PDA

View Full Version : Magnus Saethre, 97-Year-Old WWII Veteran, Faces Eviction (VIDEO)

jetdawgg
08-08-10, 09:25 PM
How can we help here? Unflipping real:usmc::sick:

A controversial landlord wants to give a 97-year-old World War II veteran the boot from his rent controlled apartment.

Magnus Saethre pays just $63-a-month for his Sunset Park abode, but the apartment's owner, Jack Geula, wants him out of there.

"I will stand up and fight him now," Saethre says. "I'm scared of nothing."

Geula says Saethre's low rent has nothing to do with why he wants to evict the former merchant marine. He maintains it's for the sake of the other tenants in the building.

But this isn't the first time Geula has tried to get rid of tenants in rent controlled apartments.

It's also not the only time a survivor of the carnage of World War II has been ousted.

Back in April, Holocaust survivor Eta Eckstein was forced to leave her Brighton Beach apartment by a different landlord.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/06/magnus-saethre-97-year-ol_n_673188.html

usmc3521
08-08-10, 09:44 PM
well that was one strange ass video, I did how ever think the commercial for the "bagster" was frickin sweet.

seriously though, that guy should be in a nursing home for proper care

Vandrel
08-08-10, 11:11 PM
Yeah, strange video, ****ty situation that kinda erks me but I think what irritated me more was the camera guy snickering while he was filming. I mean, I thought it was partially humerous but not to the point where I would disrespect the man in his face during a situation like this.