PDA

View Full Version : I hate NOT knowing!

Elias B
07-29-10, 03:45 PM
don't know if he is ok, don't know if he gotten his butt kicked, don't know if he sucks as a recruit, don't know what he's doing.

but i do know he's not running around in the streets drunk, fighting and being looked for by the wrong peeps, and that's a GREAT feeling.

Thank you God for guiding my son to the MARINES, to be a better man.

Ee

sparkie
07-29-10, 03:51 PM
Hold on to yourself,,,the letters will come.

WXSgt
07-29-10, 03:56 PM
the "best" thing you can do is contact his company commander asking those questions lol. but no really dont do that it will get him in alot of trouble and probably hate you for lol

sparkie
07-29-10, 04:06 PM
I'm writin to a kid in boot, and for some reason it takes about 10 days to get from San Diego to Vegas. The base must sit on em a bit.

foreverproud
07-29-10, 04:14 PM

Ee

I said the same prayer, but I understand the worries. :) Some of my son's butt-kicking stories are the funniest I've ever heard.

Hey... I always check the profiles and we went to the same high school ...

The very best to you and your recruit.

Elias B
07-29-10, 04:19 PM
foreverproud, that could be good or really bad thing, lol. What year did you graduate in, i finished up in 88-89.

foreverproud
07-29-10, 04:24 PM
foreverproud, that could be good or really bad thing, lol. What year did you graduate in, i finished up in 88-89.

Ditto ... for me as well ... lol ...

But I got you beat ... I'm an oldie but goodie ... graduating class of 1968.

.... just be looking out for the mail carrier. That first letter is like gold.

DrZ
07-29-10, 05:31 PM
Elias,
You son is busier than a 1 armed paper hanger right now. He is learning everything he needs to know to be part of the elite.... to earn the title of US Marine.

I can tell you he is OK but he might not currently think so.
He is getting stronger every day.
He HAS gotten his butt kicked...we all did.
He did suck at being a recruit... but we all did at first. Even if you don't suck at being a recruit.... the DI will make you believe you do so you work that much harder.

The letters will come. Wait until you see the changes in him when he returns....you will be amazed, pleased, and very proud.

Semper Fi to you and yours.

Tell him many uhhhh..... slightly more mature Marines are pulling for him.

Old Marine
07-29-10, 06:11 PM
Like the commercial says, "Do You Know where Your Child is". It's nice to know he/she is safe at the recruit depot, has a place to flop, three squares a day and is being molded into a basic Marine.

AAV Crewchief
07-29-10, 06:26 PM

'82 for me....and yes, we still got hit when we deserved it

AAV Crewchief
07-29-10, 06:29 PM
Elias,
You son is busier than a 1 armed paper hanger right now. He is learning everything he needs to know to be part of the elite.... to earn the title of US Marine.

I can tell you he is OK but he might not currently think so.
He is getting stronger every day.
He HAS gotten his butt kicked...we all did.
He did suck at being a recruit... but we all did at first. Even if you don't suck at being a recruit.... the DI will make you believe you do so you work that much harder.

The letters will come. Wait until you see the changes in him when he returns....you will be amazed, pleased, and very proud.

Semper Fi to you and yours.

Tell him many uhhhh..... slightly more mature Marines are pulling for him.
Yep, I went to boot camp telling everyone that I was coming back the honor grad. I didn't make it through the "forming" timeframe and not ask myself, "Self, what were you thinking?"

Cudadad
07-29-10, 07:02 PM
don't know if he is ok, don't know if he gotten his butt kicked, don't know if he sucks as a recruit, don't know what he's doing.

but i do know he's not running around in the streets drunk, fighting and being looked for by the wrong peeps, and that's a GREAT feeling.

Ee

"No news is good news"
If there were a problem you would get a call. So think about it for a minute. do you want a call? I did not think so.

micarr57
07-29-10, 09:56 PM
Yep, I went to boot camp telling everyone that I was coming back the honor grad. I didn't make it through the "forming" timeframe and not ask myself, "Self, what were you thinking?"

i didn't think i was gonna be honor man but sure did think several times especially at the beginning what am i doing here
he'll make the transition it'll be good:thumbup: