

Vandrel
08-11-10, 04:43 PM
I'd love for asshats that claim to be Vietnam veterans to get stuffed into a C-17's and shoved out into the jungles of Vietnam for a punishment. If they can survive a month they can come home.

USNAviator
08-11-10, 04:49 PM
One judge doesn't make law. The man showed his father's medals as his own, and tried to use this as a stepping stone in education and with his colleges. He even showed his students to gain more "respect". The law will probably go to the Supreme Court, but as far as I am concerned many Marines have died or been injured, protecting the rest of us, so an imposter has no right to say he was there when he wasn't. Not all speech is protected under the first amendment.

Great job getting involved.

Sadly that ruling by a Federal Judge in Colorado will have negative impact on further prosecution. The attorneys for the accused will use his ruling as an example for why their clients should not be prosecuted.

The DUKE
08-11-10, 04:57 PM
@Fishman, Bro Im not condoning this or agreeing with it, I merely stated the issue for reference because I remember reading your posts several months ago about this imposter, I am on board for any punishment you can muster.
Ill hold the bastich for you, I was shocked at the decision of this judge, let alone any judge in this nation who would say such a thing.
Even to say this is his commentary on the subject, all I can tel you is this judge gave a determination that the poser was protected under the first ammendment of the constitution of the United States of America.
Hey I was there, I know what went on, I lived that shiite, Im as upset as you are, believe me.
I was only commenting on it for others to see what has gone down to date wihtin our very own judicial system.
As far as "tolerance" goes, I can tell you this, if we dont get a grip on this PC crap about tolerance, were going to tolerance ourselves right out of existance, for sure and for certain.
I for one am seriously stimied at the degree to which we as good old Americans have become so thin skinned that we have to monitor ever freaking word or sentence or statement or reference or what not that pass's our lips.
I swear I remember growing up when you could make a pollack joke and even the pollacks would laugh at it.
What the fruvk happend to us, we've become the men of the ninties and we've gotten in touch with our femine side?, wholy shiitte whats next, we start having babies too.
No shiite, I cant believe some of the sensitivity garbage I read and hear about these day.
Im sorry, Im an Old mustang of sorts, I remember when the Corp only wanted MEN to fight a war, and now look where weve gone, Sad so Sad.:-(

William Hardy
08-11-10, 06:25 PM
Good job! Keep the faith.
Semper Fi

advanced
08-25-10, 06:52 AM
I'd love for asshats that claim to be Vietnam veterans to get stuffed into a C-17's and shoved out into the jungles of Vietnam for a punishment. If they can survive a month they can come home.

Maybe we can get the gookers to play the part of the indians again

hbharrison
08-25-10, 09:40 AM
Think you hit the nail on the head with that one Duke. When I retired from LEO work I also stopped being so d*mn PC now I just say it like it should be don't give a rats banana what some politico thinks it is called free speech they can all "Bite Me". Good job Fishman.

Zulu 36
08-25-10, 01:21 PM
Maybe we can get the gookers to play the part of the indians again

Hey, they may have the same attitude about posers as we do. Win-win.

vipere6
08-25-10, 02:24 PM
Great job Fishman I'm with on this.

Simper Fi

Mongoose
08-25-10, 04:05 PM
@Fishman, Bro Im not condoning this or agreeing with it, I merely stated the issue for reference because I remember reading your posts several months ago about this imposter, I am on board for any punishment you can muster.
Ill hold the bastich for you, I was shocked at the decision of this judge, let alone any judge in this nation who would say such a thing.
Even to say this is his commentary on the subject, all I can tel you is this judge gave a determination that the poser was protected under the first ammendment of the constitution of the United States of America.
Hey I was there, I know what went on, I lived that shiite, Im as upset as you are, believe me.
I was only commenting on it for others to see what has gone down to date wihtin our very own judicial system.
As far as "tolerance" goes, I can tell you this, if we dont get a grip on this PC crap about tolerance, were going to tolerance ourselves right out of existance, for sure and for certain.
I for one am seriously stimied at the degree to which we as good old Americans have become so thin skinned that we have to monitor ever freaking word or sentence or statement or reference or what not that pass's our lips.
I swear I remember growing up when you could make a pollack joke and even the pollacks would laugh at it.
What the fruvk happend to us, we've become the men of the ninties and we've gotten in touch with our femine side?, wholy shiitte whats next, we start having babies too.
No shiite, I cant believe some of the sensitivity garbage I read and hear about these day.
Im sorry, Im an Old mustang of sorts, I remember when the Corp only wanted MEN to fight a war, and now look where weve gone, Sad so Sad.:-(
Duke, you took a page right out of my book.

USMC7DG
09-12-10, 03:28 AM
people like that make me sick. thank you for taking action to bring this man to his senses.y'all have worked too hard to have someone like this try to steal your honor.