PDA

View Full Version : Army command SGt Major LIES about his Marine service

Garyius
08-03-10, 12:26 PM
An army CSM appears to have misremembered his Marine service. He thought he had been infantry and force recon, with 30+ jumps and one combat jump into Grenada. <br />
<br />
Turns out he really was a warehouse...

Lynn2
08-03-10, 02:59 PM
“According to his official military personnel file, he was not a 0311 (rifleman),”'

Well I read on this very forum not more than 2 days ago that every Marine was an 0311 first and foremost.

spotts
08-03-10, 05:07 PM
Every Marine may be a riflman but only the best can be Grunts..... I hope they bust him to Private and boot him out.

Lynn2
08-03-10, 05:17 PM
Well wanabees were told on this forum that everyone was first and foremost an 0311 not that everyone was a rifleman first.

Maybe the SgtMaj was just as confused as these kids may be when they read that?

hbharrison
08-03-10, 05:22 PM
I was always told that every Marine carries the 0311 MOS until they go to MOS school then that is change to the MOS that they went to school for all those going for Grunt keep the MOS 03XX. But in any case this gentleman needs his azz kicked out and reduced to PVT. To coin one "What a Jackwagon"

Lynn2
08-03-10, 05:28 PM
"I was always told that every Marine carries the 0311 MOS"

So you are saying that in every Marines SRB, it will at one time show, they are all an 0311?

And if this is true then the SgtMaj was in fact an 0311 at one time? Despite never having gone through infantry training?

SlingerDun
08-03-10, 05:29 PM
I was told at ITS that every Marine is a rifleman, 0311 is your MOS, your MOS is
Infantry Rifleman, got it!?

Lynn2
08-03-10, 05:32 PM
I was told at ITS that every Marine is a rifleman, 0311 is your MOS, your MOS is
Infantry Rifleman, got it!?

So you are saying that in fact every Marine is or at one time was an 0311?

Or are you saying something else?

TazMatt
08-03-10, 05:51 PM
I was not 0311 I was 3000 field to start with and advanced to 3051 after school.

Lynn2
08-03-10, 05:54 PM
I was not 0311 I was 3000 field to start with and advanced to 3051 after school.

The wanabee was told in the AskMarine Forum that EVERY Marine is first and foremost an 0311.

I would have bet $1000 that this was wrong. Heck I would have bet $10,000.

I am not asking about those in the 03 field.

Kegler300
08-03-10, 05:59 PM
Every Marine is a basic rifleman based on the training they receive at recruit training and MCT, but not all are an 0311 by MOS. Many Marine support personnel are assigned to infantry units, but they don't acquire the 03 MOS.

Job Description: The riflemen employ the M16A2 service rifle, the M203 grenade launcher and the squad automatic weapon (SAW). Riflemen are the primary scouts, assault troops, and close combat forces available to the MAGTF. They are the foundation of the Marine infantry organization, and as such are the nucleus of the fire team in the rifle squad, the scout team in the LAR squad, scout snipers in the infantry battalion, and reconnaissance or assault team in the reconnaissance units. Noncommissioned officers are assigned as fire team leaders, scout team leaders, rifle squad leaders, or rifle platoon guides.

No where in that job description do you see administrative or personnel clerk, disbursing clerk, supply clerk, pilot, flight crew member, tanker, etc., all of whom provide support to the infantry, the backbone of the Marine Corps.

Lynn2
08-03-10, 06:10 PM
"Every Marine is a basic rifleman based on the training they receive at recruit training and MCT, but not all are an 0311 by MOS."

Exactly what I thought.

Maybe we should stop telling the wannabes this below then:

"ALL Marines are ground pounding 0311 first and foremost."

Wyoming
08-03-10, 06:33 PM
Hmmm, after boot, I went to ITR. Infantry Training Regiment, at Pendleton. From there, a few days off, then to LTA. <br />
<br />
I have ALWAYS understood that Marines, not wearing patches or badges, signifying...

