PDA

View Full Version : running

northcarolina
07-29-10, 09:32 AM
how often do you run while in boot camp. how often shoul di run in order to get better at it.

Vanish34
07-29-10, 11:04 AM
you run mostly everyday but its never ever far unless its what your going to do for PT. Just run everyday get used to being on your feet for long periods of time

DrZ
07-29-10, 11:57 AM
Start running, walking, jogging, or whatever you want to call it. You will run to some amount everyday and if not run... you will drill (march), stand at the position of attention or parade rest for hours. Getting in shape now will help you to acclimatize to some of the things you will be doing in boot. Your recruiter and recruit station has exercise time for you.... ca$h in on it.

Start doing now and you will do nothing but help yourself. You will NEVER be up to the DIs level of acceptability but you will not feel like you are going to die every time the DI puts you through the paces.

IVIanOnTheIVIov
07-29-10, 12:03 PM
If you have to ask, you're not ready. You will run just about every day at boot camp and you must maintain those standards through out your career.

Try running three times a week, 1.5 miles each time. This will ensure that you don't over strain yourself in set yourself up for injury. If you go to boot camp and get injured, stand by to stay there untill your healed. So what I am saying is, get off your butt and prepare. You need to aim for completion below the ten minute mark. Once you feel comforitable, work up to two miles, then three, and so on.

northcarolina
07-29-10, 03:09 PM
how long would i have to run for 1.5 miles on a 1/4 mile long track

Lisa 23
07-29-10, 03:19 PM
how long would i have to run for 1.5 miles on a 1/4 mile long track

You've got to be kidding. If you don't know the answer to this..............oh, never mind. I'm having a good day, and I'm not going to let something like this ruin it.
Young man, figure it out for yourself.

SlingerDun
07-29-10, 03:49 PM
heheh, how do you know the track is 1/4 mile "long"?

Sgt Leprechaun
07-30-10, 12:09 AM
Google....it's your FRIEND.

Talk to a recruiter.

Research.

Start....now.

Locked before this deteriorates any further.