PDA

View Full Version : Just Graduated!

tylhodgson
08-08-10, 02:20 PM
Just graduated MCRDSD Fri. Aug 6th. Heading to MCT Tue. Aug 17th.

It was a ****ty 3 months, but it was well worth it in the end.

A couple statistics.

Final PFT:
295 out of 300.
-23 Pull ups
-114 Crunches
-18:50 3 Mile Run

CFT:
298 out of 300.
I don't remember the exact stats, but my Movement to Contact and Ammo Can Lifts were perfect. I missed the Maneuver Under Fire by just a couple of seconds.

Rifle Range:
Expert
314 out of 350.

Got 100% on all parts of the PRAC test, it was easy.

If anyone needs advice or has questions feel free to ask me.

3rd RTBN M Co PLT 3273
PFC Hodgson

Rough Hands
08-08-10, 02:35 PM
Congratulations, Marine!

What's the best advice you can give to anyone shipping out to boot camp?

farina817
08-08-10, 08:35 PM
to the person above me... SPEED VOLUME AND INTENSITY.
you won't even understand until you get there, but move fast at ALL times and always sound off. some recruits just dont understand that concept and how much simpler it makes life on everyone. just remember, when you jack up, your whole platoons jacked up.
oh and label EVERY last thing you own!!!!
save writing letters for sundays, spend your free time during the week to roll your sleeves, practice drill, go over your knowlledge, and square away your trash.
my drill instructors loved when we requested their help during freetime. like if it was the knowlledge D.I. we'd request permission to go over the test (in first phase your gonna take a test- if you study and listen to you're d.i.'s you wont have a problem getting 100%)
if it was our d.i. that loooved drill we'd request permission to take our weapons off the rack and practice poppin sticks.
learn knowlledge now. you should know all your general orders, and at least know e-1 through e-7.

the beginnings gonna suck but once you start getting the hang of everything and get the schedule down, its not bad.
oh - and every little thing you do has a purpose. whether its sitting indian style for 2 hours straight, side stepping at the chowhall, and tight elbows holding your tray, theres a purpose for everything.
good luck

oh and ps..... you're not sneaky. no recruit is sneaky. this isnt your d.i.'s first rodeo (remember they were nasty little recruits before too) and they know every trick you could ever think of. you wont get away with anything, trust me. just remember why your there and stay focused.

farina817
08-08-10, 08:36 PM
oh and i didnt realize you were a female until after i posted that! i was a 4th battalion recruit,too. good luck!!! if you have any questions feel free to message me

MB52
08-09-10, 10:36 AM
Congratulations on becoming a Marine....and kicking ass at bootcamp. What would you say is the hardest part about it?