TazMatt
08-03-10, 07:17 PM
I am sure that reverse is true also some grunts are assigned to work in the mess hall,supply or anywhere else they are needed all at the need of the Corps,no matter what MOS.I would not have made it per se as a rifleman because believe it or not I had one of the lowest scores on the rifle range and would have done more good throwing rocks or whatever and hitting something rather than hitting them while shooting.Thus the warehouse job because someone had to issue out the equipment.

Beltayn
08-03-10, 09:32 PM
Crump attended Marine courses at the Army Transportation and Aviation Logistics Schools, Fort Eustis, Va., from January to March 1984, and worked in a supply company of the 4th Supply Battalion, 4th Force Service Support Group, in Raleigh, N.C., until he left the Marines for the Army in May 1986.

Sigh

ARTYPIG
08-03-10, 10:54 PM
Lynn2,

You are an idiot. The motto says "Every Marine a Rifleman", not Every Marine an Infantryman. Quit trying to stir the pot and look at things other than what they are. Maybe you need to go back to Boot Camp and listen to what you are told instead of making crap up as you go along.

firedog974
08-04-10, 12:03 AM
Lynn2,

You are an idiot. The motto says "Every Marine a Rifleman", not Every Marine an Infantryman. Quit trying to stir the pot and look at things other than what they are. Maybe you need to go back to Boot Camp and listen to what you are told instead of making crap up as you go along.

Arty, Lynn is not a Marine, but a Corpsman. And it does seem like he really enjoys stirring up bull****.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-04-10, 01:22 AM
Agree. I don't normally pile on but this one is a 'bingo'. Yes, EVERY Marine is a 'rifleman first' but that doesn't mean you carry the MOS. Common freakin sense tells you that. And considering I went...

Quinbo
08-04-10, 01:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whG709cszo4

Unless I'm mistaken you are a 9900 until you complete your MOS school. MCT does not qualify you as 03 anything.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-04-10, 01:56 AM
Some of his hokey azzed bio is just hilarious and if some dork posted this crap here we'd have had them called out and extraced via black helo in about a heartbeat:

"I said hello to the United States Marine Corps (USMC), Infantry and Advanced Infantry School. Upon graduation from these schools, I found myself shaking the commandants’ hand as a graduate in the top 10 percent. I then learned of yet another Marine Corps opportunity to excel."

Really? Hell, I must have missed that high speed 'Advanced Infantry' school after ITS. Oh, that's right, I wasn't in the 'top 10'. Funny we never saw the Commandant himself! Wow, he took time out of his busy schedule to come to Lejuene to shake the hands of a bunch of Privates who just graduated from ITS. He must have had a slow week or something.

First Deployment

The top 10 percent move on to attend the USMC Reconnaissance and Army Ranger Schools.

No shivt?? Man, that's impressive. So they just get selected and sent to Recon then Ranger, huh? I guess that's so they can shake the Commandants hand again or something.

Almost one year later, I reported to my unit. During our in brief the commander and CSM informed us we had just received orders to deploy to Beirut. It seems our Marine brethren in Beirut had been victim to terrorism while doing their duties in that country.

I think he stole this from HBR. What unit did you report to? And I wasn't aware that the Marine Corps even HAD "CSM"'s. Guy must have been on detached duty or something.

And bad news you idiot, the 22nd MAU was ALREADY underway. Your happy AZZ would have been on the beach. No doubt doing other high speed things I'm sure. But on the beach nonetheless.

Our mission would be a standard Marine one. Dock operations, loading up sea bags and individual small arms on an USS carrier.
Hey, Recon Marines....is THIS YOUR MISSION? I didn't know you guys "loaded up seabags". I always thought you were high speed and all. Now I know the REAL story. You spent your deployment "Loading seabags on a USS carrier". I can just imagine it now, bunch of Dual cool Recon Marines loading seabags saying "I went to Ranger school for THIS Sheet?"

I'll have to ask my friend from 4th Force how many seabags he loaded.

Aboard the "USS Carrier".

Patrolling operations on the ship ensure ship safety and a few offshore maneuver drills.
Huh? Ship patrollling operations? Maneuver drills? The USS Carrier must be one of them 'secret spy ships' I always hear about.

