PDA

View Full Version : Housing waiting list...not enough time?

Quinn0311
08-02-10, 02:16 AM
:nerd: My wife-to-be is attending college at the moment. As soon as I graduate bootcamp..then SOI she will be coming to my first permanant stationing with me. I will be placing us on the housing waiting list as soon as I report and check in to wherever I get orders to. I would like to know, what will happen if our turn comes up on the waiting list to receive housing on base and she is still in school for a few more months. Say there's 2 months left until her graduation...will I be allowed to settle into the house for those two months until she comes? or will we have to go back to the bottom because she is not here yet?,,, thanks :confused:

MGySgtSki
08-02-10, 02:52 AM
If you're actually married, then you'll be OK. It would be like a Marine executing PCS orders to another duty station and waiting until he actually gets a house before he moves his family to the duty station. Your problem would be if you weren't actually married yet, but then you wouldn't qualify to even get on the housing list.

Oh yeah, your real problem will be recruit training. Might want to get through that first.

Quinn0311
08-02-10, 03:09 AM
Yea..gettin married after boot :banana:.
Ship soon! thanks...

Sgt Leprechaun
08-03-10, 01:08 AM
The Master Guns nailed it...LOL. A classic 'Cart before the horse' question.

Asked, answered, closed.