PDA

View Full Version : Drill Instructor at MCRD SD

agerry
08-06-10, 03:13 AM
I was just wondering if any Marine knew the Drill Instructor at MCRD SD who has the blue sleeves- the tattoo's. I remember seeing him when I was there but never knew his name(just curious for when I go back). Also if any Marine knows if Drill Instructor Sgt Stricker is still there in PCP. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gerry

viper1833
08-06-10, 08:34 AM
I was just wondering if any Marine knew the Drill Instructor at MCRD SD who has the blue sleeves- the tattoo's. I remember seeing him when I was there but never knew his name(just curious for when I go back). Also if any Marine knows if Drill Instructor Sgt Stricker is still there in PCP. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gerry

Did you get the boot from boot? I'm assuming thats the case since your asking about a DI in PCP

Old Marine
08-06-10, 09:12 AM
You do not really think that you are going to get an answer do you Viper1833?

viper1833
08-06-10, 10:36 AM
You do not really think that you are going to get an answer do you Viper1833?

I was hoping Gunny:D

Old Marine
08-06-10, 02:11 PM
lol Viper1833.

sparkie
08-06-10, 02:18 PM
Viper? Viper? That almost rings a bell..........

Old Marine
08-06-10, 02:46 PM
I thought that the bell only rings when it is your turn to buy Sparkie. I guess that is what I get for thinking.

agerry
08-06-10, 03:51 PM
Yes I will give you the answer. Im pretty ****ed about the situation but I don't care about telling Marines, whether your going to call me a wannabe or a pussy I don't really give a S**t. My CO...

agerry
08-06-10, 03:55 PM
Im not trying to be disrespectful, but Ive gotten alot of crap on here before

SlingerDun
08-06-10, 03:58 PM
How did the "club foot" conditon effect your physical performance up until the point the CO called you out, are you up to snuff with other recruits

agerry
08-06-10, 04:14 PM
my running wasnt bad (not great but not bad). I was going to finish with the 3 mile time of like 22 or 23 minutes. I did 20 pull ups and 110 crunches. And I play alot of sports which MEPS knew. He said he stopped me cuz it looked like there was something wrong, cuz my ankle doesnt move as much as a normal ankle, but i have no problems with it. he thought I was hurt or couldnt run on it. I was running with like 20 other recruits at the same speed. So I guess he felt the need to pick me out of the group

Bdchi1
08-06-10, 04:14 PM
Im not trying to be disrespectful, but Ive gotten alot of crap on here before

Disrespect or not, you are one motivated mutha. Hang in there, because it sounds like they'd give you another shot at boot just to get you to leave everybody alone about it.

I don't know your whole story but I hope you get what you're looking for in the Corps.

agerry
08-06-10, 04:21 PM
Thank you. I appreciate that. Yeah I have a decent amount of high ranking Marines and the Senator backing me up. So I am going to try and re-enlist in October and see how it all goes from there. Major Hodge wants me in ASAP it seems, which is better because Ive gotten my run time down to 20 minutes and I think if I am there I can do perfect. And if all goes well I can get squad leader, finally graduate and be a Marine then do enlisted for 4 years or 5 depending on my MOS and then go to officer school. Have my Associates now and I'll do online to get my BA

viper1833
08-06-10, 06:57 PM
easy killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Yes that does answer my question, a simple yes or no would have sufficed. If it makes you feel better I have a RE-3P from the Corps, granted mine...

agerry
08-06-10, 09:00 PM
Sorry if it came out bad, was just saying. i didnt mean for it to sound bad haha. But thank you

agerry
08-06-10, 09:01 PM
like i said before. on my previous posts, Marines usually gave me alot of crap. So I was being defensive for no reason

viper1833
08-06-10, 10:35 PM
like i said before. on my previous posts, Marines usually gave me alot of crap. So I was being defensive for no reason

No worries, just was trying to grasp the full situation of the matter. Again best of luck :D

Quinbo
08-07-10, 01:20 AM
I'm trying to wrap myself around the idea of someone with a medical condition getting put in pork chop platoon. Additionally I can't recall seeing a whole lot of officers in boot camp. How did it come to be that you were identified by a captain during regular physical conditioning? Was he just standing there watching everyone run and picked you out of the mob?

What really happened?

FattyTheFerret
08-07-10, 01:31 AM
hah I remember Stricker, but he was MRP when I was there

would show me and the guide pics of him with these big ass swords at some kind of medieval reenactments. ****in chain mail and all :cool:

FattyTheFerret
08-07-10, 01:33 AM
I'm trying to wrap myself around the idea of someone with a medical condition getting put in pork chop platoon. Additionally I can't recall seeing a whole lot of officers in boot camp. How did it come to be that you were identified by a captain during regular physical conditioning? Was he just standing there watching everyone run and picked you out of the mob?

