PDA

View Full Version : Terminal Lance

Terminal Lance
08-07-10, 01:15 AM
Hello Leatherneck, I'm just trying to gather opinions on my site.

I'm Max, the creator of Terminal Lance. I was just wondering what kind of opinions you guys had on the comic and news posts. I figured I'd ask the large community of Marines here to see what they think.

For those of you unfamiliar with it, check it out at:

http://******************

Hotel4341
08-07-10, 01:22 AM
In before
Fill out your profile

Quinbo
08-07-10, 01:24 AM
Max is gonna kick your ass.

08-07-10, 01:53 AM
I like the comics, I wasn't a grunt but still understand the situations. I was (AM) a terminal Lance, all it took was saying something just a bit sideways to the srong Top on the wrong day (we were probably both hung-over), and hello non-rec for the next round of promotions before cutting score went thru the roof. I like the site (I'm a member, I bet you can figger out which), and the concept, but the LN bashing is pretty juvenile and uncalled-for. BUT, there is a definite generation gap between the predominant age groups of the two sites. I kinda don't like it when dickhead kids bash the, "old fogies," and do the, "herp-derp," routine, but we old farts know the kids aren't going to listen, because we have the benefit of having been on both sides of the fence. We were young boneheads once, hopefully we gained a little maturity, but we still have the Marine mentality, and when some little sh!t starts mouthing off, what do you think's gonna happen? Ahh, fvck it, I'm ready for some rack time, I'm out for now. Kudos for coming here and asking how older Marines feel about the comic, whatever anyone thinks, that took some stones (if you're really Max).

PS If you post stuff in Chesty's Hooch, we can say naughty words and it's a Marine only forum.

Hotel4341
08-07-10, 01:57 AM
Max is gonna kick your ass.

The profile was made right when Max posted on TL that he was making a profile...

SlingerDun
08-07-10, 02:18 AM
Max, dude, i can already hear the clippers buzzing up the Leatherneck high and tights :evilgrin: hahahahaha

I stopped at the Dependamopotumus cause it was souring my root beer float

Terminal Lance
08-07-10, 02:46 AM
Max, dude, i can already hear the clippers buzzing up the Leatherneck high and tights :evilgrin: hahahahaha

I stopped at the Dependamopotumus cause it was souring my root beer float

I firmly believe the High and Tight to be the most atrocious thing anyone can do to a man's hair.

m14ed
08-07-10, 03:07 AM
TL doesnt appear tobe all that bad of a read for us who can.
visitors arent able to view user profiles on TL, unlike here so you can see who or what is posting .
the view system for your cartoon is a pain in the a$$ to view for those of us who are using a string and papercup.
You've got some good squared away people on TL, same as here. Some Dummies, wannabees, trolls, and tarbabies. same as here.
Overall, not a bad site. Same as here. "Aint nothin' Perfect" unless we do it ourself and are happy with it.

I couldnt do as well. Its a hell ofa good job Marine.
SemperFidelis.

egbutler1
08-07-10, 04:41 AM
Dude Max I follow that **** daily! Your work is amazing when you get out to the bay area we got to go bar hopping.

Terminal Lance
08-07-10, 04:43 AM
TL doesnt appear tobe all that bad of a read for us who can.
visitors arent able to view user profiles on TL, unlike here so you can see who or what is posting .
the view system for your cartoon is a pain in the a$$ to view for those of us who are using a string and papercup.
You've got some good squared away people on TL, same as here. Some Dummies, wannabees, trolls, and tarbabies. same as here.
Overall, not a bad site. Same as here. "Aint nothin' Perfect" unless we do it ourself and are happy with it.

I couldnt do as well. Its a hell ofa good job Marine.
SemperFidelis.

Thank you for the kind words.

To address your first paragraph though: I don't think requiring members to fill out personal information is necessary to have them participate in a good discussion.

As for the string and paper cup comment: to be blunt, I have no idea what that means. Sorry.

Supersquishy
08-07-10, 05:17 AM
As for the string and paper cup comment: to be blunt, I have no idea what that means. Sorry.

I believe it means Land Line (slow ass dial up)

Cool Website!!!!!!

Komenko
08-07-10, 05:17 AM
I firmly believe the High and Tight to be the most atrocious thing anyone can do to a man's hair.

no worse than getting a horse shoe!

Garyius
08-07-10, 07:44 AM
I think it is a great idea. A lot of us here are stuck in looking back with pride and we recall the good times and good people. I know 50% of it sucked in some way when I really think about it and dredge up memories.

Your site lets the guys going through the crap now or in the recent past discuss the bad times as much as the good.

viper1833
08-07-10, 08:59 AM
TL rocks bro. SF :D

Vandrel
08-07-10, 09:04 AM
I like the TL site, gives me some good laughs from time to time. Aside from the actual site, it's good to see another Marine putting some tallent to work and creating something that could turn out to be a good business in the future.

Garyius
08-07-10, 09:16 AM
Back when I was in there was some old mustang Marine who had a bunch of books that the old timers would buy and read and laugh about. "Green Side Out" series?

I read one and it wasn't that funny to me, but I was in just as the last of the Vietnam guys were retiring, and the Corps was really starting to shove a stick up its ass and also running 99% of the first termers out.

You could be that guy for 21st century.

stein07
08-07-10, 09:39 AM
Your comics are great. Keep 'em coming!

Vandrel
08-07-10, 10:45 AM
All you'd need to complete the TL site is get the EAS song guy (Tyler Jay)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoxdT2xhra8

08-07-10, 12:21 PM
All you'd need to complete the TL site is get the EAS song guy (Tyler Jay)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoxdT2xhra8

There's at least 2 threads on that at TL. Here's the most recent: http://******************/forum/index.php?topic=269.0 :beer: (http://******************/forum/index.php?topic=269.0) Check out the, "In Soviet Russia," thread!

