PDA

View Full Version : So, what was going on in YOUR head?

Yonkers
07-31-10, 07:07 PM
Hello Marines,

I only have about 8 days left before I ship out, and am a bit curious as to what exactly should be going on in my head. I guess it hasn't really hit me yet, which could be a good or bad thing... good in the sense that I'm not worrying about it now... bad in the sense that I know for a fact it's going to hit me like 3.5 metric tons of bricks.

I'm wondering exactly what was going on in your head when you were about to ship out. I asked my recruiter and he simply put it as "I was thinking that I wanted to be a Marine and what I had to do to get through boot camp" and "I aint you". Very true, no one around here can live my life for me, but it still doesn't make me any less curious. :D

Thanks in advance.

FattyTheFerret
07-31-10, 08:31 PM
"This guy yells a lot, he should chill out."

oh before I shipped

I was in the DEP for about 18 hours before I shipped. I was thinking "finally, it's about damn time".

sparkie
07-31-10, 08:52 PM
Visit your family and friends,,,,,,,,, when you go, they won't write. Like I've said 100 times,,,,,, once you jump off the cliff,,,you may as well enjoy the ride.

Yonkers,,,, I'm sending you my address,,,,,, if you write,,,I write.

Vanish34
07-31-10, 09:03 PM
I was nervous but yet very excited to start my career

micarr57
07-31-10, 09:11 PM
Visit your family and friends,,,,,,,,, when you go, they won't write. Like I've said 100 times,,,,,, once you jump off the cliff,,,you may as well enjoy the ride.

visit your family and friends one way or the other it will never be the same
enjoy the ride
i don't know what you are supposed to think
i was thinking what have i done then ok let's get this done
good luck:thumbup:

Yonkers
07-31-10, 09:21 PM

Of course I'll write! That reminds me... I have to go buy a little address book, I forgot about that :D

FattyTheFerret
07-31-10, 10:47 PM
You'll get time to write but here's a little tip: barring any injuries or idiocy on your part, it's only three months. Don't waste your evenings writing letters. Read them and then write the responses on sunday. You have more important things to do than reply to your mom's letter on tuesday night; she won't get it for two weeks anyways because the outgoing and incoming mail at MCRD (San Diego, at least) sucks a fat donkey boner.

So yes, write to your family. But not every night. Use that time to organize your footlocker or something.

Capital M
08-01-10, 12:54 AM
Just live by the philosophy "nothing lasts forever." Just like fatty said, its only 3 months.

josephd
08-01-10, 04:43 AM
biggest thing going on in my head right before I shipped and through all of boot camp was how I needed to earn the title so I would be able to serve and join the Marine brotherhood with some very good friends of mine

Phantom Blooper
08-01-10, 07:54 AM
Getting laid as many times as possible in a week!:evilgrin:

Matlock09
08-01-10, 09:14 AM

Highly Recommended!

sparkie
08-01-10, 09:23 AM
Highly Recommended!

Even if you have to improvise,,,lol

Danny C Smith
08-01-10, 09:55 AM
A lot of crazy moto stuff was going through my grape.
I was so excited that in 3 short months I was going to
be one of the baddest mothers on the planet:thumbup:.
LOL, I was right!!!

josephd
08-01-10, 01:43 PM
A lot of crazy moto stuff was going through my grape.
I was so excited that in 3 short months I was going to
be one of the baddest mothers on the planet:thumbup:.
LOL, I was right!!!

bwahahahaha......quotable right there!

sparkie
08-01-10, 01:46 PM
I remember one thing distinctly. I felt I was turning a corner on a street I would never get back to. I was right.

Danny C Smith
08-01-10, 02:32 PM
bwahahahaha......quotable right there!

Yep, I'm still a legend in my own mind:banana:
Semper Fi.

Yonkers
08-03-10, 02:31 PM

Story of my last 2 weeks hahah :D