PDA

View Full Version : Question and opinion for other poolees??

berts78
08-09-10, 04:30 AM
hello poolees! sorry ahead of time if this is the wrong place to post this i just would like to know what you guys think?

every 2nd saturday of the month we have a poolee function with 50+ poolees and every thursday we have PT with our recruiter which their is about 10 of us. the deal is i texted my recruiter and asked him if it was the normal time that we had to be there at 06:00 he texted back that i should call him on tuesday and he will let me know then. so im not going to wait and i just called him on sunday and he said that we are doing our poolee function from friday afternoon to saturday afternoon (now keep in mind, if i wouldnt have asked him i wouldnt of found out until thursday for PT) and i was scheduled to work friday night and some other poolees i talked to also have to work and one took it off already and the other refuses bcuz of the lack of communication from our recruiter. So i called my boss and he changed the schedule but got mad bcuz he didnt have a week or 2 week notice.
what would you guys/ladies do about this situation? I have told a few poolees about it but i dont have direct contact with all of them so most of them wont find out until thursday the day before.

-I think its a load of bull (i want to be a Marine so bad but im sure if i was a recruiter i would put alot more effort towards my recruits to make them the best they can be at what they do) on the other hand im excited bcuz i heard we are doing something that no poolees have ever performed before but still...please post your opinion and let me know what you would do or say to your recruiter if he did this?

Nate2004
08-09-10, 04:38 AM
I don't know what to say about the situation, but post what you do that is so important afterwards. :)

berts78
08-09-10, 04:40 AM
I don't know what to say about the situation, but post what you do that is so important afterwards. :)

Thanks Nate2004- I will i wont say much but i know nick who im going to the buddy system with and to boot with will deff say something. ill let yall know what happens. and what we end up doing im pretty confused about the whole situation.

Nate2004
08-09-10, 04:51 AM
Also, I just thought that you shouldn't get so confused/mad at your recruiter, they are also just parts of the machine. Sometimes your recruiter finds out information late, or is also very busy trying to follow leads and confirm appointments. I mean just recently a miss-communication moved my shipdate from dec 20th to August 23rd.... I am in no means mad, just was shocked that it was such a sudden change...That along with the only reason it was moved is that I had said I would be okay with being moved up a bit because my college f'ed me up....

berts78
08-09-10, 05:05 AM
Also, I just thought that you shouldn't get so confused/mad at your recruiter, they are also just parts of the machine. Sometimes your recruiter finds out information late, or is also very busy trying to follow leads and confirm appointments. I mean just recently a miss-communication moved my shipdate from dec 20th to August 23rd.... I am in no means mad, just was shocked that it was such a sudden change...That along with the only reason it was moved is that I had said I would be okay with being moved up a bit because my college f'ed me up....

Nate2004- you know, since you put it that way it makes alot of sense. i wish he would still put a little more effort in telling us bcuz we cant just take off work a day in advanced and the poolee function is mandatory so it makes it worse. im sure half of our poolees wont show up now but what you said makes sense. my ship dates far off so ive been using it as training and it sucks waiting so long but ill deal with it.

BassPro0007
08-10-10, 10:05 AM
I have the same problems. And to make matters worse my boss is a complete D$%&. One thing I have learned though is that any military calling ( like a pool function ) is excused under the Military...

wilsontc11
08-10-10, 12:29 PM
Yeah, this happened at my RSS too. You're joining the Marines though... and the DEP / pool functions are really important, so id go to a pool function over 1 or 2 days of work... they're once a month after all. + The overnight ones are a ton of fun (here atleast), so you definitely dont want to miss them

ScarSniper
08-10-10, 04:56 PM

I wish I was that lucky..From Dec to August? I'd love that sort of mis-communication.

berts78
08-11-10, 12:00 AM
Haha thanks guys. talked with the recruiter today and we are going down friday at 011:45 till saturday sometime and idk exactly what we are doing but i heard its supposed to be really hard and its never been performed by any poolees before so it sounds exciting. he also said something like and IST but we did that last month so this one will prly be intense maybe to the obsticle with full gear and a real gun that would be pretty sweet. ill let you guys/sorry and ladies know.

Cellinheim
08-14-10, 06:48 PM
We have a similar communication isse with our recruiter. Generally, after you have been in the poole a while you will understand what day or days he is going to schedule work outs anyhow and just plan on showing up ahead of time. If they appear to be staggered, get together as a poole and talk to him about it (Do not bite his head off mind you! Speak with him and seek a resolution). Like mentioned above, your recruiter is a very busy person they are not only tending to your needs but the rest of your poole's and the future poolee's as well. It is important on this note that everyone understands that you all are busy as well, and need to have a game plan ahead of time if possible.

As for work, you have a contract with the Marines. There is a law that basically states they cannot do anything to you regarding your military career LEGALLY I am not saying that they will not act retarded and take you off of the schedule, but if they already know about your military commitment then I do not see a problem being like "I gotta take tomorrow off, military stuffs!" If it becomes a problem get your recruiter to print out an excuse form basically saying that he needs you to show up every time. He has them pre-made on his computer. This way you have paperwork saying the military needs you to do something.

berts78
08-15-10, 11:50 PM
haha yea Cellinheim I had him do that once cuz my boss ****ed him and i off it was funny just to shove it in his face. yea all of our poolees have come to know that our recruiter is a little late on just about everything so if he says be here at 11:30 he means like noon haha.

By the way it all went well. Im sure what we did was very much done by other poolees! we went to a national guard base stayed the night and did night watch every hour my partner and i did it at 04:00-05:00 it was ok. then we all woke up at 06:00 and showered etc and had to run singing and everything with about 200+ other poolees and 50+ Marines there it was a blast and then after the run we ate MRE's and then did IST and then events East side against West side. It was a blast if you want to know anything else just let me know.lol.

Dillon
08-20-10, 08:20 PM
-I think its a load of bull (i want to be a Marine so bad but im sure if i was a recruiter i would put alot more effort towards my recruits to make them the best they can be at what they do) on the other hand im excited bcuz i heard we are doing something that no poolees have ever performed before but still...please post your opinion and let me know what you would do or say to your recruiter if he did this?

The Recruiters can only do so much, the responsibility lies at the hands of the poolees, if you only exercise every thursday you might be ready when you get to boot camp, but if you exercise daily, you WILL be ready.

berts78
08-20-10, 11:36 PM
Dillon I exercise everyday believe me bro.

Senior Poolee
08-22-10, 12:26 AM
yea, i find the comms between Rss and Pcs' do not go threw vary well. But my recruiter passes the word as soon as he gets it. And with work, you boss should know you commitment to your country is vary honorable and should be willing to work with short notice changes. I find the marine corps expression semper gumby vary fitting for poolee's, especially the career ones lol.

berts78
08-22-10, 05:00 AM
haha thanks Senior Poolee. Whats that name mean btw jw?

Cellinheim
08-22-10, 06:40 AM
Senior Poolee... I am pointing this out before a Marine gets you for it. FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE! A lot of people here do not take kindly toward it being as empty as it is. They actually read them, trust me.

Senior Poolee
08-22-10, 08:31 AM
Brets78- Because I have been in the DEP a really long time.

Cellinheim- thanks buddy. Will do.
<script type="text/javascript"> <!-- // Main vBulletin Javascript Initialization vBulletin_init(); //--> </script> <!-- temp --> <!-- thread rate --> <!-- thread ratings form here --> <!-- / thread rate -->

berts78
08-22-10, 04:14 PM
haha ok understandable lol.