PDA

View Full Version : New Toy to play with..

Sparrowhawk
09-21-03, 12:15 AM
Okay, I went and bought meself a new toy to play with.

A new camera phone with veriZon.

So, far it seems to be working great.

Once, I click, click, click I can send them to a web page or an email address.

was even able to use a nam pic as the background on the phone...

It works great when the wife wants a certian product at the super market and I can click n send her a pic of it so that she can confirm that its what she wants.

Saves me a trip of having to go back...lOL

Sparrowhawk
09-21-03, 12:22 AM
or anyone else I know it displays their photo when I answer the phone.

today I dropped off my daughter at the Glendale, Ca train station for her return to college and took the picture below of the train station.

Sparrowhawk
09-21-03, 12:29 AM
It helps me knowwho I am talking too...LOL

Sparrowhawk
09-21-03, 12:47 AM
LOL, she's gona kill me for this one..LOL

firstsgtmike
09-21-03, 01:25 AM
"It works great when the wife wants a certain product at the super market and I can click n send her a pic of it so that she can confirm that its what she wants. "

Some people can spend an entire afternoon trying to decide which dogfood is best.

How did the human race ever survive before the advent of modern technology?

Our grandparents deserve a special place in the heroes of history for surviving, not only without digital cameras in a supermarket, but without the supermarkets themselves.

Every day, I develop a greater appreciation for the generations that have preceeded mine.

I cannot visualize a picure of me, complaining to a Marine who fought in the Battle of Belleau Woods, that my air conditioner was not working properly.

But I am he, and he is me. Such is the title; Marine!

I have never read, nor would I ever accept: Marine 1857, or Marine 1992, or Marine 2001. The title "Marine", transcends time.

Those who have earned the title "Marine" are my brothers. Date of rebirth as a Marine may be before or after my own. Never-the-less, the bond is established. I become "older brother" or "younger brother" as the case may be. The key word being "Brother".

Your choice. But if I am wrong, my life has had no meaning, and my time on this earth has been a waste of time.

Devildogg4ever
09-21-03, 05:02 AM
Nice toy ya got there, Sparrowhawk! Looks like it does everything but talk for ya. I'm sure it comes in handy, thats why I was wondering if you can get us one for Christmas?? I'm not picky about the color or anything!!

thedrifter
09-21-03, 07:30 AM
Nice toy there Cook.....Need to ask Ellie to buy me one.....LOL...

If I had one yesterday...I would have been sending you the pic's...of all the classic/muscle cars....we were seeing...and oh yea......Cook...all those Redheads.....on the beach.....LOL.....

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

Cook, Just wait to JoBeth sees her pic on your new toy....LOL...

greybeard
09-21-03, 09:13 AM
So-how do ya look at the pic- and talk & listen at the same time?
For some strange reason, I have been able to successfully go the the grocery store for 40 years now without the aid of a cell phone.
No-I don't need one to sit in a restraunt & eat a meal either.
Nope, don't need one in church, funerals, or weddings either.
Yes, I still have the unique uncanny ability to picture in my mind, who it is that I'm talking to on the phone. If I've never met them, then the odds are 99.9 to 1 that I don't want or need to talk to 'em anyway.

I must be doing something terribly wrong huh?

Sgt Sostand
09-21-03, 11:25 AM
Sparrowhawk
you seem like a funny guy hehehehehe have fun with your new phone

Sparrowhawk
09-21-03, 12:17 PM
The bluejays that used to come into my office last year are back and just as ornery.

They tap on the roof of my garage (office), then I open the door for them to fly in. I really don't know if I have them trained, or they have trained me...LOL

Took a pic of this one (with my new camera phone), this morning.

Instead of a drive-in restaurant, they have fly-in, where they come into my office through one door and fly out the other.... LOL

Sparrowhawk
09-21-03, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the music web site, but couldn't find "The Eve of Destructin," to play when the press calls me...LOL

kilo1
08-05-06, 04:49 PM
I just finally broke down and got one also , as far as ringtones no sense in buying thim , I just had someone text me the Hymm just save and its done just a quick call is all it takes . anyone have Reveille?