PDA

View Full Version : 3 weeks till I ship out.

nathanbarber
08-09-10, 08:47 PM
I have 21 days until I am shipped to Parris Island. I am nervous as hell. Every time I think about it, i get butterflies in my stomach and i go on a 3 mile run. I've wanted this since I was in 7th grade and by God nothing is gonna prevent me from earning the Title.

Anyone got any words of advice for me so i don't get discouraged?

sparkie
08-09-10, 08:53 PM
Yea,,,,,,, Keep your socks clean.

BassPro0007
08-10-10, 09:56 AM
When you get nervous, just remember how many millions of people have done it in front of you. They all made it, why cant you?

ScarSniper
08-10-10, 12:15 PM
You know what? Do it for those Who want to make it but can't, because of physical conditions or such...they have the ambition and maybe even what it takes but they'll never make it to Parris Island because they got rejected for whatever reason. I've got a boy who's in that situation, and I myself had a long wait before I finally took my Oath and it was like bringing a dream to reality. Just think about the fact that you've got the opportunity and all you have to do is take it. Don't quit, and remember that the man next to you is just as scared as you are. Stay motivated.

Robbie123
08-10-10, 02:18 PM
We ship the same day.. Parris Island as well. Good luck, and stay motivated.

nathanbarber
08-10-10, 03:59 PM
The only thing I am gonna have problems with is the shots and stuff when you first get there. I hate them. I hate getting shots and getting my blood taken, but I did it at meps and I'll do it again.

Nate2004
08-10-10, 10:07 PM
Just think that first, you are part of 10% of Americans that can even be qualified to join, of that 10% your are part of the 1-3% who try/are joining....THEN think of the VERY SMALL percentage of Americans who are Marines. The quote "The Few, The Proud, The Marines" is not just a slogan, it is truth. Moto for me atleast :)

Cellinheim
08-15-10, 09:02 AM
I have 21 days until I am shipped to Parris Island. I am nervous as hell. Every time I think about it, i get butterflies in my stomach and i go on a 3 mile run. I've wanted this since I was in 7th grade and by God nothing is gonna prevent me from earning the Title.

Anyone got any words of advice for me so i don't get discouraged?

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT BEING DISCOURAGED!:sick:

Rough Hands
08-15-10, 02:30 PM
If you do things right the first time, you'll be a Marine in just three months. You've got only three months standing between you and that Title; now go earn it.

Epiidemik57
08-15-10, 03:05 PM
Good luck mate!

PooleeFornwall
08-16-10, 12:18 AM
So I take it you're shipping on the 30th, then? As am I -- Guess I'll see you there buddy. Good luck, stay motivated and earn that title. Remember this while at boot camp: Nothing can stop you except YOURSELF.

Dustin Griffith
08-17-10, 09:19 AM
I ship the 30th. Is that your date as well?

nathanbarber
08-17-10, 02:28 PM
yup thats the date I'm leaving.

PooleeFornwall
08-18-10, 11:59 AM
Looks like all three of us will see each other there. Can't wait! I'm confident, motivated, nervous and scared all at the same time... such an odd feeling.

MB52
08-18-10, 01:38 PM
Good luck man, don't get discouraged. Don't let anything or anyone get in the way of earning that title.

Robbie123
08-18-10, 01:56 PM
Looks like all three of us will see each other there. Can't wait! I'm confident, motivated, nervous and scared all at the same time... such an odd feeling.

Four actually....I'm shipping the same day, scroll up you'll see my post haha

PooleeFornwall
08-18-10, 02:44 PM
Four actually....I'm shipping the same day, scroll up you'll see my post haha

Ah, my mistake! Glad to have you along, and I'm sure the DI's will be too :evilgrin:

Prwalker
08-18-10, 08:04 PM
Im shipping on the 30th as well. See you there

Dillon
08-18-10, 08:16 PM
The best medicine is not to think about it.