PDA

View Full Version : Injury after bootcamp question

franksg99
08-04-10, 09:57 PM
My question is what would happen if you were to injure yourself after bootcamp either in MOS school or wherever you happen to be stationed.
Like say you were lifting weights and you tear something or you get injured during PT? Thanks Marines.

josephd
08-04-10, 11:50 PM
It would all depend on the severity of the injury. While at boot, SOI, or MOS school you would be put on hold from training while you get fixed and heal. If the injury is severe enough with permanent disability you may be processed out.

Moderboater
08-05-10, 01:44 AM
Now brothers/sisters correct me if i'm wrong..but I know if your doing something stupid like drinking and driving and hurt yourself, they can stuff you in the brig for "destroying government property"..something like that.

Quinbo
08-05-10, 03:28 AM
Ask Achped
He was contract infantry and damaged his ankle in training. They stuck his ass in supply and he served a bitter 4 years in hell.

BR34
08-05-10, 05:41 AM
I think Achped is still in, and judging by how low the cutting scores are for his MOS I'd bet he's a Sgt by now.

TazMatt
08-05-10, 08:18 AM
Serving in supply is not hell,it is a good field for promotion and not hard work at all.I spent 6 years in supply and enjoyed every minute of it.

Phantom Blooper
08-05-10, 08:27 AM
I have known drunk Marines that did bodily harm to others or themselves that after medical treatment they were released from the hospital and placed in civilian or military custody....Then a "Line of...

Quinbo
08-05-10, 09:55 AM
Serving in supply is not hell,it is a good field for promotion and not hard work at all.I spent 6 years in supply and enjoyed every minute of it.

The point was lost in the sauce. That lad lost his contracted MOS due to injury. He didn't want to be supply and didn't ask to be supply.

Personal annecdote .... I broke my arm pretty bad in training and all that happened was I had to wear a caste until it was healed then back to work I went. The time while wearing the caste I was the chow hall monitor and crap like that.

franksg99
08-05-10, 12:04 PM
So basically it comes down to how severe of an injury and how/when the injury occured. Thank you Marines for all your replies.