PDA

View Full Version : back from boot camp

Cement03
09-22-03, 06:13 PM
well im back!! i gradauted from MCRDSD Sept. 19. i feel awesome! choosing to become a Marine is the best decision i have ever made in my life but boot camp was the hardest thing i have ever done as well. i leave for SOI on the 30th and graduate from there on Nov. 24. then its off to a duty station.

Sparrowhawk
09-22-03, 06:28 PM
MARINE

thedrifter
09-22-03, 06:33 PM
Congradulations!!!!! Marine!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Brotherhood/Sisterhood............

So now when do we see your bootcamp pic..:D

You can place in the photo gallery.....;)

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

USMC-FO
09-22-03, 07:04 PM
Welcome aboard MARINE !!

marine5
09-22-03, 09:53 PM
"WELCOME ABOARD"..."MARINE"...
Your Family & Friends, will forever look at you sorta.."Strange"...
They know that there has been "A CHANGE" but they will never figure
out quite what it is....And the "CHANGE IS FOREVER" !!!!
You will look at your old school buddies...and think...boy are they ever
immature...LOL Remember they are your buddies...not "P*SS ANTS"...
LMAO
Like that positive attitude...not if I graduate...but when I graduate...

SEMPER FIDELIS MARINE !!!!

JChristin
09-22-03, 10:10 PM
Hey Brother Marine,

Welcome back - a Marine this time.

Its a good reason to celebrate - the birth of a new Marine.

ooohrah!

Can't wait to hear about your boot stories.

sf
jchristin

Cement03
09-22-03, 11:08 PM
boot stories hahaha i dont even know where to start. we had a kid kill himself on the rifle range about 75yards behind me. that was messed up. i also have alot of DI stories and i would tell them but they are probly members on this site so pm me and i will tell them.

Semper Fi

Simon

JChristin
09-23-03, 01:11 AM
Each of us handles the pressures and stresses of boot differently. Often, the internal stressors overflow the bucket and one's ability to cope ends. I remember one woman who "lost" it the third morning while having to stand at attention on line in front of her rack. We had several other "cut" their wrists, or became "gay" all of a sudden just to get out. There were a few with fractures and other injuries from training - but that couldn't of been help. But you made it and now you're a Marine. That is reason to celebrate. Congratulations Marine!

What was the hardest part of boot and what did you feel was the easiest? What would you tell the poolees to prepare for? I always advise to get a lot of sleep the last few days prior to shipping out.

semper fi,
jchristin

03Infantry
09-23-03, 01:31 AM
Good job devil dog. I graduated a week before you (Charlie Company). See you at SOI.

Cement03
09-25-03, 08:42 AM
i think the hardest part of boot camp is not having anyone real close to you that you can actually talk to ( like your family) physically the hardest part was the hump home after the reaper. all i can tell the poolees is to work on your PT and study the links that this site offers because it gives you some great knowledge to look over.

Caesar Augustus
09-25-03, 08:55 AM
thx man. What was the most fun part :) what part of PT is the most important to be good at?

RoboRobinson17
09-25-03, 03:07 PM
For PT, the most important thing to work on right now would be your pullups, because it takes so long to build up. They will improve your run time, they will improve your crunches. But if you do pullups now and get better, then all it is is polishing the goods....when I say "they", I mean the DI's. But we all know who does the work....they provide the fear and motivation, cause I sure as hell wouldn't tell any DI that I met "No".

Stay Motivated,

Joe

Caesar Augustus
09-25-03, 03:48 PM
The prob is my pullups are decent I get 14. My run is 20 min but my crunches are only 40. I work my abs but can only seem to go up about 5 crunches a week.

Lake0300
09-26-03, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Caesar Augustus
The prob is my pullups are decent I get 14. My run is 20 min but my crunches are only 40. I work my abs but can only seem to go up about 5 crunches a week.

Try this:

Monday- do 5 sets of 30 crunches. It doesnt have to be all at the same time. In fact you should probably spread it out. Do 2 sets in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, and 1 at night. Make sure to drink a lot of water, and eat a lot of foods high in protein.