What really happened?

for what it's worth, the STC company officers always ran IST/PFTs with the broken recruits that were healed up and trying to get back into training.

DanM
08-07-10, 11:53 AM
It appears you are trying to blame everyone else for doing their job.Your &quot;CO&quot; was required to send you to medical for evaluation. <br />
<br />
You had a waiver that permitted you to enlist,the waiver ended...

Old Marine
08-07-10, 12:04 PM
Never had a CO or seen a CO running with recruit platoons in my 7 years on the grinder. Series Officer, yes, but never the CO.

Seems this kid has a few fantasies.

Hotel4341
08-07-10, 01:03 PM
Never had a CO or seen a CO running with recruit platoons in my 7 years on the grinder. Series Officer, yes, but never the CO.

Seems this kid has a few fantasies.
I think it depends on the company. I had a few officers out with my series when we did any kind of PT. Probably were out there to "make sure" we weren't getting "hazed," or to catch stuff like what the OP is talking about.

Old Marine
08-07-10, 04:17 PM
I think it depends on the company. I had a few officers out with my series when we did any kind of PT. Probably were out there to "make sure" we weren't getting "hazed," or to catch stuff like what the OP is talking about.

Officer's, yes, but not the CO. Do you really think that a Drill Instructor with a brain bigger than a pea would do anything against the SOP if there all of a sudden is an influx of officers lurking about?:evilgrin:

Sgt Leprechaun
08-08-10, 12:48 AM
Hmmmm......odd.

josephd
08-08-10, 06:52 PM
Officer's, yes, but not the CO. Do you really think that a Drill Instructor with a brain bigger than a pea would do anything against the SOP if there all of a sudden is an influx of officers lurking about?:evilgrin:

Actually yes Gunny, I remember specifically our CO running the PFT with us recruits because I finished with it side by side with him.

Beltayn
08-08-10, 06:59 PM
and Im pretty sure the CMC has seen what I have mailed to Marine Corps Command in Washington.

I'm sure he has.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-08-10, 07:12 PM
LOL. I totally missed that. Good catch.

Beltayn
08-08-10, 07:42 PM
MARINE CORPS COMMAND IN WASHINGTON is a serious place where serious matters are discussed.
Not like HQMC Quantico, Virginia, which is party central.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-08-10, 07:46 PM
*Snicker* *Snort*.

Old Marine
08-10-10, 09:28 PM
Actually yes Gunny, I remember specifically our CO running the PFT with us recruits because I finished with it side by side with him.

So you both failed the run portion of the PFT. I have seen Company and Battalion CO's run with the troops, but never at MCRD, SD.

However, if you say it was your CO in Recruit Training, then I guess it had to be. Maybe you were on a first name basis with him also.

I doubt that most recruits would recognize their Company Commander during Boot Camp.:evilgrin:

FattyTheFerret
08-10-10, 09:31 PM
our company commander and series commanders would tour the squad bays once a week and ran regular PT with us pretty regularly

and again, when I was in MRP every company officer ran every PFT every week. they wanted to see for themselves who was actually healed up properly

josephd
08-10-10, 09:59 PM
So you both failed the run portion of the PFT. I have seen Company and Battalion CO's run with the troops, but never at MCRD, SD.

However, if you say it was your CO in Recruit Training, then I guess it had to be. Maybe you were on a first name basis with him also.

I doubt that most recruits would recognize their Company Commander during Boot Camp.:evilgrin:
sure if you consider 21 minutes failing and even if I didn't recognize him I am pretty sure the "CC" on the back of his PT shirt means Company Commander

Old Marine
08-11-10, 09:24 AM
sure if you consider 21 minutes failing and even if I didn't recognize him I am pretty sure the "CC" on the back of his PT shirt means Company Commander

Not to get into a ****ing contest with you, but CC on the back of his PT shirt could mean many things. Maybe this mistery man worked in correctional custody platoon at one time or another. Only the Shadow knows.:evilgrin:

BR34
08-11-10, 11:14 AM
Not to get into a ****ing contest with you, but CC on the back of his PT shirt could mean many things. Maybe this mistery man worked in correctional custody platoon at one time or another. Only the Shadow knows.:evilgrin:

...really? :confused:

Quinbo
08-11-10, 11:32 AM
Generally speaking .... you saw your series commander during barracks walk throughs maybe once or twice a month. The captain and maybe the colonel performed uniform inspections and stuff like that.

Day to day grind you didn't see a whole lot of the officers.

I can't speak about how it works in PCP or MRP .... I wasn't part of the fat body or the broke dick platoon. Maybe there are officers out there every day trying to ensure in their own mind that a recruit is able to continue training.

This one has gone on a tangent. How did the OP end up in MRP or PCP or whatever (he said PCP)? Some captain just randomly picked him out while conducting regular training? I think not!

Sgt Leprechaun
08-11-10, 08:28 PM
Yeah, agree. Done.