PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Carry

topless617
08-09-10, 09:02 PM
Hey fellow poolees.

At pt today, we did a mini CFT, and I suck with the buddy carries because I am so small. I weigh about 103, and I can barely carry someone who is 135. Do you know of any workouts i can do to strengthen my legs? When I go to the gym, I always do the leg press at about 175 pounds and leg extensions, but that doesn't seem to be helping.
Any of you know any good work outs to help me improve?

sparkie
08-09-10, 09:08 PM
Buy 2 concrete blocks. Put em in the yard, Grab 2, carry them to the other side. Put em down. Pick em up. Carry them to the other side of the yard. Repeat,,,,,,,,,, How hard is that? Or buy a $3,000 gym set.........

Rough Hands
08-10-10, 12:19 AM
Squats. 3-4 times a week. If you're a beginner, do them with just a barbell so that you get the form down properly. Then add 5 pounds each workout. Otherwise, add weighted squats into your routine, lift heavy for optimal strength gains, 5 x 5 usually works really well.

Cardboardbox
08-10-10, 06:30 PM
The firemans carry will always make your legs burn no matter what. I'm 128 pounds and I can firemans carry another poolee that is 185 pounds. In my opinion most of it is in the head, but what sparkie said helps out a lot, it's what I do. :)