PDA

View Full Version : Marine Needing Advice

MMM
07-27-10, 06:12 PM
Hello everyone, <br />
<br />
I apologize if this is in the wrong section. <br />
<br />
I am currently in limbo and am in need of advice. I am currently a Marine Reservist, I was attached to my previous unit...

echo3oscar1833
07-27-10, 06:40 PM
Not making fun of you, but seriously that is freaking hilarious. You sir by far currently hold the skatest contract in the United States Marine Corps. :D. On a serious not though man if the Reserve Guys don't get with the program, and help get u in a unit. Let me know I know some AD Marines that can help you out. Send me your personal info if need be. :D

sparkie
07-27-10, 08:24 PM
Philip Nolan,,,,,,,,,,

MMM
07-28-10, 02:53 AM
Meaning what? <br />
<br />
Honestly, its like everyone I have encountered is either unable or unwilling to do their job. It is completely ridiculous and this is why I am interested in switching branches... is...

MMM
07-28-10, 03:01 AM
Not making fun of you, but seriously that is freaking hilarious. You sir by far currently hold the skatest contract in the United States Marine Corps. :D. On a serious not though man if the Reserve Guys don't get with the program, and help get u in a unit. Let me know I know some AD Marines that can help you out. Send me your personal info if need be. :D

Sorry for my ignorance, what do you mean by 'skatest.' Im assuming you're meaning that I have an extremely easy way to get out? I would agree, I'm completely stunned that it would be "that easy." If it wasn't happening to me it would be hilarious, to think that the system on the reserve side is filled with so many...cracks. In fact it almost adds to my frustration because it seems, because it is that easy, it's the only option I am being offered. EVEN THOUGH I DONT WANT IT. Its like I'm trying to stay in or switch and no one cares.

My email is junkinbox3@gmail.com (sorry, I don't want to post my personal email in a public forum), I would really appreciate any help you may be able to offer. Even if you just email me someones contact info.

gunnyE7
07-28-10, 03:46 AM
Sounds like you are in some despreate need of assistance. Looks to me Pvt. that you may have just finished training not to long ago. You went in for a reason correct? Well just wondering...is your girlfriend active or reserve?
I would have to say keep going with the Marines. If your girlfriend is active then yes do active in the Marines but if she's not active...see if the Marines have a place for you and if not...I would also go to the Marines to be with your hunny, it also depends on how close you two are as well tho. I know I would've made some different choices when I was younger if I would've known my girlfriend was going to cheat. But it's your life and you need to figure this out on your own and talk to your girlfriend about it as well asap.
Good Luck Marine.

usmc3521
07-28-10, 06:03 PM
if your unit failed to do a unit transfer you would still be attached to them and would be required to attend drills there even though you did &quot;courtesy drills&quot; at another location. There is no way...

usmc3521
07-28-10, 06:08 PM
on a side note I know 2 Marines who fly out to there drill location every month, Both are from Ohio. So you will need to fly or drive to your old unit unless your ops chief can square you away over the phone. If the unit that you were doing courtesy drills with doesnt have your MOS you will have to retrain in another mos that is available at that unit. In order for a unit transfer to take place your admin sec would have to contact there admin sec and fax over paperwork etc. There is no way you could have shown up at this other unit and drilled without any contact being made. If what you are saying is true to the letter your admin sec dropped the ball big time but it is your job to keep them abreast of your situation and intentions

echo3oscar1833
07-28-10, 08:04 PM
Sent you a private email Marine:D

doesitmatter
07-29-10, 03:13 PM
that is what you get for half-assing the marine corps. sorry that you werent able to fit in being a marine during your spare time. i hope the give you an other than honorable. why should you get an...

usmc3521
07-29-10, 03:36 PM
doesitmatter for president

RAPARMER
07-29-10, 03:48 PM
You should have thought about that before you even thought about moving.You should have made sure you were ready to check into your new unit before you moved Marine!The Corps is not going to hold your hand, your a Marine now so learn to Cover Your A$$ when it comes to things like this.If you want someone to hold your hand for the rest of your life to make sure things get done for you maybe you should move back in with mommy! On another note I didn't think the AF was taking prior service.That is what I was told by my AF buddy when our friend tried to re-enlist into the AF from the Army.

Danny C Smith
07-29-10, 05:32 PM
You should have got your trash squared away long before this became
a problem in the first freakin place.
Complacence(sp?) is not an option in the Corps.
I have seen it happen and have been guilty of it myself.
You can be sure that I got "adjusted" quickly. And it stuck.
That is one of the major problems I have seen with Reserve types.
Marines start reverting back into civilian life and things get to easy.
Reach down and grab ahold. Get it togather.:evilgrin:
No one owes you a dam thing.
You have to earn it.

Cash2053
07-29-10, 06:19 PM
You chose to move. There is no openings for your mos and they gave you an option to change your mos and still be in the Marine Corps. Its sounds pretty simple to me. Change your mos and still serve. Make up your missed drills and march on Marine.

josephd
07-29-10, 08:35 PM
I am gonna go out on a limb and be different from the other Marines here telling you "tough ****" basically...

If your admin shop is as bad as mine is I can completely understand what your issue is. There are a few Marines at my unit that have had similar issues when checking back in from AD time, recruiters aid, and coming back from church missions. These Marines were processed out from some reason. I even had minor issues after getting a conditional release.

I would get in contact with your old COC (Plt. Sgt/Plt. Co.) and let them do their job.

sparkie
07-29-10, 08:58 PM
Philip Nolan. Google it if you don't have the Knowledge,,,,,,,,,,,

josephd
07-29-10, 09:15 PM
Philip Nolan. Google it if you don't have the Knowledge,,,,,,,,,,,

I fail to see the association of Philip Nolan to this Marine's issue

sparkie
07-29-10, 09:22 PM
He chose to be a man without a country. So, I'm all wet. Blame it on the beer, if you wish. Just seemed this one chose to isolate for ego reasons,,,,,,,,

josephd
07-29-10, 09:25 PM
He chose to be a man without a country. So, I'm all wet. Blame it on the beer, if you wish. Just seemed this one chose to isolate for ego reasons,,,,,,,,

hahahaha...roger, I was thinking a little too literal

sparkie
07-29-10, 09:32 PM
It's hard to be old, and mostly right,,,,,,,,,,,

Covey_Rider
07-30-10, 12:27 AM
Maybe I'm used to the older forum ways, however I see a huge issue with this guy's lack of profile. If the little bit of information on there is correct, there is probably a reason for all of this. You joined in 2006 and are still an E1? All that this tells me is that you ****ed off your current unit to the point of no return. Outside of that, I think you're an idiot for moving without even contacting your new unit or having a set of orders in hand. Are you serious??? When have you ever gone anywhere in the Marine Corps without proper paperwork to cover yourself. Something about all of this just stinks to me. It is my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong, that the unit that he is attempting to be apart of, can grant him a secondary MOS and/or a billet in order to enable him to fulfill his drill requirements. And the fact alone that you have been presented with paperwork to get you out of the Marine Corps says quite a bit in my book. That's just my 2 cents.