PDA

View Full Version : Are we authorized to wear olive green undershirt and all purpose trunks

Popsicles89
08-03-10, 10:07 PM
For PT off base

hussaf
08-03-10, 10:51 PM
I've done it but I think its real gay.

viper1833
08-03-10, 11:16 PM
If your going to PT on your own, off base, or on base. Pony up the money, for some good PT gear, and running shoes. Please tell me your still not using the Gofasters they issued you in boot camp. :D:beer: Nothing screams boot more than skivie shirt, boot camp shorts (Get the silk ones), and Green Gofasters. :D

hussaf
08-04-10, 12:59 AM
Hmm, not sure how someone can tell you have bootcamp issued shoes...mine were just regular New Balances, if memory serves. I know other people got/get other brands, though.

gwamo1
08-04-10, 08:01 AM
I'm wearing silkies right now....

hussaf
08-04-10, 09:20 AM
sexy...lol

WXSgt
08-04-10, 10:14 AM
ive always been told to treat it as cammies so no you can not but i have no reference aside from green on green is not for leave or liberty which would be pting off base after hours

foxman
08-04-10, 10:19 AM
No Marine ever took a Hill in Shorts and Tennies. PT in Utes and Boots

viper1833
08-04-10, 10:28 AM
Hmm, not sure how someone can tell you have bootcamp issued shoes...mine were just regular New Balances, if memory serves. I know other people got/get other brands, though.

When I went to boot in July 2001 the Marine Corps was on a kick where they issued everyone Camo Running Shoes, not sure if they do any more I suppose. Hmmm. Anyone else remember the green camo go fasters:D

hussaf
08-04-10, 11:02 AM
When I went to boot in July 2001 the Marine Corps was on a kick where they issued everyone Camo Running Shoes, not sure if they do any more I suppose. Hmmm. Anyone else remember the green camo go fasters:D

LOL, wow that is super hardcore gay! I love how they f-u over at BC...."Oh, you like those green shirts that you pay for? Well mark em up with your name/number so they are unserviceable in the fleet! You like running shoes boy? Well here's some camo ones you'd be too embarrassed to wear once you get out!" Bastards! Anyway, I was in BC in 2001 and luckily I just got normal shoes...

Popsicles89
08-04-10, 11:32 AM
If your going to PT on your own, off base, or on base. Pony up the money, for some good PT gear, and running shoes. Please tell me your still not using the Gofasters they issued you in boot camp. :D:beer: Nothing screams boot more than skivie shirt, boot camp shorts (Get the silk ones), and Green Gofasters. :D

Well my go fasters are still relatively new since my MCT Instructors forced me to buy some. I bought stacks of the shorts at $11 a piece in boot camp not to mention tactically acquiring a few in boot camp as well, i think its just a waste if i go buy good PT gear.

Popsicles89
08-04-10, 11:41 AM
ive always been told to treat it as cammies so no you can not but i have no reference aside from green on green is not for leave or liberty which would be pting off base after hours

Oh i see well that makes sense i guess.

Ronald Nalikak
08-04-10, 12:08 PM
What happened to running in combat boots, the grey sweatshirt, and olive drab trousers with boot bands?

FPM
08-04-10, 12:20 PM
"What happened to running in combat boots, the grey sweatshirt, and olive drab trousers with boot bands? "

I agree (not saying it's hardcore or anything) because as times change so does everything else. During my time in it was Boots & Utes. I wonder how many Marines developed Foot problems due to running 3 miles in the sand & Surf during a IT session?

:flag:

Covey_Rider
08-04-10, 07:16 PM
We still PT in boot and utes where I'm at. I think the issue now within the Marine Corps is that a lot of Marines are developing knee problems over an extended period of time from running in boots and utes. A lot of units will run longer/faster as an alternative to running in boots and utes. But yeah, apparently studies were conducted and running like that just destroys your body over time.

hussaf
08-05-10, 12:07 AM
CFT has a boots and utes run...should be more. FMF guys run in boots and utes every once in awhile, however, I discovered back in 2003 that you need no-**** base CO permission to have a boots and utes run. Not sure how true that is, but thats what was being passed on New River.

Danny C Smith
08-05-10, 03:52 PM
We always did pt boots n utes when it was hot as hell.
Then silkies and green T with runnin shoes when it was freezing.
I guess go-fasters hadn't been invented yet. Never heard that.
Well not always, just when the boss was feeling sadistic.:thumbup:
Which was dang near always lol.