Once we arrive in Lebanon waters, we would board our rotor wings, conduct air assault operations over designed areas, land and switch to a peacekeeping force to regain order to different sectors of the country; simple right?

Um, if you say so skippy. Rotor wings? Are those anything like 'water wings'??? Oh, wait they are Recon so they must be higher speed than THAT. Probably got 'em out of those seabags. Conducting Air Assault operations, with Rotor Wings, in different sections of the country. Yep, those are recon missions if ever I've heard 'em.

Gunny Highway would be proud I'm sure.

Suddenly over the loud speaker I hear, “all hands, all hands, all hands, down below on the mess dock”.

Mess dock. Got it. Because of course, everyone knows that you muster on the 'mess dock'. Not the pier, or the Well deck. No no no. This is the High speed low drag "USS Carrier" by golly, and we muster on the davmn MESS DOCK.

It seems some bad people were doing bad things in and little vacation paradise known as Grenada and the good people their needed the assistance of a few good men and women. Just as I learned after Basic Training, the only changes that are for sure are constant changes.

So naturally, the USS Carrier, with the High Speed seabag loading Recon Team aboard, does an about face off the coast of Lebanon and jet-skis across the Atlantic to Grenada. Yep. Gotta be flexible in seabag Recon team lads. (POOLIES! ARE YOU TAKING NOTES HERE?). I guess those Rotor Wings came in handy to fly the USS Carrier all the way to Grenada.

I realize this was just a hilarious read, and an chance for me to destroy some idiot....but it might be useful for future poser hunters. Note the complete lack of detail, except general information, and the details provided can be 'sort of' checked and verified....but not really? The lack of knowledge of naval terminology, etc.

Last bit...here is all the fake svhit this guy claimed:

(Courtesy of Stars and Stripes).

Command Sgt. Maj. Stoney N. Crump is accused of falsely claiming the following:
AWARDS
• Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with Arrowhead Device
• U.S. Navy Achievement Medal
• Meritorious Unit Citation
• Army Superior Award
• Presidential Unit Citation
• U.S. Marine Corps Drill Instructor Ribbon
• Senior Aviation Badge
• Senior Parachutist Badge
• Two overseas service bars
• Two overseas service bars
• Three overseas service bars

SCHOOLS
• Reconnaissance School
• Sniper School
• Drill Sergeant Course
• U.S. Army Ranger School
• Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course
• Special Forces Airborne School
• Special Forces Jungle Warfare Course
• Panamanian Jungle School
• Special Operations Combat Medic Course
• Flight Standardization Course.

In his Walter Reed and Heidelberg bios, he also claimed to be awarded the U.S. Marine Corps Combat Action Ribbon and that he was a registered nurse. In his Heidelberg bio, he claimed he was awarded the Overseas Service Ribbon and the Air Crew Member Badge.

Garyius
08-04-10, 07:11 AM
Hey, who edited my thread title?

I don't want to **** off CSM Crump, he is one of the 100 greatest black enlisted ever to serve in the army...

I just thought of something. Don't they send a few Marine SgtMaj selectees to the army CSM school? Why didn't one of them speak up when this guy was BSing?

USNAviator
08-04-10, 07:32 AM
"Command Sgt. Maj. Stoney N. Crump is accused of falsely claiming the following:"

Wasn't there a character in that epic movie "Heartbreak Ridge" named Stoney Jackson??

Just asking because his bio seems to come right out of a Hollywood script

What amazes me is that no one, in all those years, bothered to check on the facts

Lynn2
08-04-10, 08:16 AM
What is my point?

You cannot jump on the SgtMaj for claiming he was an 0311 when he was not if Marines here who were not infantry are claiming they were in fact 0311.

Nor if they tell wannabes that ALL Marines will be 0311's.

I have seen so many non-Infantry Marines claim they were an 0311 by fact that they were a Marine that anyone could be confused.

Clean up your own house before you start jumping on those in articles that have made the same claim as those here.

