PDA

View Full Version : End of an Era

Zulu 36
08-02-10, 06:29 PM
Mitch Miller died today. He was 99.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/08/02/sing-mitch-host-mitch-miller-dies-age/

Kegler300
08-02-10, 06:38 PM
I remember watching, "Sing Along With Mitch" back in the '60s.

RIP Mitch...

Phantom Blooper
08-02-10, 06:56 PM
RIP Mitch....

Christmas albums on the HI-FI years ago...."Sing Along with Mitch":beer:

Treasured memories!

:evilgrin:

Osotogary
08-02-10, 09:17 PM
The guy had a great goatee. His music? Bland to a little kid but the parents liked it and, as a result, that's what the whole household had to listen to. May he rest in peace.

USNAviator
08-02-10, 09:47 PM
The guy had a great goatee. His music? Bland to a little kid but the parents liked it and, as a result, that's what the whole household had to listen to. May he rest in peace.

I agree it was bland to a little kid but when you only had three channels and one TV, you watched what your parents watched

Mitch had his place and he was a professional and brought much joy to people and that's a good way to be remembered

RIP Mr. Miller

Zulu 36
08-02-10, 10:21 PM
Mitch was a weekly regular at my house while I was growing up. I got to be the remote control.

USNAviator
08-02-10, 10:34 PM
Mitch was a weekly regular at my house while I was growing up. I got to be the remote control.

LOL Me too. My Dad would say "change the channel" which would be my duty. He'd sit there with his White Owl cigar and his Quart bottle of Bud and I idolized him. Still do.

kenrobg30
08-03-10, 07:42 AM
I didn't have to change the channel, My MOM got there first. Heaven help you, if you even walked in front of the screen, when ' Sing along with Mitch was on !! :) S/F!!! Ken

kenrobg30
08-03-10, 07:44 AM
Who was the Girl singer, on that show ?? :) S/F!!! Ken

awbrown1462
08-03-10, 07:46 AM
Miller and Welk two shows I had to watch as a kid mom loved both

Phantom Blooper
08-03-10, 07:53 AM
Leslie Uggams,Gloria Lambert.....:beer:

"JUST FOLLOW THE BOUNCING BALL!"

kenrobg30
08-03-10, 08:01 AM
Miller and Welk two shows I had to watch as a kid mom loved both

I enjoyed watching both shows, too. I liked Welks' "Anda-One-Anda-Two". Man, I really am getting old !:D S/F!! Ken

kenrobg30
08-03-10, 08:08 AM
Leslie Uggams,Gloria Lambert.....:beer:

"JUST FOLLOW THE BOUNCING BALL!"
L honestly, do not remember PB ! Now answer this one. Who did Francis Langford sing with ? :beer: S/F!! ken

Phantom Blooper
08-03-10, 08:10 AM
Don Ameche?:beer:

kenrobg30
08-03-10, 08:20 AM
Don Ameche?:beer:
I'm not sure about Don Ameche, who was known widely as ' Mr. Romance". but again, I'll take your word fro it. I know, Ameche had a good voice, not great, but good. Now, did you ever see the Jeannette McDonald, Nelson Eddy movies ? :evilgrin: S/F!! Ken

Phantom Blooper
08-03-10, 08:28 AM
I Married an Angel on AMC....

But none that I recall as a youngster.:evilgrin:

kenrobg30
08-03-10, 08:52 AM
I Married an Angel on AMC....

But none that I recall as a youngster.:evilgrin:
They did a series of Movies, including ' I Married an Angel ' and I thought, she was one. I saved my pennies, to go and see those pictures. the one song that stuck in my mind, was Nelson Eddy, singing ' Donkey Serenade " It took me a while, but I learned to sing it well enough, so my Mother had me singing it, when company came calling. At first, it was a little embarrassing, but I got to where I liked to sing. Talk about ' Old Times' Wow !! :beer: S/F!! ken