PDA

View Full Version : Furthering Education

dizark
08-04-10, 01:06 AM
I'm interested in taking a class here and there while in the Marine Corps. I currently have my Associates Degree from a community college from where I lived. I wanted to know if anyone here can recommend a good college that offers online classes. I know some guys from my station in Hawaii are going to Hawaii Pacific University, but I've been looking at starting out my transfer at AMU (American Military University) and then when I get out of the Corps, finishing up at a renowned college like Penn State, etc.

I know Penn State offers an online campus, but highly doubt they're flexible with Marines on deployment, like AMU. I'm weary of Phoenix online as well.

What have you fellow Marines experienced with this?

Semper Fi

josephd
08-04-10, 01:15 AM
I don't have any experience with any online schools but I will give you a small piece of advice. Be sure to have a degree in mind while taking classes, where for sure you may want to finish school at, and what they accept for transfer credits.

Most state schools will not accept a lot of credits from any type of online schools like University of Phoenix. Credits that get transferred in need to be from another state school or from a CC/JC in the state/region.