Now that should be clear even for Marines to understand.

kenrobg30
08-04-10, 08:59 AM
Lynn2, the only point you have is the one that starts at the top of your ears, and just goes on up.
My question is, how many MOS's can you carry, at the same time ? I never carried more than one at a time, and I still qualified with the M-1 . Ken

Quinbo
08-04-10, 09:03 AM
equals ..... I was a corpsman with recon therefor I was in recon.

Lynn2
08-04-10, 09:08 AM
I have no idea how many MOS Marines can carry. I honestly thought it was more than one.

But in fact I have seen so many non-infantry Marines claim they were 0311's that I was confused. Especially since they were never seemed to be corrected by other Marines.

Maybe you do not think that claiming an MOS you had not earned is not a big deal?

I think it is.

But I also think that breaking bad on some Army SgtMaj in some article is bush league when you do not correct your fellow Marines here on this forum that make the exact same claim.

And once you lie about that first MOS that you did not earn then lying about the 0321 also is not that big a deal. Just one more mis-spoke.

firedog974
08-04-10, 11:25 AM
I have no idea how many MOS Marines can carry. I honestly thought it was more than one.

But in fact I have seen so many non-infantry Marines claim they were 0311's that I was confused. Especially since they were never seemed to be corrected by other Marines.

Maybe you do not think that claiming an MOS you had not earned is not a big deal?

I think it is.

But I also think that breaking bad on some Army SgtMaj in some article is bush league when you do not correct your fellow Marines here on this forum that make the exact same claim.

And once you lie about that first MOS that you did not earn then lying about the 0321 also is not that big a deal. Just one more mis-spoke.

I for one do not buy your bull****. I think you are just here trying to stir up ****. But hey, you can prove me wrong. Show me a link where a non 03 claimed to be an 03. NOTICE I DID NOT SAY A NON 03 SAYING "EVERY MARINE IS A RIFLEMAN."

Lynn2
08-04-10, 11:40 AM
"ALL Marines are ground pounding 0311 first and foremost." <!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->

Firedog you can do your own work.

For instance this quote above can be found on the first page of threads in the "ask Marine" forum. Not all that far from the top. And that quote was not made by a wannabe but by a Marine. And it was advice given to a young Marine wannabe.

As for the many other times I have seen non-infantry types claim that all Marines are 0311's or start out as 0311's or underneath are all 0311's or all train to be 0311's-----I doubt I will spend the next few hours going through old threads.

I will though try and remember to point out future statements like this when I see them.

I will post them here on this thread just for you.

firedog974
08-04-10, 11:48 AM
"ALL Marines are ground pounding 0311 first and foremost." <!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->

Firedog you can do your own work.

For instance this quote above can be found on the first page of threads in the "ask Marine" forum. Not all that far from the top. And that quote was not made by a wannabe but by a Marine. And it was advice given to a young Marine wannabe.

As for the many other times I have seen non-infantry types claim that all Marines are 0311's or start out as 0311's or underneath are all 0311's or all train to be 0311's-----I doubt I will spend the next few hours going through old threads.

I will though try and remember to point out future statements like this when I see them.

I will post them here on this thread just for you.

Well, good for you, *******. Just as I thought, you made a claim with NOTHING to back it up as you so often do. And just a little FYI......all Marines do go through infantry training.
While we are on the subject, what EXACTLY is your point here? Are you trying to claim all Marines, regardless of their MOS claim to be something they are not? I am not sure what your point is, but I for one am pretty ****ed about your bull**** rantings here. As for people claiming to be something they are not, why not take a look at yourself before pointing a finger.

Lynn2
08-04-10, 11:50 AM
"You are preaching to the chior (name of Marine you can find for yourself I am not putting it here). I totally agree with you."

Actually its on the 2nd page of threads now.

But right after one Marine stated that ALL Marines are 0311's the next post was the one above.

You can see maybe why wannabes and sailors might just be confused and think those statements are true? Or said as if they are true?

spotts
08-04-10, 11:50 AM
The Sgt Major lacks any integrity whatsoever. I dont care if he is one of the 100 greatest black enlisted men in the Army. He is still a turd in my book and I could care less about ****ing him off.

