PDA

View Full Version : Quantico

Blutic
08-04-10, 10:28 PM
What do you like and dislike about Quantico?

thewookie
08-04-10, 10:57 PM
Disliked the MP's.

Liked the 1,000 yard line, but it ate me up.

josephd
08-05-10, 01:31 AM
only been there a few times but it seemed to me everyone there, officer and enlisted, all seemed to be OFP. The museum is awesome though.

gwamo1
08-05-10, 08:11 AM
Quantico is a good base. A lot of people ***** about it, I don't see why. Everyone always says it's a bunch of officers but I don't see any more than average. Unless you go to TBS or over to OCS you don't see many. Everyone seems to be relaxed for the most part, like the poster above me said, everyone seems to have that OFP outlook. Over all, it's a good base with plenty to offer.

temarti
08-05-10, 09:36 AM
there is nothing wrong with Quantico, like said above, the only dislike would be the afternoon traffic to get off base. They did add three lights under 95 at the back gate which jacks up traffic in the afternoon. The traffic coming from TBS, FBI and DEA have it worst now.

Quinbo
08-05-10, 09:43 AM
Quantico is where carreers go to die.
Away from base there is tons to do and see. I enjoyed my time there.

hussaf
08-05-10, 09:45 AM
Its going to get a lot busier there...many elements are moving that way from the Balt./Wash area for some reason.

Skosh59
08-05-10, 04:01 PM
Exscellent place if you can cope with the off base traffic. I lived just outside of the base for about 25years & luved it. Use to fish & hunt there and I have family burried at Quantico cementary.

The only dislike I had at the the time was the FBI training, they would pull you over in a heart beat just to practice/train. Watch out for those black sedans... :cool:

Marine1955
08-06-10, 07:16 AM
Excellent place if you can cope with the off base traffic. I lived just outside of the base for about 25years & luved it. Use to fish & hunt there and I have family burried at Quantico cementary.

The only dislike I had at the the time was the FBI training, they would pull you over in a heart beat just to practice/train. Watch out for those black sedans... :cool:
Loved that Place !! Fredricksburg was fun with the all girl collage ,would have parties there on the weekends .Plus we drove the Candidate from O.C.S. to Little Creek. We would give them Chit just like they gave us after they Graduated. That was My Favorite Base !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FistFu68
08-06-10, 07:48 AM
:usmc: Loved it from duty at the Main Gate too being in the Red Line Brig(lol) no chit...Used to Love busting up the Riots in Casual Co.and Busting Heads while on Riot Duty...Route 1 and a place called Hillbilly Heaven...I guess Liberty was my worst enemy...I broke the Base record for being busted from Cpl. to Pfc...that still hold's till this day...I used too Nail more FBI.Puss than J Edgar Hoover.Quantico was Tits...S/F That :beer: :iwo:

gwamo1
08-06-10, 08:40 AM
Also people feel the need to drive 10-20 MPH under the posted speed limit. ****es me off.

Marine1955
08-06-10, 08:42 AM
I remember out at the little lake they had by the F.B.I. academy I nail a one out there, I had night watch on the lake and she had a fight with her boy friend cause he wouldn't go out with her. I guess she needed some fun so we went and put one of the boats in the water a went for a ride and she was very appreciated for that in more ways than one..what a nice time I had there.