PDA

View Full Version : R. Lee Ermey Geico Commercial

foreverproud
07-28-10, 11:34 PM
I would imagine that you all probably have seen this ... but just in cast you haven't. I couldn't find it posted anywhere, but if it is a repost sorry about that.

My husband and I crack up every single time it comes on :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qiQI-zrPvQ

joshua32
07-28-10, 11:43 PM
Isn't this a Marine website?

foreverproud
07-29-10, 12:01 AM
Hey Joshua,

Obviously I'm not a Marine, but I'm a damn proud Marine mom.
Actually, I did not intend on visiting here so much after my son returned from his deployment, but I've grown fond of the place ... visit ... and read mostly. I've learned a lot here and you know ... I like the the good people here. I know my place and respect the Marine threads and never post in the Marine threads unless I feel it would be appropriate.

I support the Marine Corps in many ways ... ways that I haven't spoken of here, no need to.

This post was just to share a little fun ... in case the commercial hadn't been seen by some. But, if you feel that anybody here needs to say I'm not welcome... then hey man... I raised a Marine ... I can take the truth.

If I've misinterpreted your response ... sorry 'bout that... maybe I'm just a little edgy today.

jdubbya
07-29-10, 12:33 AM
I had just seen this comercial for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was great! Thanks for posting the You tube link. I can pull it up for a quick laugh. Foreverproud, you don't have to explain yourself. R. Lee Emery has become a public symbol of the Corps and Marines all over identify with him. As another Marine parent, I appreciate your outlook.
Josh, was there a point to your post/question? I'm a little edgy today as well.

Quinbo
07-29-10, 12:33 AM
Don't let a "jack wagon" poolee who doesn't know his place get under your skin. Joshua if you don't know who R. Lee Ermey is you are a fool. You young man are posting somewhere where you shouldn't be. Go back to the wading pool.

Maam no Marine on this site has ever even suggested that you are not welcome here. Keep right on coming.

I've seen the ermey commercial posted on here before. No biggy. It still cracks me up every time I see it.

Integrity57
07-29-10, 12:45 AM
I love that commercial, best one I've seen in a while, thank you ma'am.

hbharrison
07-29-10, 12:59 AM
Hey Joshua,

Actually, I did not intend on visiting here so much after my son returned from his deployment, but I've grown fond of the place ... visit ... and read mostly. I've learned a lot here and you know ... I like the the good people here. I know my place and respect the Marine threads and never post in the Marine threads unless I feel it would be appropriate.

I support the Marine Corps in many ways ... ways that I haven't spoken of here, no need to.

This post was just to share a little fun ... in case the commercial hadn't been seen by some. But, if you feel that anybody here needs to say I'm not welcome... then hey man... I raised a Marine ... I can take the truth.

If I've misinterpreted your response ... sorry 'bout that... maybe I'm just a little edgy today.

You do ever have to say your sorry for your posts Maam and I watch that commercial and every time I got to smile real hard.

hbharrison
07-29-10, 01:03 AM
Isn't this a Marine website?

Joshua need to know this is a Marine web site and Foreverproud is the Mother of a Marine you need to learn to respect that.

USMCM38A1
07-29-10, 01:22 AM
Why yes it is a Marine website but not only do we let poolees speak we also let Marines family and friends speak so poolee shut your suck and if we want your opinion we will rattle your chain or shake your dog dish.Semper Fi ,Carry On.Ya jackwagon namby pamby cry baby.

hrscowboy
07-29-10, 02:33 AM
what the hell ??

joshua32
07-29-10, 03:17 AM
Wow?! I didn't know by asking a question everyone would hate me.
I was asking just because I didn't know if it was right or not. I know if I would've posted something like this I would've had everyone doing what they are doing now.
Sorry I didn't mean anything by it. I'm a person just like everyone else, just asking a simple question.
Thanks for the correction.

P.S. If I may add I'm no fool. But In Matt. it does say he who say's you fool shall be in danger of hell fire. Those are God's words not mine.

Quinbo
07-29-10, 03:23 AM
You are truely foolish if you keep adding insult to injury. This forum is for Marine Family. You are neither. You should keep your commentary to poolee hall!

joshua32
07-29-10, 03:34 AM
My uncle and my cuzin are Marines and proudly serve our country. I soon hope to as well. I tried to send you a message but your imbox is full btw.
I look up to the Marines that show by example, and respect all people....even poolees. No disrespect Sergeant Quinn but I meant nothing by it. Oh,...thank you for serving our country, I respect you for that.

gunnyE7
07-29-10, 03:38 AM
Bulkyker, he already apoligized. Cut him a break. I believe he is a living breatheing being and deserves your respect just as much as you deserve his. Now leave him alone. All of you. I didn't find anything wrong with what he asked.
Joshua, I recommend you just keep your comments in the Ask Marine forms and POOLEE forms.