Lynn2
08-04-10, 11:52 AM
"As for people claiming to be something they are not, why not take a look at yourself"

If you are going to call me a poser then do better than this. If you can point out a lie I have made here then do it. Otherwise..........

firedog974
08-04-10, 11:57 AM
"As for people claiming to be something they are not, why not take a look at yourself"

If you are going to call me a poser then do better than this. If you can point out a lie I have made here then do it. Otherwise..........

HMMMMMM....well, to any wannabe, not familiar with this site,one would take a look at your avatar (or lack of one), your name, and think they are talking to a Marine. You have been told how to remedy this, but yet you do not.
After all, your whole point with you **** stirring here is "We don't want to give wannabe's the wrong impression, do we?" How about practicing what you preach.

firedog974
08-04-10, 12:00 PM
Oh, and one more thing.....
For you to compare what this POS SgtMaj did (an obvious FRAUD) to someone saying "Every Marine a Rifleman" (a longstanding motto of the Corps) is a ****ing disgrace. You should be ****ing ashamed.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-04-10, 12:03 PM
I agree. Fix the frakkin Avatar or make yourself more clear. Quite frankly you jumping to the defense of this POS concerns me more than a little bit.

So fix it. Put a Corpsman insignia up or some such.

There is NO defense to this as any Marine will tell you. And again I say, since you are a SAILOR, DID YOU DRIVE THE BIG BLUE BOAT? LIKE THE USS CARRIER?

If you can't get THAT point, then this is lost to you.

OH, and I changed the thread title, because it more accurately reflects the scumbaggery afoot here. Pizz off the 'greatest 100 army sergeant majors' I give a whit less.

Garyius
08-04-10, 12:10 PM
That was sarcasm

(About Crump, I am a little peeved about editing my title)

The Sgt Major lacks any integrity whatsoever. I dont care if he is one of the 100 greatest black enlisted men in the Army. He is still a turd in my book and I could care less about ****ing him off.

hbharrison
08-04-10, 12:33 PM
I would apear that this Sgt Major lyed flat out so what should be done with him? I think that the people in charge will do what they will do maybe he gets the rope maybe he does not but as far as I...

gwamo1
08-04-10, 01:01 PM
[quote=Sgt Leprechaun;680815And again I say, since you are a SAILOR, DID YOU DRIVE THE BIG BLUE BOAT? quote]

HAHAHAHA :banana:

As far as how many MOSs a Marine can carry at one time, I'm pretty sure its 2, a primary and secondary. Like if I became a MCMAP instructor, I would hold that as a secondary MOS and be able to hold MCMAP classes along with doing my normal MOS. Just throwing that out their....

Quinbo
08-04-10, 01:23 PM
Every Sailor is a 8404

ameriken
08-04-10, 01:39 PM
HMMMMMM....well, to any wannabe, not familiar with this site,one would take a look at your avatar (or lack of one), your name, and think they are talking to a Marine. You have been told how to remedy this, but yet you do not.
After all, your whole point with you **** stirring here is "We don't want to give wannabe's the wrong impression, do we?" How about practicing what you preach.

Fcking A John. I called him on it a while ago and he refuses to ID himself clearly as Navy, yet he has no problem interrogating Marines to prove who they are and where they served. :mad:

Quinbo
08-04-10, 01:43 PM
I contest that all sailors are taught how to apply a pressure dressing and hand out motrin somewhere during their training. Therefore all sailors are corpsman.

Vandrel
08-04-10, 02:08 PM
“According to his official military personnel file, he was not a 0311 (rifleman),”'

Well I read on this very forum not more than 2 days ago that every Marine was an 0311 first and foremost.

Actually every Marine is a 9900 "General Service Marine" first, or "Basic Marine".

:D

ameriken
08-04-10, 02:16 PM
Actually every Marine is a 9900 "General Service Marine" first, or "Basic Marine".

:D

You get it. I get it. Every Marine in this forum gets it. Even the poolees and wannabees get it. But Lynn2 does not get it.

No sense in trying to explain this to him. In many other threads he's done the same thing: find one statement, takes it out of context, then hones in on that one little statement and beat it to death over and over and over just like he is doing here.

