PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps at age 26/27

OfficerMilo
08-02-10, 05:34 AM
First off thank you to those who have served or currently serving. My hats off to you guys. Since this is my first post ill let in on me a little. I currently work in law enforcement as a police officer for two agencies. Im currently bored ( Slow paced work ). My intentions in life is to move back to Los Angeles area and go in as a police officer somewhere within Los Angeles. I have been wanting to join the Marines as a reservist. I contacted a recruiter where I live ( Las Vegas ) and they stated their cut off age per their company commander is age of 24. I read the maximum age is 29. I was hoping to get some insight on any information you all may provide me. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Supersquishy
08-02-10, 06:01 AM
Im not 100% sure but you might be able to get an age waiver, especially for the Reserves.

OfficerMilo
08-02-10, 06:03 AM
Would they require a waiver though if the age is under the max enlistment age?

Supersquishy
08-02-10, 06:07 AM
Contact a Recruiter in the LA area and ask them. I guess its up to the Unit and their needs. LAPD? I heard it was hard to get hired on due to economy.

OfficerMilo
08-02-10, 06:08 AM
Contact a Recruiter in the LA area and ask them. I guess its up to the Unit and their needs. LAPD? I heard it was hard to get hired on.
Anywhere is hard to go get on. Ive been laid off, hours cut.... It sucks right now. Only silver spoons are being hired. LAPD has laid off ten background investigators, they are so back logged with backgrounds for applicants.. LAPD is mainly hiring due to attrition. Right now competition is fierce. Not just with LAPD either.

DrZ
08-02-10, 07:42 AM
First off thank you to those who have served or currently serving. My hats off to you guys. Since this is my first post ill let in on me a little. I currently work in law enforcement as a police officer for two agencies. Im currently bored ( Slow paced work ). My intentions in life is to move back to Los Angeles area and go in as a police officer somewhere within Los Angeles. I have been wanting to join the Marines as a reservist. I contacted a recruiter where I live ( Las Vegas ) and they stated their cut off age per their company commander is age of 24. I read the maximum age is 29. I was hoping to get some insight on any information you all may provide me. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

There should be no waivers required to join the reserves. The age limit for Active is 28 and reserves is 29. I would contact a recruiter in another location and just ask some questions. Since you are considering moving to LA, that would probably be the best place. I know a MSgt who is the NCOIC of one of the local recruiting office (Arlington, TX). If you want, I have his email address. Perhaps you can email him and get some straight scoop concerning enlisting.

PM me if you want his email or phone number.

Best Regards.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-03-10, 01:11 AM
Asked, answered, closed.