PDA

View Full Version : Re-Enlistment Problem

cAs
08-05-10, 09:27 PM
I went up to the Regimental Career Planner today to check on the status of my package. He looks up my SSN on his computer and my package is not showing up. We call up the CP that did my package and he's not seeing it in the system either. It turns out that somehow some way my package never got submitted to HQMC. The Regt CP told me to request mast so try to get my package in. I talked to my OIC and he suggested the same thing. The Battalion Career planner has SgtMaj, MGySgt and the Company CO on his ass right now because my package was misplaced somewhere. What would y'all do in this situation if you were me. There are only 240 boat spaces open for my MOS (0121) and there are 290 packages pending approval from HQMC right now.

hbharrison
08-05-10, 09:31 PM
Stay with the Co keep going keep talking to them just don't loose your cool.

TunTvrnWarrior
08-05-10, 09:38 PM
Be assertive, but professional. If they advised you to "Request Mast", do it. Write down everything, who you talked to, what did/did not happen. Keep a log. Keep a level head.

mcvet57103
08-05-10, 09:41 PM
So request Mast. You only have to discuss your reason with the exact person you request Mast with. Anyone try to threaten or intimidate you into telling them what your Mast is about are subjest to NJP. SF

Bdchi1
08-06-10, 12:21 AM
So request Mast. You only have to discuss your reason with the exact person you request Mast with. Anyone try to threaten or intimidate you into telling them what your Mast is about are subjest to NJP. SF

Everyone is dead on. Don't fear the Reaper. Mast is in place for a reason, and there is no justification for your package being dropped.

Conduct yourself accordingly and maintain your bearings during the process.

S/F and best of luck.

gwamo1
08-06-10, 08:21 AM
240 boat spaces? Nice. My MOS only has 25 packages and as of last week they had 31 packages already haha.

cAs
08-06-10, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the responses everyone. I will wait to see what the Career Planner says when he call and make my decision based off of that. Our new Battalion Commander is coming through the office today and he already got word of the situation so we'll also see what happens with that.

Bdchi1
08-06-10, 09:44 AM
Our new Battalion Commander is coming through the office today and he already got word of the situation so we'll also see what happens with that.

While I wish you the best with the new BC, I would still prepare everything for the Mast (C.Y.A.) and be ready to submit it so you don't lose anymore time than necessary.

cAs
08-06-10, 10:31 AM
I just spoke to SgtMaj over the phone and he informed me that he did everything he could but nothing and that they have failed me. He told me that he would get me into any other MOS that I might be interested in. This is by far the worst experience the Marine Corps has given me thus far.:(

Bdchi1
08-06-10, 10:57 AM
I just spoke to SgtMaj over the phone and he informed me that he did everything he could but nothing and that they have failed me. He told me that he would get me into any other MOS that I might be interested in. This is by far the worst experience the Marine Corps has given me thus far.:(
It took an entire enlistment to achieve one "worst experience"? That's damned good Marine. I shared in your experience when the Bush Sr. was closing bases and dishing out troop reductions in hopes of not raising taxes.

They offered me an 18 month spot in a warehouse in Barstow. That is a lot for a grunt to accept. I EAS'd over it.:thumbdown

TunTvrnWarrior
08-06-10, 11:25 AM
I am not sure about how close you are to picking up SGT, but.... Think about it for a moment... If you can do this, now is the time to look at a billet as a Drill Instructor, Recruiter, or MCT instructor. You can get this out of your way on your career ladder now. Talk to the SGTMAJ, ask him if this is possible (even as a CPL) and you still keep your MOS.

On the other hand, check into what is available when it comes to MOS's in the Corps, but use your brain on this. For example, Air Traffic Controller MOS will get you a solid job in the civilian world.

It has been a while since I have been in. I just want to encourage you to think outside the box for a moment. I know you are p*ss*d. Put that to the side and keep your mind clear.

SGTBrentG
08-06-10, 11:32 AM
When will more spots open up? In the new fiscal year? If so, maybe you could extend until such time more spots open up. The recruiter, drill instructor option sounds like a decent path as well, if you would be able to keep your current MOS.

usmc3521
08-06-10, 12:10 PM
go the DI route/or MCT instructor. That would be sweet. My cousin is at DI school right now, says its hard core!!