He's definitely not a Marine so no matter how it is explained he refuses to get it and will keep asking that same question again and again.

In fact, now that you threw in the 9900, he'll probably say "Now you're saying that Marines have 3 MOS's? :evilgrin:

Lynn2
08-04-10, 02:32 PM

Yack at me all you want. I never saw a USMC forum that did not enjoy a pig pile.

But this above is what those who want to join the Corps are being told here on this Leatherneck forum.

And not one Marine read that and took exception to it.

<!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->

firedog974
08-04-10, 02:48 PM

Yack at me all you want. I never saw a USMC forum that did not enjoy a pig pile.

But this above is what those who want to join the Corps are being told here on this Leatherneck forum.

And not one Marine read that and took exception to it.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Now you are just making yourself look like an ass. Why in the hell would any Marine take exception to that?
Let me spell it out for you:
This focus on the infantry is matched with the doctrine that "Every Marine is a rifleman", a focus of Commandant Alfred M. Gray, Jr. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_M._Gray,_Jr.), emphasizing the infantry combat abilities of every Marine. All Marines, regardless of military specialization, receive training as a rifleman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rifleman); and all officers receive additional training as infantry platoon commanders.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-22>[23] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps#cite_note-22)</SUP> Marines have demonstrated the value of this culture many times throughout history. For example, at Wake Island (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Wake_Island), when all of the Marine aircraft were shot down, pilots continued the fight as ground officers, leading supply clerks and cooks in a final defensive effort.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-Heinl_23-0>[24] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps#cite_note-Heinl-23)</SUP> As a result, a large degree of initiative and autonomy is expected of junior Marines, particularly the NCOs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-commissioned_officer) (corporals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporal) and sergeants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergeant)), as compared with many other military organizations. The Marine Corps emphasizes authority and responsibility downward to a greater degree than the other military services. Flexibility of execution is implemented via an emphasis on "commander's intent" as a guiding principle for carrying out orders; specifying the end state but leaving open the method of execution.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-Lind_24-0>[25] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps#cite_note-Lind-24)</SUP>

Stick with what you know, sailor, and quit stirring up ****.

Quinbo
08-04-10, 02:53 PM
I'm very suprised that Lynn did not take exception to every sailor is in recon.

DanM
08-04-10, 03:08 PM
I did a little recon at the College of William and Mary's female lacrosse team at one time.Does that count??

SlingerDun
08-04-10, 03:10 PM
What is my point?

Clean up your own house before you start jumping on those in articles that have made the same claim as those here.

Now that should be clear even for Marines to understand.Couple years back Sgt. Bulkyker engaged a Marine who was pushing the "every Marine isa rifleman/infantry" enigma onto poolee's. He made his point after considerable time trying to penetrate skull rock in effect defining the differences between a rifleman and the infantry mos 0311; i don't blame him or any salt for not wanting to try and pound that through again.

It begins somewhere in the poolee forum under the "History Question" thread, do the research.

SlingerDun
08-04-10, 03:29 PM
"I said hello to the United States Marine Corps (USMC), Infantry and Advanced Infantry School.

Really? Hell, I must have missed that high speed 'Advanced Infantry' school after ITSI'm reading it different Lep, i believe he might be referring to "Advanced Infantry School" as ITS/ 0300 MOS school. An advancement beyond what every Marine received during the 1 week ITS in boot camp. Maybe thats not what he meant, but should have referred to ITS somewhere in his resume. I was in the grunts in 82 and pretty good at paying attention. When he allegedly attended ITS (the MOS version) there was no adavanced infantry school beyond ITS

SlingerDun
08-04-10, 03:38 PM
An advancement beyond what every Marine received during the 1 week ITS in boot camp recruit

Zulu 36
08-04-10, 03:55 PM
I did a little recon at the College of William and Mary's female lacrosse team at one time.Does that count??

Only if you scored some skivvies out of it, Doc. :D

Quinbo
08-05-10, 04:09 AM
If I had a couple day class on the CH-53 and had a walk around and explanation of how the hydraulics works then 3 years later you handed me a wrench and said go fix the hydraulics .... I would be a little intimadated. If I worked on helicopters for those 3 years and you handed me a wrench I confidently proceed to perform required repair.

