PDA

View Full Version : A Wannabe Seeking Advice For High Spirits

bwren
08-04-10, 04:25 AM
Just when I finally start feeling like I am not as old as I thought I was my local recruiter has to go and tell me I'm too old. Short story is I am currently 28 which wouldn't be a disqualifying factor completely but my local recruited said I would have to be DEPd prior to my 29th birthday but that isn't able to happen. After a very lengthy discussion, (I am not good with disappointment.) he suggested that I enlist in another branch for 2 years and then seek enlistment again since the age requirement would be 32 once I have prior service so I would be 31 upon enlistment.

I am seriously looking into the Army at the moment and have to make a decision very quickly. I should have enlisted years ago and really don't want this to be a regret to look back on in 20 years.

All of that said...

Are there any words of wisdom that you could share with me? I am trying very hard to keep my spirits up about the whole deal but becoming a Marine would be the biggest accomplishment I could ever think of achieving.

Thanks,

Zulu 36
08-04-10, 11:35 AM
You may have to follow the recruiter's advice. There was a time you could get an age waiver for a few months overage, but no more. The Corps is overstaffed and waivers of any sort of anyone are rare and far between these days.