TunTvrnWarrior
08-06-10, 12:14 PM
This takes balls, but respectfully request "Consideration" for meritorious promotion in addition to Drill Instructor School or MCT School, or even Recruiters school.

cAs
08-06-10, 01:08 PM
This takes balls, but respectfully request "Consideration" for meritorious promotion in addition to Drill Instructor School or MCT School, or even Recruiters school.
That would take balls, but i've only been a Cpl since May, so I don't think that would fly with most people, if anyone at all, lol. Battalion Commander didn't stick around but the Company CO did. My CWO told her about the situation and she is 100% ****ed with the situation and on board with whatever I want to do

tdrt
08-06-10, 01:19 PM
You have them by the short hairs! Follow the above advice regarding drill field, MCT, etc. Any other "dream" B-billets you can think of? I was 0151 and worked at the Pentagon. Anything in special services? Hell, if this happened to me, I'd be at the stable at Camp Pendleton.

Don't be p!ssed about this! This is a golden opportunity for you -- take full advantage of it!

TunTvrnWarrior
08-06-10, 01:53 PM
There were Corporals that were Drill Instructors when I was in. See if they can make an exception for you.

tdrt
08-06-10, 02:35 PM
There were Corporals that were Drill Instructors when I was in. See if they can make an exception for you.

Two of my DIs were Corporals.

HOWARDROARK3043
08-06-10, 06:14 PM
think about all those times you turned Marines away,,
think about all the times you denied travel claims
think about all the times you didnt process awards,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Im just saying............................................ ..

Bdchi1
08-07-10, 01:11 PM
That's just damned cruel:beer:

cAs
08-10-10, 10:53 AM
I'm pretty squared away when it comes to researching everything for everyone and helping them to the best of my abilities whenever I get someone, Thanks.:thumbup:

TunTvrnWarrior
08-10-10, 10:55 AM
cAs, keep us posted on the progression of your situation.

cAs
08-10-10, 10:56 AM
My package is up with the monitor and awaiting the same screening proccess that everyone else has to go through. My career planner made some calls up to HQMC and explained the situation and got my stuff in like if it was never late. I didn't have to request mast or anything.

probably because the Battalion CO and SgtMaj were already on their asses about it.

hbharrison
08-10-10, 10:59 AM
:thumbup:

brian0351
08-10-10, 11:07 AM
MSG SCHOOL!

You'll have to extend in order to apply...so then once the extension comes around you'll be able to re-enlist.

cAs
08-10-10, 11:08 AM
MSG SCHOOL!

You'll have to extend in order to apply...so then once the extension comes around you'll be able to re-enlist.
I'm married with a kid. I do plan on doing MSG school if I get to SSgt though

MeierT
08-11-10, 10:16 PM
I didn't see any DIs that were Corporals, but there were a few CIs that were.

Quinbo
08-12-10, 04:44 AM
I've known some squared away 0151's

Had a sergeant walk in my office one day and say you forgot something. Laid a sheet of paper on my desk face down then left. Ya see what I had forgot was that my page 11 was actually 2 pages long and I forgot to accidentally lose the second page ;)

He never said another word about it and neither did I. Next day my SRB contained a pristine clean no entrys P. 11

They aint all bad.

DrZ
08-12-10, 07:15 AM
If they resubmit your package....they can extend you for the 'convenience of the government' or whatever they call it now. This will give them time to regenerate your package as well as give you some additional time to review your options. If they CANNOT provide you with your current MOS or one you are interested in.... you have the option to say that is it. I am going to take my blocks and go home.

Talk to your CO and CWO...sounds like you have some support going on there.

Good luck.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-13-10, 12:33 AM
Outstanding. The system, while it had a hiccup, does work. Exactly as it's supposed to.

Now, I'd suggest a lateral move, unless you really, really LOVE your job. If you do, then gut it out and go from there.

IF you are interested in a lat move, as someone else said, you got 'em by the short hairs for sure. CounterIntelligence, Intelligence, or davmn near anything else you might want is yours. (As long as you qualify).

Few Marines ever get a shot like this....so choose your options wisely.