PDA

View Full Version : Questions on being a Diet Recruit\ Height and Weight Standards

AP577
08-09-10, 09:03 PM
So, I want to know If I will be a diet recruit or not when I go to boot camp

I am a backup shipper the 23rd and the 30th Is My for sure date

I currently weigh anywhere around 176-180 During the Day
(Water intake etc)
After a workout generally 174-175

My height is 55" or 5'5" - My max ship weight is 174
So I will be under my weight by the time I ship

When I first walked into the recruiting station I weighed 220 :sick:
I enlisted at 180 pounds and Here I am now

Current IST is:
20 Pull ups
90 Sit ups ( I know I know why don't i get 100)
and 1.5mi run is 10:28 (not sure of 3 mile)

SO what I wanted to know is, say I arrive at mcrd weighing 172-174

Will they still place me as a diet recruit?? My recruiter says maybe maybe not but I want your guys input?

I am hoping to weigh approx 170 Going into boot camp, I think Diet recruit would be good for me ( I still have some pudge left) But I am just curious

Also, Would I be a diet recruit the whole time or?

Rough Hands
08-10-10, 01:17 AM
I can't really answer this question for you, seeing as I haven't been to recruit training yet, and I'm also female, but if you're 5'5", that's 65 inches. Just a heads up. If I were to guess though, I doubt you'll end up as a "diet recruit" considering you'll drop quite a bit of weight during boot camp anyway.

Good Squire
08-10-10, 01:29 AM
AP577, my crap poolee wisdom would advise you to go to the Ask a Marine section of the forums. They'd know much more than we do. I have to say I'm in the same situation as you are, weighing 182 and max weight being 181(I have a little less than a year to ship, but still).

williamstamato
08-11-10, 03:13 AM
Hey bro it wouldnt help but to try to shed more weight before you ship! Look I was in your same situation when I joined. When I became interested in the Marines I was 240 pounds! My max weight is 197. I ended up losing over 40 pounds from March to June!!! I am now 189 and still losing. My advice is this, drop the weight and you will have no worries in your mind about being a Diet recruit. I am planning to leave at 175-170 pound range. Trust me I know for sure I wouldnt want to get on those footprints knowing I could be considered a "fat-body". PM me if you need any tips on diet or excerise!

AP577
08-11-10, 03:24 AM
Thanks, it feels good to be active and in shape now huh? I plan on losing more and have been, I heard being a diet recruit sucks but I wouldn't mind the extra work for the gains from being a diet recruit. Either way Im sure Ill lose weight in boot camp if im not a diet recruit.