PDA

View Full Version : TDRL and MEPS

Darkiller45
07-29-10, 12:00 PM
Hello devildogs,

I've been in TDRL for 4yrs now, last summer(09) I was found "fit for duty" I was very excited cause finally I was going back to Parris Island and finish boot. But I hasn't been that easy, I've been working with my recruiter to get all my health record together and finally my packet was send down to the folks at MEPS on June(10) . The thing that worries me is that i haven't heard a word from the folks at MEPS. I'd
call my recruiter every 3 weeks for any news but nothing, nada, zip!!. My questions is does anyone now how long this process takes.

Thank you in advance

NoRemorse
07-29-10, 12:05 PM
Depends on your reenlistment code; the number of records attached, the backlog at MEPS, nature of the injury or condition.

In short; can't give you a timeframe; keep up on it.

I sent my packet in to MMER at the beginning of the year and just got a notice last week that BCNR now has it.

And being found fit for duty by the PEB does not mean you'll be found fit for duty by MEPS. Have lots and lots and lots of corroborating evidence regarding your condition and fitness.

Darkiller45
07-29-10, 01:17 PM
My reenlistment code is RE-3P, I send a dictionary thick size of medical records, my injury is a Right knee ACL tear( basically my ligaments snap). On a side note the doctor the found me fit wrote on my dictation that my knee was stronger and that I have been working out and maintaining
lots of physical activity( run, lift weights,play sports)
hopefully it will give me points with the docs at
Meps

Its all a waiting game....

NoRemorse
07-29-10, 01:19 PM
You're still gonna need a waiver for the 3P which will add time to it. Trying to get the 3P changed takes a lot of time. It all takes a lot of time.

Hurry up and wait some more.

Darkiller45
07-29-10, 01:24 PM
LoL!!! I have a very tight grip on time... I won't let go!!!!

Darkiller45
07-29-10, 01:41 PM
Hey NoRemorse I want to show an email that the folks up in HQMC send to my recruiter about bieng disqualified from meps, the point being is that I can't get DQ if it pertains to my original injury....

NoRemorse
07-29-10, 01:46 PM
That's interesting. Wish he had said something about the the re-enlistment code.

The BuMed waiver is a relatively easy process; you can google them and assemble a packet by yourself or with your recruiter. You can also resubmit after a denial until you're blue in the face so it wouldn't make sense to give up on that avenue of approach.

Good trash.

I'm assuming you signed off on the board finding you fit; was about 3 months between my signing those papers and my disability pay stopping.

Darkiller45
07-29-10, 02:03 PM
That I did not know!!

Yeah! I did sign off on the findings for fit back in DEC09. And I'm still getting dis. Pay

NoRemorse
07-29-10, 02:17 PM
The question is did you get discharge paperwork yet? I'd inquire about that; might be you have to place a call to DFAS and a bunch of other places. Check with your recruiter or go rifling through...

Darkiller45
07-29-10, 03:54 PM
No I have not. The only paper I got was the one from <br />
HQMC asking me to get discharged from TDRL or return to active duty