PDA

View Full Version : Can the Young and Dumb Be Helped?

PFC Hiccup
08-07-10, 08:03 PM
I was discharged from the Corps late 2009 with an RE-4 and JDA1 for &quot;Fraudulent Entry&quot; after 15 months of service. <br />
Someone (a family member) contacted my chain of command and force-fed someone with...

hillbillyjar
08-07-10, 09:18 PM
Son, I don't know if it will actually help you any or not, but...

A good friend was poped for marijuana on a **** test. This was in the early 80's when the Corps was first getting hell bent about such things. He wasn't given a slap or an ass kicking. He was given a BCD.

Before the rest of you get up in arms, yes he was a hooligan, just like me; up and down ranks a few times. He was a good Marine. He smoked a joint and got caught. He deserved to be punished, but a BCD? Get real.

He got it changed to a GD.

Get a local low rent lawyer, one you can afford for a few days. Tell him or her your story. They will ask questions, and get JAG involved. Once they are, thank (and pay) the lawyer and talk with your JAG representative openly.

That's about the best advice I know to give you.

hbharrison
08-07-10, 10:26 PM
The only thing I will say is don't for the low rent lawyer get one that has some idea about the UCMJ see if he can get this so called paper work that says you were in a Hospital if they can not profide it it may not be. Start there then see where it leeds you it is called one step at a time. You have to want this it is not going to be easy.

hillbillyjar
08-08-10, 03:12 AM
That's pretty much what I was getting at Butch. JAG knows the UCMJ inside outside and upside down. By using a low rent lawyer to get the party started, well, same party, just less money out the boys pocket.

NoRemorse
08-08-10, 06:57 AM
This sounds like a lawyer up situation. There's a place on the form that lets you designate who your representation is. I'd get an attorney and have him hash it out before assembling a packet to send to MMER.

hbharrison
08-08-10, 07:33 AM
You right on saving money just need to make shure whoever he gets has some idea about the UCMJ or they can screw things up. Now young man you have the ball in your court if you realy want this go for it and do not give up.

PFC Hiccup
08-08-10, 12:12 PM
I really want to say "thank you" to everyone who took the time to post in this thread. I really appreciate the answers I am getting here and when I have some extra money saved up I'm going to have to start this process.

Got my fingers crossed and my head high. Thank you marines.

EGA1957
08-08-10, 12:45 PM
Little confusing. <br />
<br />
PFC's Profile says he's &quot;still in service&quot; as an E-1, yet he posts he &quot;was discharged...late 2009,&quot; even though he posted Profile in 2010. <br />
<br />
If you google &quot;RE-4 and JDA1&quot;...

PFC Hiccup
08-08-10, 12:59 PM
I haven't bothered to update my profile on this site because I created an account for the sole purpose of seeking possible help. I also originally made a similar post elsewhere with fruitless...

PFC Hiccup
08-08-10, 01:06 PM
Also your profile says you are active, joined in 1957 and hold the current rank of E-1. Just saying, how you gonna call me out on not updating the profile I made yesterday when you've had yours for awhile?

usmc3521
08-08-10, 01:34 PM
You will not get your discharge or re code changed. VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY few people get either changed and when they do it is for mistakes caused in the seperation process by the Marine Corps...