PDA

View Full Version : Security Forces, FAST..

Uncle Rico
07-28-10, 10:15 PM
I've been looking at different jobs in the marine Corps.. I have heard you have to go infantry before you can become an 8152, because you have to be atleast a LCpl to have that MOS. Is that true? Doesn't sound like it.

Also what do these FAST Marines actually do?

Sgt Leprechaun
07-28-10, 11:49 PM
UR, if you search, you'll see we have a crapload of FAST questions/answers, some from actual FAST Marines.

8151 is a 'billet' MOS, and you have to be Infantry (0311) to get that. However, unless things have changed, you *can* get it right from Infantry school. I seem to recall a recent thread on this one as well..try running a search for '8151'. I believe that is what you want instead of the '52.

And can I get a tad more on the profile? Appreciated.

IVIanOnTheIVIov
07-29-10, 09:17 AM
You start from SOI, graduate, then move north to Va Beach (assuming you go east coast) and then go to security forces school.

As far as FAST goes, if you want to deploy very little but recieve lots of training, maybe for a future hopes of doing some kind of law enforcement, go for it. The job is basically translated as SWAT for the Marines but goes anywhere and specializes in NEO (Non-Combatant Evacuation Operation). I'm sure there's more that they do. So you should probably track down a Marine that deployed with a FAST company.----Honestly, in my opinion, it's one of those jobs that sounds really cool but...isn't. If you want action, Go MARSOC. End of story. Good luck either way.

stretchusa
07-29-10, 11:45 AM
I was a FAST Marine if you have any question PM me.

moods
08-04-10, 10:21 PM
When you enlist in the Corps ask your recruiter to enlist you under a UV contract, which is Security Forces. How is works is you go to boot if you graduate you will head to ITB. After that to will end up in VA for school as a 8152. At the school you fill out a wish list of where you want to go. Fill out FAST 1 and or FAST 2. Dependant on you pt, rifle, pistol and school class position you might get lucky. At least that's how it went in my day