PDA

View Full Version : Rude Experience/rant

foreverproud
08-09-10, 01:50 AM
Today I went to the Oakland A's and Texas Rangers game ... Several family members were attending, including my elderly aunt and my mom who needed to take a golf cart up to the entrance. I walked...

jdubbya
08-09-10, 02:10 AM
Sadly, the world has it's share of a-holes. Personally, I WOULD have reported this jerk for harassment. Anyone working in a public place who makes disparaging remarks about a patron (who is indirectly paying his wages) needs to keep their mouth shut. This boob was probably a wannabe or some clown who couldn't cut it and got sent home. Like you said, if the guys would have been there he likely wouldn't have said anything. You could still call and report him. I would.

SlingerDun
08-09-10, 05:39 AM
On liberty and wanting to escape the vessel and NAS Alameda, i would occasionally cross into Oakland or over to San Fransisco, Vallejo and even berkeley. Ever alert and not expecting any pleasant encounters, it paid off. Downtown San Diego, Chula Vista, Escondido, Oceanside, San Clemente...same old.

A security guard i stood nightwatch with in 82 was active during and after WWII, Guadalcanal vet. Said that during the war while in southern cal a Marine in uniform could thumb a ride anywhere. Directly after the war he received the middle digit for his efforts