Quinbo
07-29-10, 03:42 AM
No pee contest here. I require no apology. The mere suggestion that a parent of a Marine is not welcome here kinda got me fired up.

Gunny E7 were you an 0311 the entire time you were in the Marines?

gunnyE7
07-29-10, 03:46 AM
No pee contest here. I require no apology. The mere suggestion that a parent of a Marine is not welcome here kinda got me fired up.

Gunny E7 were you an 0311 the entire time you were in the Marines?

No Sgt. I wasn't I was also 0300. I don't think he meant anything by that, but yes I understand what you mean.

Quinbo
07-29-10, 03:50 AM
Iteresting??? I was hoping you would have another answer but so be it .... a gunny that was 0300 and 0311. That's the first I've ever heard of that? What was ITB called when you went through?

gunnyE7
07-29-10, 03:52 AM
Iteresting??? I was hoping you would have another answer but so be it .... a gunny that was 0300 and 0311. That's the first I've ever heard of that? What was ITB called when you went through?

Didn't you send me a message about this when I first joined this site? If you look back at your message I answered your questions there. If you know how to resend messages let me know and I will resend it, and I don't think this is a place to post questions getting off subject.

Quinbo
07-29-10, 03:55 AM
Terribly evasive..... lets get it out in the open.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-29-10, 04:30 AM
It's open now. 2 Extractions via black helicopter. Or, rather, 2 screen names. "Joshua32", who was POSING as GunnyE7.

Guess what? I see you again, esp. posing, and your azz gets a nice visit from the friendly feds who investigate "Stolen Valor". Try explaining THAT to your recruiter.

Begone, troll. Don't bother coming back, or begging. Your ban is FOREVER and will not be lifted.

phoneman
07-29-10, 06:37 AM
I want to give a little support to foreverproud and everyone who chimed in here. I am also a parent of a Marine and a Navy vet (1985-1989). We come on to websites like this looking for a connection to our sons and daughters who are serving this country. Most of the time we cannot communicate daily with the ones we miss the most and hearing from former Marines and active duty Marines gives us that connection. I started coming here once my son reached his PDS and I found a lot of the information here very helpful. My son is does not want to "burden" (his words) me or my wife with the things that are bothering him. SO I try to figure out ways to help him subtly by reading what you all have been through and piecing together what is going on with him and doing what I can to support him. I want to thank all of you for being here and putting up with us parents being nosy.

Mike

Quinbo
07-29-10, 06:44 AM
ForeverProud alway has had my support. He is always welcome here. Part of the family.

We as a group deal harshly and quickly with trolls and I apologize if you even had to see that disrespect.

foreverproud
07-29-10, 12:44 PM
Wow .... well, I see a nasty troll had crept in, and was especially busy some time early morning.
I left here last night thinking I shouldn't have let the guy bother me so much, and that I do know I've always been welcome. Bulkyker...everyone... you all... thanks for your support.

We come on to websites like this looking for a connection to our sons and daughters who are serving this country. Most of the time we cannot communicate daily with the ones we miss the most and hearing from former Marines and active duty Marines gives us that connection. I started coming here once my son reached his PDS and I found a lot of the information here very helpful. My son is does not want to "burden" (his words) me or my wife with the things that are bothering him. SO I try to figure out ways to help him subtly by reading what you all have been through and piecing together what is going on with him and doing what I can to support him. I want to thank all of you for being here and putting up with us parents being nosy.Phoneman ... exactly...You've said it exactly.

Leatherneck, your support of parents, your support for each other, your knowledge ... your laughs have all been invaluable.

Joshua ... if you are peeking in: Integrity ... it's a big, big word... best you learn its meaning.

Back to video ... My son actually met Gunnery Sergeant Ermey at Camp P in early 2009 when he was doing some filming about helicopters. John said he was great and that he hung out with his squadron for quite awhile .... and that the Gunnery Sergeant put him (my son) in a choke hold. :)

Sgt Leprechaun
07-29-10, 05:40 PM
Sir, you are MOST welcome. Any problems with ANYone, please, drop me a line. It'll be taken care of.

Thank you for all you do.

Old Marine
07-29-10, 06:05 PM
I have never heard anyone called a Jack Wagon.

I will see Ermey at the Drill Instructors Reunion in September and will be sure to ask him what the hell it is.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-29-10, 06:44 PM
Ha! Me neither but I'll bet it becomes popular now

hbharrison
07-30-10, 12:41 AM
I know some around here I just may start calling them Jackwagon

gkmoz
07-30-10, 02:58 PM
YEAH ! HBH there are quite few Jackwagons in the political section. The ones with the tissue box indentation on their foreheads !! LOL !!! :D

doc h fmf
07-30-10, 07:15 PM
I Love That Commercial Maam. Especially At The End When Lee Fooled Us Thought He Was Going To Pass The Kleenex But Instead Threw It At The Guy.

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

JohnEaceHunt
07-31-10, 08:01 PM
Bulkyer, when I went through boot in Diego('Holywood'), in '66 from 1 may, and Graduated 2 July '66, it was an 8 week training schedule. We started the day at 0400, and ended it around 1900. That was before we had chow, 7 days a week. We were told 'Listen up num-nuts, you are all going to Vietnam, so you will be told only 1 time. You don't get it, your A** will be in a Body-Bag before you can wipe your nose'. We did listen up, as out of 76 boots Graduated, 72 of us came home. We all went to Pendleton, and our training was called ITR. 'Infantry Training Regiment'. No Battalions then. Didn't have the time, or the room. To many Marines were going through, and we did all go to the 'Nam. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Quinbo
08-01-10, 01:41 AM
That's cool ACE. I was asking those questions of a high school kid that was posing as a gunny. He had said some very unusual information such as he was retired after 13 years and had been an 0311 his entire carreer. When pressed he said he had also been 0300. Never once did he say 0369. I questioned him about ITB because in 1986 it was called ITS. If he had actually attended he would have known that.

He has since been banned and all his posts deleted so it really looks like a one sided conversation on my part.

JohnEaceHunt
08-01-10, 02:19 AM
Great Bulkyer, I had noticed a bunch of deleats there. Its to bad they have to do that. No telling why. I thought for awhile, and really am not sure which is larger, a Battallion, or Regiment. I had best find out, and how to spell each. When my 46 Squadron was on ship, the U.S.S. Iwo-Jima, we had a Battalion on it, the 9th.(9th MAB). Brigrade, or Batallion That was one Bad Fighting Group of Marines. Loved to support them. We were, seems always doing re-supply, med-evacs, inserts, and extractions, and many more for them. Lots of fun for sure while being Crew Chief on the 46's. I believe they were the longest in constant fighting for seems forever there. There were 3 or 4 ships full of them. HMM-265 extracted them out of the field under fire in June'69, to the Iwo, and the other Boats. No telling what they will call it, the Infantry School out of boot, in several more years. It could have been the other way around, a bigger Unit, as there was so many going through in '66. I do get things wrong, and I will admit it. Not that often but enough. I'd be very wrong to think I knew it all, even though we like to think we do. The Infantry School we all had to go to before going cross the pond, was Advanced Infantry Training. Seems we just ran around a bunch. No it was more than that, but it seemed fun. The phoneys will be found out however long it takes. I salute all that are able to weed them out. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

lanced333
08-06-10, 07:29 PM
@ All ...I didnt even read what that " poser " said , now I dont even want to ! Every one of you who responded for foreverproud...your the reasons I am proud to have a son as a Marine !

Osotogary
08-06-10, 08:08 PM
Jackwagon -n.
The form of wheeled transportation, mostly four wheels but sometimes three, that usually hauls tired Jackalopes aound from prairie to open range, or visa versa, in the western part of Texas (West Texas).

Yes, I'm full of sh*t on this one.
The commercial makes me chuckle everytime I see it.

MOUNTAINWILLIAM
08-06-10, 08:19 PM
Ol' Lee is living proof that the Corps prepares you for a civilian career if you are willing to apply your knowledge. He has also done more for the Armed Services of this country than anybody I can recall (The positive narratives he gives on the History Channel) and not forget his perfomances in a number of motion pictures.

Yep, Lee knows how to market himself and the Corps.

Semper Fi

JohnEaceHunt
08-06-10, 11:08 PM
Foreverproud, you have an absolute right to be Proud. I know you and your Son are welcome here at anytime. There are so many foolish people, even one that calls himself intrgrity, one that should join the crows is Certainly not welcome here. I am glad your Son had inter-Action with Gunny Ermy. He can always remember that time with Dignity, as The Gunny does not give it too freely. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

hbharrison
08-06-10, 11:57 PM
Jackwagon -n.
The form of wheeled transportation, mostly four wheels but sometimes three, that usually hauls tired Jackalopes aound from prairie to open range, or visa versa, in the western part of Texas (West Texas).

Don't they also hual Polecats around you know the weasel kind?:D

hillbillyjar
08-07-10, 01:13 AM
Hey Joshua,

Ma'am, as you can see from the other posts; have no doubt you are most welcome here, and your company is well enjoyed and respected.

On topic, I love that commercial. After seeing it for the first time on Hulu, when it came up again, I paused it and backed it up so my wife could see it.

hillbillyjar
08-07-10, 01:21 AM
Jackwagon -n.

Dang, I thought it was a two wheeled cart pulled by a prairie dog. Maybe that's the ones in southern Oklahoma hauling the Jackalopes back and forth from vacation.