PDA

View Full Version : UFC 117 predictions....

SlingerDun
08-07-10, 01:13 AM
The UFC already used the title "stacked" a few years ago but they should have saved it for this one. There's some scrappy cats in this Saturday's event.

Chael Sonnen was a standout wrestler at U of O and i remember him at West Linn High School and Peninsula Wrestling Club in Portland. He was very determined to come out on top but as a fighter he is a late bloomer.

After being submitted a few times it appears he has learned not to leave any body parts hanging out that can be used as handles. Wrestlers tend to think that when on top, they are the man; but heard tell from reliable sources that fighters with a wrestling foundation work on submission defense extensively over there at Team Quest Gresham. Sonnen's close friend and training partner is a 2000 Olympic Greco Silver Medalist

He knows how to listen to his corner sooo after getting stung a few times, the thought of getting knocked out will be more than he can stand, Chael will close the distance change levels and shoot until he succeeds in getting the game on the ground.

He won't gas out, i don't think Chael will get submitted and will stay busy with the ground and pound until each round is over, Silva's face will look like a bowl of plumbs come Sunday morning with no belt to show for it. If, Sonnen doesn't get poll-axed in the stand game up early on....

Junior dos Santos Knocks Out "Big Country" Roy Nelson

John Fitch defeats Thiago Alves

Johnny Hendricks (2 time Division I National Champion Wrestler) finds a way to defeat Charlie Brenneman

Ricardo Almeida defeats Matt Hughes

Clay Guida and Rafael dos Anjos fight until the octagon sprinkler system turns on and they both are hospitalized with heat exhaustion

Dustin Hazelett over Rick Story.

My predictions just blinked out, that's it for now:nerd:

Quinbo
08-07-10, 01:34 AM
I'm putting my money on Silva .... that dude can't be beat.
I also think hughs has a sporting chance of winning his match. Should be good fights all around.

thediesel713
08-07-10, 05:31 AM
Silva's a counter puncher. Sonnen will get clipped trying to close the distance. 1st rd tko

SlingerDun
08-07-10, 06:36 PM
It's not quite HD big screen plasma chillin with the crew in the cantina drinking beer action, but it's also not $44.99 pay per view....

http://atdhe.net/index.html

Thanks J-Dawg:marine:

Integrity57
08-07-10, 07:00 PM
I would love to see Silva get knocked out but I don't think Sonnen is the man that's going to do it.

SlingerDun
08-07-10, 09:43 PM
"Big Country" Nelson is probably the toughest fat guy you'd never wanna call out

Bdchi1
08-07-10, 10:30 PM
I've Chuck Norris in the 2nd round by classic spinning back-kick.

Seriously, I'm tired of wasting money on Silva fights. I need more entertainment than he gives. Unfortunately, I agree that he will likely win.

Hughes was, is and forever will be a @#$hole. But I'd like to see the salty one win and retire.

Big Country needs to fill out a resume for fry-cook and McDonald's, but every time I bet against that "coronary waiting to happen" he wins (just like Evans). So despite my wishes of seeing him slapped back to his aunt/momma's womb, he'll likely win.

The other fights are of little concern except maybe a heartbeat for Clay Guida...and the "sprinkler system" comment was the funniest and truest words ever spoken about these two cats. These guys have 2.5 hearts each and there won't be a drop left in them.

SlingerDun
08-07-10, 10:39 PM
I've Chuck Norris in the 2nd round by classic spinning back-kickagainst who, Ralph Macchio? oh the heck, it don't matter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERyAXeQZARM

Bdchi1
08-07-10, 11:05 PM
against who, Ralph Macchio? oh the heck, it don't matter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERyAXeQZARM

I thought Chuck was going to fight them all...Lou Gossett Jr. style.:banana:

SlingerDun
08-07-10, 11:27 PM
you all watching Sonnen vs Silva!?

SlingerDun
08-07-10, 11:51 PM
23 minutes of ass whuppin and the slippery fvcker lays in a submissionhttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

Integrity57
08-07-10, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the link Slinger, I'm surprised they went that many rounds but not by the outcome.