PDA

View Full Version : What branch is your son or daughter serving in?

sfthog
08-07-10, 12:38 AM
My son had to join the army and hes a combat engineer in 173rd airborne presently in Afghanistan.

Mongoose
08-07-10, 07:29 AM
My youngest son is in the Navy. I have one grandson in the Army and one in the Air Force

3531marine
08-07-10, 08:24 AM
My oldest son went navy, my youngest went navy he is a cpo career recruiter with 11 years in,he is in Albuqurque,N.M.

Garyius
08-07-10, 08:57 AM
I was an MP for a year in the army over in Germany (long story, boring too). I am assuming he is either PCSed to Europe or will be when the construction gets done.

Vicenza, Italy, when he gets back, kicks a lot of ass. Once he gets or goes in on a car he will be loving life. Venice is an open sewer surrounded by nasty plants kind of like Gary Indiana, but fun once or three times.

Munich is a realistic two day trip, Garmisch for sure. Milan is a day trip. Zurich. Rome is a doable two day trip, but he may have to sleep in the car.

Not quite as good as getting K-town, but he will be way ahead of Bragg or Fort Da Hood

ggyoung
08-07-10, 10:37 AM
I have one son in the US Navy with 10 years and he just shipped for 6 more years. He is at Fallon, NV. with top gun. I have one son in the USMC he has 8 years in. He is at P-Cola as a instructor.

Lynn2
08-07-10, 10:46 AM
"Venice is an open sewer surrounded by nasty plants kind of like Gary"

Hey what could be bad about a place that has Miller Beach? Besides its only the 17th most dangerous city in the US.

2 kids were in. One got out not all that long ago. But he is still in the game----just wears a suit now.

Have no real idea what they do. They live in a world above top secret. So I can only do a lot of guessing.

oldone
08-07-10, 11:16 AM
Twin sons in the Marine Corps. One stationed at K-bay Hawaii with F/2/3 he's a machine gunner. The other is at Parris is. he's an MP/SRT.

Wrench3516
08-07-10, 12:21 PM
:beer: My youngst son has 6 yrs. in the Marine Corps.. He was with DeltaCo. 2nd. LAR in Iraq, He's currently a MCT Instructor at Gyger..OoohRaa!!