PDA

View Full Version : Moderators

SSgtOfMarines
06-22-02, 05:41 PM
I've come to the conclusion: either everyone is now a moderator, or the moderators are the only ones who post.

btw
who'se gonna moderate the moderators LOL (yes LL and Cas, thats directed to you two)

thedrifter
06-22-02, 05:49 PM
Since our home is only a few days old, this Moderator feels that by posting we can get all members involved in the forums. We try to post topics that everyone will enjoy reading and add their comments to.

We are moderatoring each other, but we have the Big Boss watching us, was told we will have to do pushups, etc if we misbehave LOL

Sempers,

Roger

USMC0311
06-22-02, 05:50 PM
ROGER THAT NON FRIGGIN NCO WTF ??
Semper Fi, Marine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arty101
06-22-02, 06:55 PM
...USMC0311. I earned the chevrons and blood stripe. It just kinda' goes against the grain, being labled "non-nco." Maybe a brother or sister with the power that be, changed mine to reflect my MOS? I had changed mine to read, "0811(Oh-Eight, Rock-Rock)."

thedrifter
06-22-02, 07:01 PM
Arty and Joe, you just have to start making more posts..........
The more posts you make, you get promoted to another level and etc.............

We here at leatherneck want you Marines to enjoy your New Home and get involved with it. The forums are there for you to use them................

Sempers,

Roger

Sixguns
06-22-02, 07:27 PM
Before everyone gets upset, let's all take a deep breath.

The titles are temporary! As Roger indicated, the more posting you do, the closer you are to earning your next promotion. It is a type of incentive to get involved here. Hey, I'm not going to be *****in' when people make SNCO and never wore the chevrons.

Believe me, these titles are better than some that were tested like "shower shoe, "boot," "recruit" or "dumb ass." No wait, that last one was only a title we gave to my favorite female moderator.

We all know what rank you held. You can choose the chevron for your name in your profile and that says it all. These other titles just give an indication of how active you are on this site. So, step back and look at it from that angle.

I know you will find some great threads in the forums that are begging for you to post. Snap to it!

Sixguns

LadyLeatherneck
06-22-02, 09:11 PM
btw
who'se gonna moderate the moderators LOL (yes LL and Cas, thats directed to you two)

What are you talking about?!!! Cas and I are true model
citizens!

Sixguns
06-22-02, 09:16 PM
You two are citizens, but not models. Unless of course you are ready for that photo shoot that SOM was asking about earlier.

Sixguns

USMC0311
06-23-02, 12:47 AM
Active???? same same fullOcrap..Lotta one liner Bull on forums..Like a chat room WTF..get promoted cause U a goofey #&...well U get my Drift...It ain't my house so I guess if I'm gonna play I gotta comply with the RULES

Pull Up and Squat..Welcome 2 Tot Lot!!! ;)

USMC0311
06-23-02, 12:49 AM
P.S. Maggot would B better than non-NCO and any officer ranks..I still have my Pride Marines !!!

Arty101
06-23-02, 08:32 AM
... agree with USMC0311.

Drifter made a point of explaining the rules, and 0311 made the point of showing that if we're here, we gotta follow these rules. Doesn't mean we gotta like 'em. I probably would prefer Jr. Member over Non-NCO, Maggot....well...not sure about maggot. I'm still not some swingin' d*!@ back on the block doin' the ditty bop.

Hey, maybe if we keep complaining about this issue we'll get promoted?

wrbones
06-23-02, 11:38 AM
I prefer maggot myself, but what do I know? LMAO Let's see. Ya got Drifter, shaffer, CAS, LL Sixguns, and I don't know how many more on a committee...What'd ya want? Logic and rational thought? LMAO Where's the camel, anyway? I saw you guys get the specs for the horse! Come on, fess up. Where's the camel?

Sparrowhawk
06-23-02, 11:48 AM
Gosh Darn, just found out camels, like to spit.....

http://www.ucalgary.ca/~dteoh/camelcard.jpeg

<b>Committee meeting

Question; How can you tell which camels are females and which are males..? LMAO</b>

Sparrowhawk
06-23-02, 11:52 AM
Moderator?

Moderator?

Heck I've always thought of myself as a right wing conservative.

Way to the right of Rush Limbaugh and just a little to the left of "GOD", on account he's a bit passionate at times...LOL

http://vietnamdiary.bizland.com/adam7.jpg

wrbones
06-23-02, 12:51 PM
I knew there was a camel involved somewhere! LOL

Shaffer
06-23-02, 08:55 PM
Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen...in no way, shape or form was their any disrespect intended. The titles actually say Non-NCO "MEMBER" and not Non-NCO "MARINE". Rank and status is not important here. It does not matter if you were a Private or if you were the Commandant. If you stood on those yellow footprints and walked that parade deck then this is a home for you. The idea of getting promoted when you reach a certain number of posts is an incentive for people to open up and express their thoughts and to muster with other Marines. However I do understand how some may take offense. With that said I am all ears for any suggestions you may have for "User Titles". You can PM or Email me. Currently you get promoted at 30, 75, 125, 200 and 300 posts. I will be posting a FAQ about user titles once we get this squared away.

As for the moderators...yes there are more moderators than we had before. However these moderators can concentrate on 1 or 2 specific forums whereas our moderators before had to go through each forum. In addition I tried to place moderators within a forum that have something to offer to that particular forum. Many people on this website have much to offer. That is what this website is about, Marines helping Marines.

Semper Fi,

Jerry

CallieJo
06-23-02, 09:04 PM
TY 4 the Heads-Up Marine.. I will adapt ;)

wrbones
06-24-02, 05:38 AM
Just giving ya some crap. Remember to keep it simple for cyber idiots like me!( and the grunts ) LOL;)

Gary
06-24-02, 07:23 AM
knows, you can change the title under your name if you don't like it, just as I have.

Shaffer
06-24-02, 08:34 AM
Actually members do not have the ability to change their "Titles".

Gary, you have that access because you are a moderator. (Now everyone is going to want to be a moderator :) )

wrbones, I know you mean well old salt and I don't take to much personal. Don't feel bad...Sometimes I too have to pull rock of an ID card from my left breast pocket. :D

Semper Fi,

Jerry

Gary
06-24-02, 08:37 AM
thank you for clarifing that point, sorry folks I had the wrong scuttle butt.:)

USMC0311
06-24-02, 01:16 PM
aye aye

Arty101
06-26-02, 10:18 PM
...Why can't I go back to being "0811(oh-eight-rock-rock)." I'm just a simple Marine: Gun Bunny, Cannon Cocker, Gun Rock; no more, no less.

Arty101
06-27-02, 04:51 PM
... to Request Mast?

Shaffer
06-27-02, 05:00 PM
:D

Copy that Arty....Mast is hereby scheduled for... February 30, 2003. :p :p

SF bro!

Jerry

Baker1971
07-30-14, 04:58 PM
Ahhhhh. The good ole days... Just had to dig this one up :thumbup:

Baker1971
08-02-14, 12:06 PM
How come some Marines are called " guests " and " Leatherneck " AND " Devil Dog For Life ?
What's the story with the differant colors ?

How do we get that custom stuff also ?

USMC 2571
08-02-14, 12:37 PM
Good questions, Jimmy, but a very long story, unfortunately.

Old Marine
08-02-14, 03:05 PM
I love it.

Phantom Blooper
08-02-14, 03:38 PM
Those are the ones dat' got perma left....and da' ones dat' sucked azz!You can't be perma banned if they don't delete your file!

Baker1971
08-03-14, 09:03 AM
:thumbup: