PDA

View Full Version : Disability Payments...begin from when?

Sgt Leprechaun
07-29-10, 04:00 AM
This one is probably easily 'findable' if I searched hard enough...but I'm going to ask here anyway, since we have a board of 'ready experts'.....

When you file and (eventually) get rated, and finally start getting your percentage per month, of whatever that might be....how far back is the 'back pay'? Does that start from the time you filed (First month after you file, right?) Or does it start from the time of your EAS?

What if you EAS'd, out for a good while, then back in the reserves/guard, and are getting ready to retire? Does that screw that up? Or it doesn't matter, since it's from the time you filed the claim no matter what?

I know that guys within a year of EAS get theirs backdated to the EAS...are they the only ones?

Haven't seen this one asked on here, so thought I'd throw it out there. I"m waiting to get C&P and rated on about 10 different things so it does matter LOL. Claim submitted in October. Of course, nothing thus far. (Other than the usual 'we have your stuff' and 'we need more info').

Thanks all.

Sgt Lep

Ed Palmer
07-29-10, 05:21 AM
Lep it goes back to the day that you applied for it,
I aplied for SSDA on 12 Dec. 94 Got approved in April 95 and paid for Jan thru April

spotts
07-29-10, 06:58 AM
It goes back to the date the claim was received by the VA. If you put in your claim within one year from your EAS it will be backdated to the date of your EAS. IM me with any questions. I now work for Veteran Affairs Philadelphia Regional Office.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-29-10, 05:19 PM
Email sent! Thanks for the help fellars!