If a clerk spends a month playing rambo then 3 years later you snatch him away from his desk and say here is the M-249 ... field strip it clean it then assemble it then function check it. Here is a map and compass go to this point and fire an AT-4 into this building. You have one hour to prepare a 5 paragraph order. You will also be directing close air support and mortors here are the freqs.

That poor guy would be a deer in the headlights.

Matter of fact .... if you took me into the kitchen in the chow hall and said cook me enough beans to feed 300 men, I would probably be a deer in the headlights. Walk me over to supply and give me a 5 minute class on how to be a MIMMs clerk then put me behind a computer I'd be all jacked up.

kenrobg30
08-05-10, 09:32 AM

Actually Linn, I never met an FMF Corpsman , Who had to say anything beyond those four words, to get the respect and admiration, of any Marine who ever went into combat. I for one, might argue with an FMF Corpsman, even call him names, and insult him, but I will stand by him, if I know his position is sound. If I disagree, I'll let him know, I disagree, with respect. On the screen, or eyeball to eyeball, it's all the same to me, Hell, two of my best friends were Corpsmen. :evilgrin: S/F!! Ken

Beltayn
08-05-10, 10:36 PM
Matter of fact .... if you took me into the kitchen in the chow hall and said cook me enough beans to feed 300 men, I would probably be a deer in the headlights.

That gave me a good chuckle.

SlingerDun
08-05-10, 10:39 PM
me too cause everybody out west knows frijoles need to soak overnighthttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

Quinbo
08-06-10, 05:23 AM
There in lies the point. I was neither a cook nor a mimms clerk nor a hydraulic mechanic. Can't just waltz in there and say well I cooked some beans once so now I have that as an MOS. I drive myself to and from work so now I'm motor T. I know how to type so I'm admin.

I've met some that didn't know which end of the gun the bullet comes out of but still claim to be 03 as a secondary. Every Marine a rifleman ha ha ha. In a pinch I probably could go cook some beans in the chow hall but I would have to defer to someone who knows what the hell they are doing.

Did you know that it wasn't until the mid 80's that women Marines were required to qualify on the rifle range? Before that they fam fired a pistol and that was it. Are they rifleman?

Garyius
08-06-10, 08:10 AM
I came in right at the very end of the transition. They had been shooting rifles for a while, but they had just started on machineguns and then only were supposed to be taught defensive fires.

Also, the MACG-18 armory had just starting putting WMs on guard duty. The issue weapon there was a 870 or 590--because those apartments were just 100 yards away across the fence.

A lot of the girls got bruised shoulders because at the fam fire they were holding the shotgun like an M16 carbine.

When I finally got my turn to teach I started telling them to pretend they had a $20 between the butt and their shoulder. That seemed to help.

Did you know that it wasn't until the mid 80's that women Marines were required to qualify on the rifle range? Before that they fam fired a pistol and that was it. Are they rifleman?

Sgt Leprechaun
08-07-10, 05:40 PM
LOL. My wife qual'd with the M-16 in 1986, and was one of the first to throw 'live' grenades.

But she still had to go through 'makeup class'....but they didn't do the 'social' anymore. (That's where they took all the soon to be WM's to an OFFICERS 'social', so the officers could pick who their 'clerks' were going to be.....wasn't that conveinent....?)

TMM54
08-07-10, 07:45 PM
Who is the fool? The fool, or the fool that argues with the fool?

Garyius
08-07-10, 08:59 PM

If you don't know who the fool is, check the mirror.

Wyoming
08-08-10, 12:36 PM

If you don't know who the fool is, check the mirror.

Well, I guess I am too dense to figure out these.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-08-10, 01:59 PM
I like pie.

Admindude
08-08-10, 06:01 PM
When a Marine joins the Marine Corps he/she is given the MOS 8011 which means Basic Marine with Enlistment Guarantee.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-08-10, 06:23 PM
I knew it was something along those lines.