Wed- do a split IST, in the morning do as many as you can in 1 minute. In the afternoon, do as many as you can in 30 seconds. Just before bed, do as many as you can in 30 seconds. PUSH IT HARD POOLEE!

Fri- do a complete IST, as many as you can do in 2:00. Do it in the afternoon so you're stretched out a little.

Make sure everyday that you workout you're getting plenty of water, plenty of rest, and a lot of protein in your body.

This is my challenge for you - do it without missing a scheduled day for 2 straight weeks. Then report in on your crunches and let us all know how much you've improved! GOODLUCK! MAKE IT HURT! :banana:

Caesar Augustus
09-26-03, 03:17 PM
Now I get up a 4:30 and get to the RS and me and some poolees go to the NASJRB and run 3miles, pushups and sprints and work on our crunches. this morning was rough. MY recruiter runs a 6min mile and he expects us to keep up so we really push it. Then he's like when you have nothing left in you push harder and then when you finish and collapse you know you've given 110%.
Man I'll be glad when I can say that and really mean. That and doing cadance helps

TMM54
09-26-03, 03:54 PM
Congratulations New Marine! Semper Fidelis, Tom

Cement03
09-27-03, 12:55 AM
you make your money doing pull ups but if you can do 100 crunchies thats 100 points right there so it does matter. but i guess for now just work on your pull-ups because they are very important.

CrazyBrave83
09-29-03, 07:28 AM
Congrats Marine! I'll be down at MCRD PI soon!

Fakeluke
10-04-03, 03:56 AM
Oct. 3rd i graduated... heh... time to change my lil icon ..... 'awesome'

Poolee08/09
10-04-03, 12:32 PM
AUG 9 I go to MCRDPI, but congrats Marine, Im sure that feeling you have will never go away!

Wizard
10-04-03, 12:52 PM
Congrats to all of you new Marines, you're the future of the corps.
Whenever you feel that you cannot continue, that you can't give anymore, pull from the very center of your being, and remember Your gun and your ribbons don't make you a Marine, The ability to lead instead of follow, to triumph where others have failed, to swallow your fear and get the job done makes you a Marine.

"your mind is the strongest part of you, where your soul can be taken, you heart can be broken, your body dead to feelings, your mind is the only part of you that can overcome anything, it's powers are limitless, and it drives you, no matter what you have to do, it gets you there and through the storm."
-Katie Crowley

jdh091284
10-13-03, 11:28 AM
Whoa, a fellow F Co. graduate! Wish I'd caught him before he shipped out to SOI.

I graduated with him, and was on the same range as he was when the other recruit decided to end his training early.

For me the hardest part was the very first night there, running on 4 hours sleep and having to stay up for almost 36.

I leave for MCT today. Semper Fi, all!

CplDawson
10-29-03, 02:03 PM
SEMPER FI MARINES

As I sit here at my desk in my civie job, I remember the days of my boot camp, my fears, my horror stories, and my own feeling of accomplishments.

My desk is covered with my Squadron Patches, and my Awards.

But to me all of those pale to the two sheets of paper I keep at my desk, right in front of me.

The First is my Oath of Enlistment and the Second and by far my Favorite is the Marine Corps Hymn. I keep these to remind of the trial by fire, I went through to carve my place in the archives of Marine Corps History.

I will never be remebered as a Dailey, or a Butler, but I have forever earned the very same title they carried....MARINE!

For those of you have gone through your trail by fire welcome and Semper Fi, for those of you who are going best of luck.
If you have the drive the determination and the heart by the time you cross the parade deck on graduation day you will feel the Branding seared into you that is the Eagle, the Globe, and The Anchor.

Remember PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!

It is a honor to call you Marine Brother and Sister. Welcome to the family of the few and the proud. No other branch of service in History will ever accoplish what the Marines have and will continue to do.

Semper FI!:marine:

kmjb
11-10-03, 08:58 PM
:D poolee08/09 ill see you there ;).....I cant wait!