Crashtrash56
08-07-10, 01:30 PM
Terminal Lance is awesome, I feel like it embodies all those things we would laugh about when I was in the Corps

Sgt Leprechaun
08-07-10, 07:50 PM
I'll throw my 2 cents in....

Generally, I'm a lurker on TL. But I've read EVERY single one of the comics and laughed my azz off at the large majority of 'em.

Now, we've had our 'issues' here with TL trolls coming over and doing some 'net nonsense....but I believe they are resolved, for the most part. I welcome the REAL 'Terminal Lance' to our "family". Don't be afraid to wade in.

WKranz
08-08-10, 02:19 AM
Everyone gets it, but as an 0351, people simply don't know. What I'd give for a score in the 1600s. <br />
<br />
Its dumb math, the smartest guys in the marine corps are given the mos with the highest score....

hillbillyjar
08-08-10, 02:42 AM
I don't even know how to address that.

It's getting harder and harder to find an actual Barber Shop.

Some years back, I went into one of those "salon" things. The boy that was about to cut my hair actually said "What monster did this to you?"

I got up and walked out.

If you're actually concerned about a mans hair, there may be other issues you need to look at.

Terminal Lance
08-08-10, 04:46 AM
I don't even know how to address that.

It's getting harder and harder to find an actual Barber Shop.

Some years back, I went into one of those "salon" things. The boy that was about to cut my hair actually said "What monster did this to you?"

I got up and walked out.

If you're actually concerned about a mans hair, there may be other issues you need to look at.

Well to each his own. I rocked a Medium-Reg my whole enlistment. I never liked the Low-Reg, even though it's "sticking it to the man" in its own little way. The Low-Reg usually just looks bad. Frankly, I'm more concerned with the way I look than with either upholding some bull**** high and tight tradition or rocking the low reg in the face of my higher ups.

To address the troll issue: I'm aware of it. I am not going to take responsibility for what people do with their internet, however. This thread is asking for opinions regarding the strip though, not the forum. I think you'd find the forum is a pretty easy-going group of guys and gals once you get to know them.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-08-10, 04:48 AM
My issue was with miscreants not the forum itself.

And if you look at my profile pic...'swingin with the wing' back in the day, I wasn't exactly a 'high and tight' dude LOL.

That having been said, I couldn't STAND hair that long now. I like a flat top or something.

gungygal48
08-09-10, 07:20 AM
I think TL is exactly what it was intended it to be, a glimpse into the mind of today's young men. No holes barred. If one is looking for touchy, feely, politically correct interaction TL is not the place for you. If you want some real, in your face, raw truth, you'll love TL. Visit TL going in with your mind and eyes wide open and see it for what it is, you might learn something.

WXSgt
08-09-10, 11:40 AM
I myself love the comics they are funny as hell cant wait for more!

thezero
08-09-10, 12:03 PM
Myself and fellow Marines in my class love the comics, and a lot of them are generally related to the whole Corps, especially dealing with the Chucks (having to put phone, wallet, etc in the socks). Keep up the work. Semper Fi.

spotts
08-09-10, 12:14 PM
The TL site is great. The cartoons definitely help me remember some funny times.

MintusMaximus
08-09-10, 12:28 PM
Well bro my shop quotes your comics ALL the time. My personal fave is when we have Chuck Fridays and I'm at the food court.

"Oh hold on let me get my wallet out of my sock because I'm a f*kcin' moron!" lol

A moto 'yuut' from the Marines of 'Marine Forces Europe G-6'. -Probably the rest fo the command too.

ZSKI
08-09-10, 12:41 PM
Great work. Haven't laughed that hard in a while

MeierT
08-11-10, 10:20 PM
I love TL and I really feel for the Marines stuck in that 0351. That's an issue that really needs to be adressed.

Favorites so far are the "Chucks Don't Lie", the wallet in the sock, and the dick on the SSgt's forehead one.

egbutler1
08-11-10, 10:50 PM
I love it, I send people who ask me questions about how Marine Corps life is to your site cause your nail it every time!

Terminal Lance
08-13-10, 11:56 PM
Thank you everyone for the kind words. Does anyone have any suggestions for Terminal Lance?

Quinbo
08-14-10, 12:17 AM
The sketches are great!

Getting up at 0400 to draw your rifle and other crap then sitting on the parade deck eating a bag nasty and waiting for the trucks that finally get there at 10:00 .... the S-4 chief comes out and hustles you around like you are in a freakin hurry all the sudden. Then you ride a total of 5 miles and get off the trucks and go dig a muddy hole and sit in it all day.

Quinbo
08-14-10, 12:24 AM
I have to add ... I was on bag nasty detail a couple times .... tell the cook we are out of bologna .... well then just butter a couple slices of bread and make it look like a sandwich. This apple looks like the worms ate the best part ... screw it toss it in the bag. Then you throw in an egg that has only been boiled for 4 hours and part of the shell has burnt spots on it. Last but not least a half pint of sour milk. Then when you get it it looks like a tank ran over it. Ummmmm yummy LOL

Supersquishy
08-14-10, 04:55 AM
when your stuck at lance for 4 years when an S-4 ****head picks up Cpl less than 12 months being inyour unit.

or that ****bird who gets meritorious promotion nobody likes...lol

erased
08-14-10, 05:23 AM
I love the comics. When I first saw them, I called my wife into the room to point out some of the ones I've thought out-loud in the past (like #48 Airport Soldier Envy or #43 Really, No One Does). I like the forum, too, but haven't had much time to lurk there.