PDA

View Full Version : Going from Army DEP to Marines

HTizzle
07-31-10, 01:37 PM
Hey in may i signed with army (stupid) because i always wanted to join the military. I really wanted to join the marines but my parents objected fiercly and talked me out of it. I was supposed to...

SGT7477
07-31-10, 02:49 PM
How about a profile, Marine or Marines is to be capitalized, what you do with the army is up to you?

Goldfiner978
08-01-10, 01:57 AM
Stick with it. If you really want to be a Marine, then go for it. Most likely your Army Recruiter will start blowing smoke up your @$$ by saying ohhh you can't get out now you;ve already sworn in and signed on the line etc. If you really don't want to leave for the Army they can't force you. It's only after you go up to MEPS for the 2nd time and get sworn in is when you're pretty much locked in. But then again I'm not a Recruiter. Your best bet is go down to the Marine Corps Recruiting Office and talk to them. Explain exactly what is going on. They'll be able to steer you in the right direction. Hope this helps.

Covey_Rider
08-01-10, 05:13 AM
You need to read the rules of the forum. Unless something has changed since I was on here last, Open Squad Bay is reserved for Marines only. There is a separate section for Poolees and Wannabes. Your english on here is horrible as well. Is it really that difficult to type "be" instead of "b"? It's one extra letter.

Garyius
08-01-10, 09:22 AM
Army lives better than Marines. What MOS did you get from the army?

Lisa 23
08-01-10, 11:41 AM
No, the rules haven't changed.

You need to read the rules of the forum. Unless something has changed since I was on here last, Open Squad Bay is reserved for Marines only. There is a separate section for Poolees and Wannabes. Your english on here is horrible as well. Is it really that difficult to type "be" instead of "b"? It's one extra letter.

And punctuation marks would help some also.

Cash2053
08-01-10, 01:47 PM
Good for you. Follow your dreams

gwamo1
08-02-10, 09:21 AM
Ah, profile police out in force!

AAV Crewchief
08-02-10, 12:37 PM
How about a profile, Marine or Marines is to be capitalized, what you do with the army is up to you?

............AND SO IS THE PRONOUN "I" IN THE ORIGINAL POSTERS COMMENT.

fpdesignco
08-02-10, 06:39 PM
............AND SO IS THE PRONOUN "I" IN THE ORIGINAL POSTERS COMMENT.
We all should just type on caps lock.