PDA

View Full Version : Poolee and possible pregnancy

Zeke936
08-08-10, 10:20 PM
I'm in the DEP and have about 8 months before I ship. I didn't know that getting a girl pregnant would DQ you. My girlfriend might possibly be pregnant. What are my options if this is the case?

Komenko
08-08-10, 10:27 PM
thats the first I've ever heard of that for a male! I've heard females getting DQ'd for being pregnant, but not for a male to knock up his girlfriend!

Zeke936
08-08-10, 10:28 PM
Thats what I was told last wednesday at MEPS. Possible scare tactic so they don't have to do paperwork?

Komenko
08-08-10, 10:42 PM
Thats what I was told last wednesday at MEPS. Possible scare tactic so they don't have to do paperwork?

don't let them into your personal life then. they don't need to know that. its none of their business. their only business is knowing whether or not if your body is in good physical shape to get through boot. as long as you have no health problems you should be fine.

Zeke936
08-08-10, 10:46 PM
Alright, thanks. If I graduate and then they find out, is there anything they can do?

Komenko
08-08-10, 10:54 PM
Alright, thanks. If I graduate and then they find out, is there anything they can do?

yup. they can make sure your paying child support (depending if its yours), thats all! so I know you might want to take responsablilty for the child but get a DNA test done before you give her a single penny! Cause once you start paying and then find out the child isn't yours, the Courts will still make you pay due to the first check you send her!

Zeke936
08-08-10, 11:00 PM
I understand. So this is basically a scare tactic they are using right? She's probably not pregnant, but i want to know what to do just in case. Just not say anything and take care of it all after boot?

Komenko
08-08-10, 11:07 PM
I understand. So this is basically a scare tactic they are using right? She's probably not pregnant, but i want to know what to do just in case. Just not say anything and take care of it all after boot?

you answered your own question!

Zeke936
08-08-10, 11:18 PM
Sounds good then.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-09-10, 12:07 AM
It's not considered a 'dependent child' until it's BORN, and then you CLAIM it (i.e. enter it into the system as yours). Not trying to be insenstive by using 'it'. Don't take it that way.

And when my SIL was considering enlisting (too many medical issues, DQ'd) he was told the above.

crazymjb
08-09-10, 01:32 PM
Your girlfriend may be pregnant with your child and your biggest concern is whether or not to cite it in the paperwork? First off, if she's expecting when you are supposed to be in boot camp, at the very least I'd move your ship date. I'd also consider putting all your plans with the Marine Corps on hold. A kid is a life changing thing.

Mike

Zeke936
08-09-10, 11:56 PM
Took several tests and they came back negative. Thanks for the advice though.

Wyoming
08-10-10, 12:27 AM
dip

Does
Recruiter's name and rank? Staff Sgt. Chandelle Poole Recruiters phone number? 18123695111 know about all this?

dip x's 2

martinj
08-10-10, 05:55 AM
I'm in the DEP and have about 8 months before I ship. I didn't know that getting a girl pregnant would DQ you. My girlfriend might possibly be pregnant. What are my options if this is the case?

...Just have her accidentally fall down the stairs...

BR34
08-10-10, 05:52 PM
Luckily for you the scare turned out to be negative, because you got a lot of incredibly bad advice from one of the Marines that could have ****ed you in a couple of different ways.