PDA

View Full Version : Interested in Joining ANGLICO

woofydog
07-28-10, 04:51 PM
I stumbled onto ANGLICO while surfing the web, and my interest was piqued. My question are what is the process that an officer goes through to join? I understand that it is a relatively small unit, so you don't just join. I did some research, but couldn't find lots of rock solid official info. From what I gather, officers have to come from the artillery (MOS 0802?) and then try to get into ANGLICO. Another question I have is what does an officer do in ANGLICO? Do they ever go into the field? I understand that the ratio of officers to enlisted men is low, so are all of the officers in the HQ command?

Sgt Leprechaun
07-28-10, 11:47 PM
No profile...no answers. Locked.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-03-10, 09:17 PM
Profile completed. I do believe this question might have been answered before...run a search...but there are some knowledgeable Marines here as well.

we51a
09-18-10, 08:34 PM
I'm with 1st ANGLICO... we have a lot of officers in our unit, 0302s and 0802s, who serve as JTACs and team leaders... the officers are almost always Captains or First lieutenants that are slated to pick up Captain soon... a typical FCT team in ANGLICO will consist of the Captain team leader (0302 or 0802), a Sgt team chief (0861), a Cpl radio operator (0621) and a lcpl scout observer who carries the SAW as well (0861)...officers cannot come to ANGLICO right after TBS, they spend their time in a battery or grunt battalion first

Capital M
09-19-10, 12:41 AM
You get ANGLICO as a B billet for officers... from what one of my Sgt's (whos with 4th anglico for that matter) told me. They arent going to stick a new Lt with anglico, when you have no experience as a forward observer, platoon commander or FAC... so pick 0302, 0802 or pilot